1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Filipino bloggers stealing entire article content from me how to report them?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Vel, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks I will try that

thank you guys

I will check out the DMCA!

Vel, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  2. prettybomb2008

prettybomb2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I am glad that you have already change the title since it is really provoking in our part especially were are legitimate bloggers who write our own articles for our blog. Personally I am already curious about those blogs you have mentioned coz I wanna know how they can come up better adsense earnings that yours when you say your the legitimate one?. Anyway since we can't convinced you to show us your proofs then I guess I would just wait for those stubborn Filipino bloggers who copied your site content to be punished if they really are copying your contents since your not showing any proof then I still have doubts in mind...

prettybomb2008, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  3. pearlgurl

pearlgurl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With Website Forge, you can protect everything on your web page, including HTML source code, JavaScript code, text, links and graphics. After successfully protecting your website, people will not be able to view or edit your source code. Your text cannot be copied to clipboard, your link addresses will not be displayed in the status bar of the browser, and your graphics will not be able to be saved by using the "Save image..." function provided by web browsers.
    In short, your web page can get complete protection from Website Forge.

pearlgurl, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  4. animedbsellersz

animedbsellersz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dont publish your post if you dont want them to be steal...that is the fact

once you publish it on the net...all people can copy it...remember that

im suggesting you to use a Signature PLugin for wordpress

it will leave a Signature link in your every Post content

animedbsellersz, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  5. invisibler

invisibler Member

Best Answers:
    my advice, do not bring any country on your thread... everyone can steal your content...

invisibler, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  6. nwired

nwired Peon

Best Answers:
    not all filipino ....
    and how do we know that you really right you article. lol. copyrighted?

nwired, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  7. Lloydblogger

Lloydblogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well. I am not stealing articles. I know how to write. By the way I am not insulting to you buddy. That is advice. That is true buddy. There are many companies and bloggers in the Philippines. If google will do that how about the google Philippines? How about there sales? Imagine that first before you do reporting.

Lloydblogger, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  8. pearlgurl

pearlgurl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, there is no meaning to bash the whole country. Good and bad will see everywhere not only in Philippines.

pearlgurl, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  9. BenjArriola

BenjArriola Peon

Best Answers:
    Just what I think the mistakes were in this whole thread. This is my opinion and i can be wrong or right or it really depends on how you view it.

Issue 1. Filipino bloggers stealing entire article content....

I agree this sounds too general, it is even plural. As if it is a whole community of Filipino bloggers.

I think this should have been: A Filipino blogger is stealing entire articles...

Issue 2. Vel didn't feel good about this blogger speaking about his earnings from his blogs making most of the money from his content and his site was not doing well.

I understand. I also know not everyone that tells the world what they are earning is true. They are probably just selling an ebook talking about how to make more money online using his adsense secret thing. Funny thing is sometimes these people make more money in selling the ebook on how to make money on adsense than earning from adsense itself.

But I do understand Vel's case, since I have many blogs that have been scraped before also and I don't feel good about it either. Although if someone is making money off my content, then I will make my preventative measures on my end which I will talk about later.

Issue 3. Once you post something online, it is like giving it to the world.

I am aware of these scrapers that copy my content so here are a few guidelines I do myself:
    - I do not enable full article RSS feeds, I just enable summary RSS feeds. If there is an RSS feed scraper, it will just get the first few words, then will have a link back going to your site. You minimize duplicate content and you also get a link. I believe your subscribers would also not mind seeing just a portion of your article and if they really lilke it, they will visit it.
    - Some scrapers are not dependent on RSS, they simply scrape source code. In this case, I would always have at least 1 link somewhere in the article going back to my site. And these should be absolute URLs and not relative URLs. That way if ever someone does scrape it, at least it has a link going back to your site.
    - Some scrapers know how to remove links, or sometimes replace them all with nofollows, so I make it a point at least my website name, and address is mentioned somewhere in the article as the original writer. So at least you still get the benefit of telling readers who wrote it and where to go for more information. And currently in Google, two things that does not only look at links, but also citations are Google Local Search Results in Google One-Box and also Google News. Citations are part of the ranking algorithm.

