1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this possible

Discussion in 'Apache' started by JoeSaddigh, Jan 26, 2010.

Hi,

I have posted a couple of questions and am not getting much help and am not sure if im doing something wrong.

Please could somebody tell me if this is possible so I know that I am not wasting my time.

I want to redirect pages which are served up by apache to my cgi application which is actually a .exe and pass the url of the requested page as a paramater.

Is this possible using mod_rewrite or mod_alias.

I have managed to get it to redirect using mod_alias to the same page in another directory. However I want to specify the cgi (in my case inforeplace.exe) with the url passed in so that I can read the file and replace various keywords before sending the output to the screen.

Should I use mod_alias for this or mod_rewrite?

Please any advice would be great!

Thanks

JoeSaddigh, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  2. mascix

mascix Active Member

Best Answers:
    mascix, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  3. JoeSaddigh

JoeSaddigh Peon

Best Answers:
    I see..

I eventually got it to work. The problem was that I didn't include the cgi module because I was using a cut down version of apache. Such a headache because the code was correct straight away!!

Thanks for your comment I was beginning to think people couldn't see my post!

JoeSaddigh, Jan 28, 2010 IP