1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Images in Signatures

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by TimothyJohn, Jan 26, 2010.

Hey guys, I was lying in bed last night and as usual my brain was running away with itself and I thought to myself, does it count as an extra backlink if you not only link to your website in your signature but also display an image from it. Correct me if i am wrong but doesn't having your avatar image on your website count as a backlink ? If an image does count as an extra backlink doesn't this mean there is the potential to double your backlinks by adding an image to your signature thats on your website? What are you thoughts?:)

TimothyJohn, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  2. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can image count as a backlink? Google or even any other search engines cannot read images. If they were real good in reading images then it would be very easy for us to get some good results in image section of Google :)

I tried to find something good in Google images but it showed one of the most irrelevant results.

Avatars are only meant as a small banner or such like advertisement purpose. Don't treat it as backlink.

expertofexperts, Jan 26, 2010 IP
    TimothyJohn likes this.
  3. TimothyJohn

TimothyJohn Member

Best Answers:
    Oh ok :) I misunderstood Thank you very much for clearing this up for me :)

TimothyJohn, Jan 26, 2010 IP