1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it me? Or When U rank well in Yahoo you don't Rank in Google..& vice versa

Discussion in 'Google' started by Blackmediaprop08, Jan 19, 2010.

I noticed that when a site ranks well in yahoo..it does poorly in Google and vice versa..what is that about??

Are their different things that you guys do separately to rank well in google than in Yahoo. I personally usually focus on Google, but every now and then a site ranks very well in Yahoo, but then its google ranks drag along and never really pick up much traction.

Blackmediaprop08, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  2. sfraise

sfraise Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm about the same rank for all 4 of my keywords in both search engines, page 1 in both for chat rooms, page 2 in both for chat, page 1 in both for free chat rooms, and page 2 in both for free chat. There's a few spots difference between the two but pretty close all in all. If I could just figure out how to get site links in Yahoo like I have in Google, Yahoo seems to be a bit stingier on site links than google for some reason.

sfraise, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  3. hem1234

hem1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    The algo of google and yahoo are not 100% same. Its not an easy task to get rank in yahoo for a new website. Yahoo ranks well a website having more keyword density in title, meta description and in the content as compare to google. And also the keyword used in the directory submission and commenting, article submisison and social bookmarking plays an important role in ranking in yahoo search. So the king in yahoo search fails in google sometimes. Some advantages to the aged websites in both search engines.

hem1234, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  4. Blackmediaprop08

Blackmediaprop08 Peon

Best Answers:

^^ sounds about right..I'm going to take that to head.

Blackmediaprop08, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  5. zippy1nut

zippy1nut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google - quality of links
    YAHOO - quantity of links

zippy1nut, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  6. WadeFisher

WadeFisher Peon

Best Answers:
    I remember the good ole days when you just had to have a company / website name that began with the first letter of the alphabet to rank high in the Yahoo directory.

!AXXXXXXXX.com is what I used and got A LOT of traffic.
    Goes back to the old phonebook days.

As far as traffic and ranking goes I do see a significant difference in the way my sites rank in both. Not sure if it's because I focus more on Google but could be. I suppose you could create two different pages for the same product / concept and see optimize for each.

WadeFisher, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  7. windtalker2

windtalker2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo and google algorithms are different. Also one search engine may find backlinks to your website that the other have not yet.

windtalker2, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  8. cdbelajar

cdbelajar Member

Best Answers:
    Google rank based on backlinks and google can banned you if they don't like you :) although you have original or useful contents.

cdbelajar, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  9. Taranfx

Taranfx Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo's algo is pretty weird

Taranfx, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  10. Jumpness

Jumpness Member

Best Answers:
    I find a major difference in all the search engines. I'm #1 in Google for one business, but on page 2 for Yahoo. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like Bing takes the longest to find my site.

Jumpness, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  11. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo rankings are usually pretty good indicator of future rankings in Google for many of my sites.

agtile, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  12. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not noticed big difference of ranking from Google and Yahoo for my own main keywords. Don't omit Yahoo, it also generates traffics to your sites and sometimes those visitors would have higher conversion rate. :)

Have a nice day,

AirForce1, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  13. sfraise

sfraise Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo went all kinds of crazy today, not sure if anyone else noticed it or not, we completely disappeared for a while for chat, slipped to page 2 for chat rooms and free chat rooms. Titles were getting cut off, sometimes they were dropping the www even though we have it 301 redirected and set as preference in yahoo site explorer.

It's all pretty well back to normal now, was hoping we would see some boosts once the crazyness ended but so far we're a slot or two lower than where we started.

Google seems to be a lot more stable in ranking, I never see these wild swings with them.

Now if you can figure out Bing you're doing better than me, I can't figure that junk no count search engine out to save my life. Seems like the better you do in Google and Yahoo the worse you do there, looking at their results I usually see a lot of lesser quality sites ranking high. I don't care how many commercials Bing runs, I wouldn't use it for anything. Luckily nobody else really does either so I could really care less about our rank there.

sfraise, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  14. zgerm

zgerm Peon

Best Answers:
    My site easily rank well in yahoo and bing, but google it is harder because there are many competitors you want to compete with if you compete with high competitive keywords! The algorithm for them are different

zgerm, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  15. peterson82

peterson82 Peon

Best Answers:
    It could take some time before you see an effect in Google and Google is harder to rank in. Plus ranking high in other search engine does not mean you have optimized your site well for Google - as Google has other factors that they may be looking at for ranking.

peterson82, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  16. dariuscmd

dariuscmd Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's because g and yahoo have different ways of indexing,but don't worry,if u optimize it for good,it will be ok

dariuscmd, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  17. pearlgurl

pearlgurl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You mean you don't know anything about their algorithm, right?

pearlgurl, Feb 4, 2010 IP