Issue 4. Filipinos asking for proof.

The fact that Vel is not showing proof does not mean it's all a lie. I think Vel has the right to decide to expose the blogger or not. Just because no proof is show does not mean it's a lie, although it does not prove it's true either. But it is wrong for Filipinos to assume it is a lie.

Issue 5. The Filipino Gang War

Going through this thread, there are a number of Filipinos replying. And I also agree the thread title alone looks too generalized, I think the more we (Filipinos) gang up and bombard Vel with accusations and other negative stuff, just makes the Filipinos look even more bad.

I suggest just offer help. Be apologetic for our own countrymen even if it is not your fault. And just offer help in anyway you can.

Having said that... Vel, although I know it is not my site doing these, I apologize not only for the person scraping your site but for everyone else' behavior and if there is any way I can help, I will do my best in resolving the issue. The bloggers are pretty much well connected and we can make things happen sometimes, but I would still say... there are still some bloggers that are beyond our control even if they are Filipino, but at least we can try to talk to them.

Issue 6. Vel not accepting Eli's help earlier.

In the early parts of this thread, I see Eli trying to help out, reaching out. But Vel declines the offer and even suspects that Eli might be defending himself just in case it is his site.

So Eli goes into war mode after that since I know how that feels when you sincerely try to help and then instead of accepting your offer you are accused of something else.

*** Benj Arriola stepped out of office due to meeting and comes back after an hour ***

I think I had more ideas earlier. I now forgot everything I needed to say. I'll stop here first and just reply again later when I get to recall what I want to say.

BenjArriola, Jan 27, 2010 IP
    resaik_king likes this.
  10. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You Benj

I noticed the guy is a RSS subscriber! saw his ip right now.

Benj your also right I never meant harm and I am not racist if anything I just typed fast out of frustration and didnt word my title properly.

But I don't hate Filipinos at all, bad people and thieves come in all shapes colors and countries.

When they started ganging up on me trying to expose me as a liar kinda made them look guilty as if they were defending themselves ya know?

Is it wrong to say China has a bootlegging problem? no because its a fact and it doesn't mean all Chinese are bootleggers.

the only people who will get offended are the ones who are doing the bootlegging themselves and feel threatened that you are taking away their livelihood.

Vel, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  11. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To the OP

If you go on and on about how people steal your stuff (and not even in the right forum for this kind of topic) then you really should post proof. You're basically just insulting everyone in the Philippines, which is retarded.

A lot of abuse does originate from the Philippines, but the population of the country is almost 100 million. When I was dealing with that sort of problem, I got just as much abuse from the Philippines as from Australia. There are morons everywhere.

As for dealing with it, blacklist the range of IP addresses by C class (the first three chunks) used by the thieves. There is no need to copyright as any material is copyrighted by default. Also, consider publishing on sites with clout (such as hubpages.com or qondio.com), so that any copies are immediately identified as duplicate content.

P.S. Kinda hard to believe anyone would steal your stuff, your writing is atrocious.

monosodium, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  12. denniss

denniss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    THIS THREAD IS STUPID!

Guys and girls from the Philippines, WHY are you taking this so personally?

There were multiple people that were stealing content, the OP saw IP addresses from Philippines (and you know, it's super easy to check country by IP, right?)

So he said that bloggerS (plural) from Philippines (based on IP addresses) are stealing his content and was asking for advice.

Why are you so defensive about it? Were you the one stealing his content? No? So why are you trying to defend other people?

It's like, I live in Canada, I'm a honest webmaster.... If you'll tell me that there are some scammer webmasters in Canada I will not argue, I will say that you are right, but I am not one of them.

And I am personally not afraid to say that one of my sites was being copied last year by (multiple) bloggers from Thailand. I know so because they had Thai addresses and phone numbers in their WHOIS. Should I apologize to all That bloggers? Hell no! Since this is the truth THAILANDESE BLOGGERS (plural) were stealing my content, that's all I can say.

Just because OP doesn't want to give you his site does not mean he is lying. In fact he has nothing to gain from writing a long message about his experience, so think about it.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

SOLUTION

Vel, since no one (surprisingly!) gave you a real answer, here goes... based on my last year's experience with auto-blogs from Thailand.

