1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is this site worth? Help!

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by IanT, Jan 28, 2010.

Hello! I am new to this forum... Very glad I found it and I was hoping someone could help me out.

I have been a member of an online community for quite some time, got to know the owner and all or most of the forums members.

Recently, I have decided I would like to purchase the forum, so I contacted the owner and told her of my interest, she wanted me to make an offer but I don't know where to start since I have never bought a forum online before.

I was wondering if someone could take a look at the site and tell me from your point of view, if you were buying it... What offer would you make on the site if you were in my shoes?? I don t know what it brings in as far as revenue is concerned but I know I could make it better.

The site is: soapmakingforum.com

What would you think that place is worth? How does one determine value?

I appreciate any and all replies!

Thank you all so much!

Warm regards ,

IanT

IanT, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  2. argon

argon Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a good place to start is to find out how much she is making from the site now, including things like Google Adsense and other money generating programs.

Once I have the total amount (and i would want some kind of proof as well) I would base a figure of value on around 10 to 12 months income.

That would seem reasonable to me.

argon, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  3. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    To determine the value of a forum/site;

Amount of members
    Amount of regular members
    Traffic per day
    posts all together
    posts per day
    advertising revenue per day and month
    product/premium revenue
    costs - hosting
    staff costs

FavouritesBlog, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  4. nEquity

nEquity Member

Best Answers:
    Post above is a good starting point. And also find out the history of this information.
    As in find out how constant traffic and revenue has been etc etc

nEquity, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  5. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent, So those are some good starting points... I am waiting on a call back from the owner who needs to speak with her business partner regarding the sale. So once she calls back I will request that she emails me that information so I can make a reasonable offer... I am hoping she isnt going to say something outragously expensive or Im not going to be able to afford it... However maybe I can take out a loan if the revenue stream proves Ill have a good stable ROI... The site has so much more potential than what is currently being used, because the owners have not played an active role in the community for more than 2 years (which is about how long I have been a member there)

We shall see.. I am extremely strapped for cash so Im not sure how much I can afford.... but I am hopeful :)

IanT, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  6. jessebhunt

jessebhunt Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're "extremely strapped for cash," why did you contact the site owner and ask her to sell you the site?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to wait until you were in a better financial situation first?

jessebhunt, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  7. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably... but A) Im impulsive and B) I was hoping that a possible purchase would provide me with more funds even if I had to loan money out to get it done, I see a vast opportunity in the market over there for improvement with unaccessed capital that the current owner hasnt pursued, but since I am active in the community I would be playing a direct role in its development etc...

so yes, youre right... but I also feel like if I spend my life waiting, it just wont ever happen... I like being proactive like that ;)

IanT, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  8. spacecadet

spacecadet Active Member

Best Answers:
    well based on "plain numbers"

[​IMG]