1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hey Check Out This Post Of What Google Did To a Small Ecommerce Site (Pretty Sad)

Discussion in 'Google' started by Fat_Man, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Fat_Man

Fat_Man Peon

Best Answers:
    But this is the common response from Google!!

Fat_Man, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  2. Fat_Man

Fat_Man Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes and that applies to Adwords advertisers also. I spend 10,000 per month and can't seem to get anyone to call. They only support my by email and the answers that they usually respond to me with are redirections to the support forum

Fat_Man, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  3. googlelovesme

googlelovesme Peon

Best Answers:
    embrace capitalism or suffer the consequences...

if you think you can do it without google, then block their spiders from your sites and see if you can succeed without them... would be a fun experiment

googlelovesme, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  4. Fat_Man

Fat_Man Peon

Best Answers:
    You know whats funny, I am actually doing that with one of my site now to show the power of social media marketing and it is working out pretty good. After a month I am up to like 200 or so hits a day :)

Fat_Man, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  5. googlelovesme

googlelovesme Peon

Best Answers:
    That's cool! Knowing that Google is not the be all and end all would make a lot of people here happy. I'm too scared to go without them for now though :D

googlelovesme, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  6. googlelovesme

googlelovesme Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing more frustrating than contacting a company and having them refer you to their woeful support documents. If their support documents were any good, you wouldn't be contacting them in the first place... I haven't had many dealings with Google, but this seems to be the norm in the tech world.

Having worked in tech support myself, we do tend to get a superiority complex, where dealing with retards all day makes us start assuming everyone is a retard. Happens to programmers, too. There is some definite connection between increasing IT skills and decreasing your social skills...

googlelovesme, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  7. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It sucks, but it also shows how you can't rely on one income generating source. All that has to happen is something like this, and then you're dead.

Pixelrage, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  8. forex12345

forex12345 Peon

Best Answers:
    thats a bad site lol

forex12345, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  9. brandon93s

brandon93s Active Member

Best Answers:
    First off, I'm sure there is more to the story. Some factors are likely left out that resulted in his store being removed. Google had to had a reason to even be reviewing his store in the first place, they don't just go around snooping and canceling accounts, that would be a waste of time and money for them.

Second, everyone should get over it. Google is a corporation and can do so what they want. They made no promise to this man to carry his books. They can do what they want, and rightfully deny who they want without reason. If you were to take google to court on this case, you have no case! Google is not at fault. What they did (or didn't if this is made up) isn't illegal. Yes, it is wrong but it is not illegal or against any promises they have made.

Being able to list his products on google to earn $3,000 a month online was a privilege, not a right! Get over it. If his free standing book store cannot survive on its own without selling books through google stores then it isn't a very promising business establishment anyways in my opinion.

Take this into consideration, "As of September 30, 2008, we had 20,123 employees located around the world." - Quoted from google: http://investor.google.com/faq.html#employees
    That was in September of 2008! This number has been growing ever since google opened and will only continue to grow. Sure, for the 5 individuals that google may have left without a job in this case, it honestly sucks. However, they will hire another 100 down the road, and more and more into the future. Google is a large employeer, and can rightfully do what they please. What they did was wrong, but they were rightful in doing so.

/end rant

brandon93s, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  10. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    This is definitely the bottom line here.

To play devil's advocate.... this guy was selling dropshipping products on this Google service which was against their TOS, like it or not. It doesn't matter if he physically owned the books or ran a store, the point of the matter is that he was selling them through a dropshipping source.

Pixelrage, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  11. normanweb

normanweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Going head to head against Google in court would definitely be costly and the likes of winning the case are very small. Best of luck to them!

normanweb, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  12. brandon93s

brandon93s Active Member

Best Answers:
    No doubt. Google can out spend you on lawyers until you cave or can no longer spend to stay in the game.

However, that wouldn't even be the case. The man has NO case in a court of law. He agreed to the TOS, and was violating them. End of story, google wins. He was reselling books that he had purchased at a merchants price, which translates to "dropshipping" in a physical sense. Like it or not, that is what it is.

brandon93s, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  13. cdbelajar

cdbelajar Member

Best Answers:
    They told me (google) that we have original, unique and useful contents,I think they lie to us about that.. I have make and create original content and useful, but what I got they kick me.. I don't believe and don't care anymore about that...

cdbelajar, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  14. draxima

draxima Active Member

Best Answers:
    The major issue in this case is the above statement/policy sent by google.

That's the reason they disabled the merchant account.

If the merchant did purchase the books and running a real store he would have logs and paperworks of the different book items.

Receipts!

I see no problem sending those to the google merchant team or any other department responsible.

Somehow I might be wrong but it feels some information have been excluded. We just see emails going back and forth nothing else. If this was really that important and things was in order in accordance of the merchant policy - he would get his merchant account back.

Again I might be wrong, but that is how I look at it.

draxima, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  15. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone with a business model that is dependent on free traffic from a free search engine deserve to fail.

Agent000, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  16. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Felt bad bout that man but yeah definitely its a pretty good link bait for the site mentioned by op or at least its turning out to be

coolseo36, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  17. pdmac8

pdmac8 Member

Best Answers:
    I think the problem was the tone of his emails, firstly for a Christian he was quite disparaging and easily angered, secondly the only way to deal with big business is to accept that they are huge and you are the insignificant stuff they just got someone else to scrape off their shoe because they are so important that they don't even want to touch you.

Only if you word your emails in that way do you get any kind of help from big business companies like that.

pdmac8, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  18. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oops, thats so sad. Google must be good to they customers :)

musichangout.com, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  19. poosc

poosc Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok so this is a bad response but there are other ecommerce solutions out there that he could use surely? No need to lay off 5 people as he could carry on with a different ecommerce program. Would take more effort sorting it out but still. I do feel sorry for him as it isn't a very nice response from google at all.

poosc, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  20. Theo87

Theo87 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised we're even having a discussion over this. Google is a profit-based business, not a charity. They can do whatever they think is best for them. There are tons of sites at Google's caliber and below that reject and delete accounts for valid and invalid reason on a daily basis, it's their right to do what seems fit.

I agree it's sad but that's the nature of business, it's not always in your hands.

If the guys telling the truth, I hope things will get better for him.

Theo87, Jan 27, 2010 IP