#1) Do not even bother dealing with content stealers directly, most likely they won't answer or will just insult you in e-mails.
    #2) Since their hosts are probably also based in Philippines, it's unlikely that you can make them suspend these people's accounts. So don't bother with it either.
    #3) The only thing you can do (that will work) is go directly to Google and let them know about the problem.

Some basics:
    #1) Google does not allow copied/illegal content in all its programs including AdSense.
    #2) Google WILL shut down offending accounts if you'll complain about them.
    #3) What you need to do is submit official requests to Google in regards to that.

Where to submit them:
    #1) Submit a complaint directly to Google's Adsense department. They will simply disable the AdSense accounts of people that steal content from you without paying them anything and no chance to open another account. This will hurt them more than you can imagine. For all this proceed here - https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=18386
    #2) As a final step, submit an identical report to Google's search engine department (note that it's a different department from AdSense). After receiving this they'll evaluate the offending sites and will most likely "award" them with a Google Penalty, that will either delist them completely from search results or won't let them appear in the first 5 (-50 penalty) or first 10 (-100 penalty) search result pages, effectively killing their traffic. The link for that is here http://www.google.com/dmca.html

All this is a little time consuming, and you might need to request this a few times, but it works 100%. This way last year I've managed to shut down 7 sites that were stealing my content.... Well, the sites are still there, but now they're nowhere to be found in Google search and don't have AdSense on them... which is all that I wanted:)

Anyway, I hope this helps. Give those bastards hell.

denniss, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  13. djromanof

djromanof Member

Best Answers:
    Dude.... As someone previously said, the only solution to this is to DEAL WITH IT and move on. You are wasting your time complaining for this and most definately you won't get anything out of it. The only thing that could be achieved (but I don't think it is likely) is for them to get penalized in some way but you are getting nothing.

"the only solution is if Google Adsense bans Filipino traffic from using adsense"

This is just ridiculous... I'm not Filipino myself but the fact that it happened to be people from the Philippines is just a coincidence and you shouldn't group people like that...

Good luck with whatever you do but if you ask me just get over it and work harder... You shouldn't care what other people do when it doesn't affect you and this doesn't.

djromanof, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  14. denniss

Best Answers:
    If you're stupid, that is indeed the only solution.

While I've just posted the REAL solution above.

denniss, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  15. ZalmanSilber

ZalmanSilber Guest

Best Answers:
    Build your links into your content and syndicate it all over the place! :) Just a thought, unless they are scraping the links out, in which case, yeah I would be upset as well!

ZalmanSilber, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  16. denniss

Best Answers:
    That seems to be the issue with most if not all autoblogs.... They do scrape them out usually.

denniss, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  17. TrickOrTweet

TrickOrTweet Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is crazy to me! I don't understand why the Filipino sentiment seems to be that this guy is anti-filipino! That's nuts, and not the case. The guy is anti-THEFT, which any good blogger should be.

TrickOrTweet, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  18. denniss

Best Answers:
    Bingo, we've got a winner!

It sucks that we're becoming politically correct EVEN on the Internet!!!!

It's like, if multiple Filipino people do you harm you cannot name where they are from...

Ridiculous, to say the least.

denniss, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  19. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    no need to throw insults at me man.

but thanks for the advice

Vel, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  20. patrics

patrics Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had Filipino staff working for me and they were great people. Actually, even lived in the country for 4 years as a foreigner and had a blast.

The issue with the Philippines: There is no rule of law. If you have an issue with a Filipino person doing wrong, there is no way to win a case unless you take it into your own hands.

Some black sheep take advantage of this situation and do very questionable things, just like in many other countries. However, Filipinos are most likely to be doing this because they do speak and write English. That might explain, why we see more scams from the Philippines compared to Ecuador or Chile.

Some large outsourcing companies from Manila do nothing but steal from others. I have been a customer of them and they said 'go fuck yourself' after they took our own work and sold it to their other clients ... just one example. However, those companies were run by foreigners ... and the foreigners run those companies in Manila because they can hide there from the rest of the world.

patrics, Jan 27, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.