1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good value for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tiernan, Jan 27, 2010.

1. MainVista

MainVista Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the SEO company have done their job by doing their guaranteed top 10. In regards to the traffic no one can give you an exact amount of traffic it will all be estimation, those estimates can be found in the Google adwords keyword tool and other kw tools. I think the seo company have done a fair job, $1985 is really cheap for a guaranteed top 10 compare to what other legit seo companies are offering

MainVista, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  2. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I received an estimation in their sales pitch upon which I based my decision to use their services.
    I also received further sales talk that the total visitors would in fact exceed the estimates provided. So these estimates now became "minumum figures".

It seems the SEO companies sales pitch was more than could be expected as proven with many responses here and the eventual outcome so their representations to me were either false or complete nonsense.

My request was always to provide advice and select the preferred keywords that would deliver the most visits for page 1 ranking.

To miss the estimates by 99.5% is in my opinion quite a "MISS".

Your statement that $1985 is really cheap is not my experience. I received over 15 quotations, some with money back guarantees, all for less than that amount.

Tiernan, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  3. SamJonesSEO

SamJonesSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Then why didn't you go with any of those 15 cheaper quotations that you've got?

Have read this whole thread and I think the seo company did their job right. Besides your website doesn't look like it will attract that much visitors anyway. So those traffic figures are just approximation because no one can tell you how much traffic you will get until you reach top 10 and find that out yourself which most of us tend to do

SamJonesSEO, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  4. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I mistakenly believed they knew what they were doing when they provided the estimates. Their pitch was professional.

Your reply "your website doesn't look like it will attract that much visitors anyway" is probably what they should have said.

I of course disagree that they did their job right. I won't accept that someone in business, having given estimate figures as part of their sales pitch, can disregard the outcome to such an extent. half of 1% wrong is very wrong. Sure, I now accept no one can guarantee traffic, but then don't make false claims to win business and refuse to accept responsibility for those claims.

Tiernan, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  5. SamJonesSEO

SamJonesSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know the whole story but it sounds like there is a misunderstanding between you and the seo firm, reason why I said that "they have done their job" is because they have taken you to top 10, which they have guaranteed in their "sales pitch" and that is not an easy thing to do.. :eek: I suggest you sort it out with them. Are you in the top 2? or top 1? Reason I asked is you may get maximum traffic when you are on those spot, surfers mostly focuses on the top 2 or top 3 results especially for a website and keywords like yours because its not a high demand genre. Good luck to you anyway

SamJonesSEO, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  6. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am in position #7. I accept maximum traffic goes to #1 and #2. For adwords I in fact pitch for 3-8 position and receive a CTR of 4.5% for my ads.
    I get 300 visitors a day from other sources than google organic, of which 100 use my service. There is demand, the reason I pursued the SEO course.

I feel when someone states that the result of their work would be "1,000-2,000 visitors and more probably" then a delivery of 3 is a failure.

Tiernan, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  7. MainVista

MainVista Peon

Best Answers:

I believe the SEO company guaranteed the top 10, not the traffic, so in my opinion I don't think its a failure, they have done their job. And as like what others are saying, no one can tell you the exact traffic you will get, these traffic assumption are just information from the Google Adword Keyword tool which is the closest you will get in terms of traffic info.

And again $1985 is very cheap, other real SEO companies charges around $3,000 to $10,000 per month to get you to top 10. You still have miles to go to learn about the SEO process

MainVista, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  8. jasoncreja

jasoncreja Guest

Best Answers:
    i would say that you need to narrow your span and just focus on keyword which will give you business. If you are in some specific business.. it may possible only 10-20 people search for your business so .. select that particular keyword which can give you 100% conversion rate. (mean all searchers are your potential customers).. i m sure that there will be plenty of relative keyword for your website also .. you can select those keywords and work on it...

jasoncreja, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  9. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi SamJonesSEO - I just noticed that you are very new around here - welcome to the boards!!

Don't matter if normally SEO companies put you in the first top 10 and this is all. The point is that pre-sales gave him an estimate only to make him buy the service.

After that it is a huge difference from what they told him - they told something about 1000 visits and is not a little difference like he got only 700 or he got 300 visits - he got only 3!

Ask your money back.

Micromag, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  10. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member

Best Answers:
    WOW.................those words are so familiar. Almost exactly the same as what the SEO guy said to me!!!!! I didn't realise that I needed to be an expert in SEO before using the services of an SEO firm.

Tiernan, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  11. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting comment. Did you decide that "after" you visited the site?

Tiernan, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  12. rochem1867

rochem1867 Guest

Best Answers:
    not at all you got ripped!!!!!!!!!!!11 what service did thisssss!!???

rochem1867, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  13. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Next time you should look at the search volume before agreeing on a specific term. "russian english translation" gets about 100 searches/day, which is nothing.

Unfortunately they did their job. They got you onto page 1 which is what SEO is about. They did mislead you about the traffic volume however.

Christian Little, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  14. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, it's the misleading thing that is the problem for me.

I asked for my money back and they refused. Having asked my solicitor, I am happy that the presale representations also form part of the contract along with other "false" promises made during emails and gmail chats.

The search volumes were provided by them as I was a newbie then. They recommended the keyword.

Tiernan, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  15. websitemarketing

websitemarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    If you use quotations you will see that your competition was not quite what he claimed. He used the phrase "expected hits" in hopes you would think that would mean unique visitors. Then he tells you, you should learn more about SEO. Not kosher. If anything, and I have not looked at your site, his best advice could have been to look at your web pages and see why your huge 2 clicks a day weren't converting but even that does not fly its 2 hits nothing to really work with. He did get you to page one which is the main thing though so you got the only thing that was guaranteed.

websitemarketing, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  16. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I don't know much about SEO yet but am learning all the time. 16 Million competition all chasing 100 searches a day makes no sense to me. I am happy that there were many misrepresentations made in order to secure the business.

Tiernan, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  17. meongking

meongking Peon

Best Answers:
    you can register google adword, so the amount of traffic can be in the know

meongking, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  18. SamJonesSEO

SamJonesSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I have I am sure its the link in your signature because that is the same site I see on the top 6 for that keyword that the seo firm optimized.

Of course they won't give your money back, you had a deal with them. They have done their part of the deal by taking you to their guaranteed top 10 they have spent every single penny you paid them for backlinks, contents, labour and other factors, so asking for a refund is absolutely out of line. I am saying this as a SEO consultant myself, I know what is involved in performing good SEO and meeting targets sorry buddy but you need to get your head straight on this one. I was 50/50 when I read this thread first but now I am beginning to see that you are getting over your head on this one, selfish that is.

SamJonesSEO, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  19. websitemarketing

websitemarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they were misleading and yes on purpose but I do not think you will get your money back. However, I do think you should post the name of the company here so everyone can avoid them and on your twitter, facebook, myspace and anywhere else you have that you can do so, but just state the facts so they cant come back at you.

websitemarketing, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  20. LBP

LBP Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry to butt in I have been following this interesting thread for a while. Posting the name of the seo company wont solve the problem here, we don't even know the other side of the story, this matter should be dealt between the op and the seo company he dealt with. I am sure they can work something out, I can see where the op is coming from I feel his disappointment and I can also relate to the seo company for doing part of their job. But this should be between them

@websitemarketing you as an seo company yourself should not be suggesting to post the name of the seo company here because you are their competition it doesnt sound good and your intentions are not clear. You have to be careful of what you are suggesting without gathering all the facts. We dont even know exactly whats going on. I suggest we leave this issue to both parties and let them handle it, keep us up to date with the resolution. I will keep watching this thread

LBP, Jan 28, 2010 IP