1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Way to Build Links for Articles?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by J1218, Jan 26, 2010.

I have quite a few Ezine articles that are ranking around the middle of the 1st page to somewhere on the 2nd page for my keywords.

I've already submitted them to quite a few other do-follow article directories and web 2.0 sites and I've ran out of ideas for more places to submit them to build backlinks.

What do you guys recommend is the best way for me to continue getting links to these articles to push them up to the 1-3 spot?

I know blog/forum commenting is another way to build links but I've heard these links are weak and plus it would take forever for me to do this for about 20 articles since I don't want to be spamming blogs.

J1218, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  2. Neon

Neon Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you could look into commenting on blogs like you said, I can help you out (Take a look at my sig) but to avoid just replying to promote my own services, you could consider inter-linking the articles to pass the PR juice in a link-wheel format, social bookmark every article, build some general backlinks, a couple of references on Yahoo Answers should work nicely, just make sure it's a live-link!

Neon, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  3. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I forgot to mention that part...

I did use OnlyWire to social bookmark each article. I also pinged them with Pingler and I've submitted my author RSS feed to a few sites.

I've read that link wheels can be traced and Google doesn't like it so I try to avoid them. I just link everything back to my main Ezine article.

Also, Yahoo Answers is no-follow so that link wouldn't help me much.

J1218, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  4. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can create blogs on 'free publishing' platforms like wordpress,livejournal, weebly, wetpaint etc. and push those as well. If your articles are good, create more blogs and create a visitor funnel for your site.

jitendraag, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  5. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have done wordpress, weebly, and blogger as far as free blogging platforms go. I'm going to add a few more in the next couple days.

Wetpaint is no-follow so I wasn't gonna bother with that and Live Journal for some reason wouldn't accept my articles. Not sure why, they aren't anything that I can see as a problem.

What do you think are some other good do-follow blogging platforms?

J1218, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  6. jitendraag

Best Answers:
    Live journal has no 'say' in the articles you are writing on your blog. Wetpaint will give you a dofollow link 'within' your post. There are many free blog platforms, just search for "free blog" and you will many in search results and in adwords.

7. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, maybe there was just an error with the submission then but I tried Live Journal the other day and it wouldn't let me submit. I'll try that one again.

And I did have a few Wetpaint posts up and I have an add-on for Firefox that tells me which links are no-follow and everything in my Wetpaint posts was marked as no-follow.

Even double checked it with a Google search and everyone else was also saying Wetpaint is no-follow. They must have changed it recently or something.

J1218, Jan 26, 2010 IP
    jitendraag likes this.
  8. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just tried Live Journal again and here's the error I got:

"Error updating journal: Client error: Sorry, there was a problem with content of the entry"

Is there a certain way I'm supposed to use links or something? I don't see anything wrong with my subject...it's a DIY article for woodworking.

J1218, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  9. jitendraag

Best Answers:
    J1218 likes this.
  10. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome, thanks for the list. + rep to you as well :)

Yeah I agree about Wetpaint. I suppose they are just tryin to cut down on people like us using them for backlinks haha.

I opened up a ticket with Live Journal so I'll see what they say.

J1218, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  11. wblteam

wblteam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  12. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Squidoo is an obvious one.

jj1, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  13. skaa

skaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Try hubpages too.

skaa, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  14. sweta

sweta Peon

Best Answers:
    try squidoo & businesstalky.com

sweta, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  15. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    You pretty much covered everything - social bookmarking, pinging, RSS feed submissions, etc. You can do link wheels - who said Google doesnt like link wheels and can be traced? Even though link wheels can be traced they are incoming links from high PR sites and are supposed to be treated as such. Submit the spokes of the wheel to social bookmark sites and also do blog commenting in order to beef up traffic.

Traffic-Bug, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  16. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    can someone make huge list of blog submission site.

newlogo, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  17. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    J1218, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  18. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I forgot exactly where I saw it but I've heard it mentioned a few times that link wheels are becoming less effective.

Yes it might be a link from a high PR site but if Google's algorithm catches on that you're the one building these links they won't give them as much weight since it's technically not natural. At least that's my opinion but I guess none of us could ever have the true answer because we don't know how their algorithm works.

As far as submitting each spoke to social bookmarking, wouldn't you end up getting banned from the site for constantly sending in the same thing? For example, if I have 20 spokes to my wheel all centered around the same keyword/niche and I submit all 20 of them to the social bookmarking sites, won't they just see it as spam?

J1218, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  19. pcser

pcser Peon

Best Answers:
    I am now focusing on blogger.com for link building? is that good? link building is really hard to do...

pcser, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  20. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogger is just one of the many places you need to build links from. Use all of the other blog services, article directories, and web 2.0 sites as well.

It's not so much hard as it is boring...

J1218, Feb 5, 2010 IP