1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Re-direct or not?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tiernan, Jan 26, 2010.

Hello,

This SEO stuff is worse than golf. Just as you think you understand something it changes))))

For months now with some success I have been getting SEO work done on my main Translation site. As an extra, I put a 1 page simple site on my domain www.livetranslator.net only a few days ago and already I am #8 on Bing with 4 visitors today, all of them then proceeding to my main site.

So, does one put up lots of mini sites focusing on the domain rich keywords or re-direct the domain?

Tiernan, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  2. Monopuff

Monopuff Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an essential strategy for SEO, so yes.

Monopuff, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  3. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to do this whole mini sites and then sending visitors to your domain, are you selling affiliates or something.
    Else, best is to promote and SEO your main money site or business site and create mini sites at Web 2.0 properties and send articles to article sites all with linkbacks to your main site/business site/money site.
    Create keyword rich pages on your domain and build backlinks to it, that should help you better.

COBSolutions, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  4. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member

Best Answers:
    To clarify, my main site is Liveonlinetranslation as per my signature but we currently only do English-Russian-English translations but plan to offer other language pairs later.

My thinking is that the mini sites I have built and others I might still build will act as both an easier SEO job and as a filter. We receive many visitors looking for 1 word translations so most of them won't be long term paying customers. I therefor set up a site www.howtosayinrussian.com for those looking for "how to say hello in russian" and will place advertising/content hoping to send some relevant customers on to the main site.

I also have the domain www.onlinerussiantranslation.com but don't want to make that my main site with future plans in mind.

Other domains I have are :-
    englishrussiantranslation.net
    englishrussiantranslator.net
    russiantranslationonline.net
    russianwordfor.com
    meaninginrussian.com

All keyword rich domains.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
    Tiernan, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  5. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe G will see your strategy as a link farm - spamdexing may cause problems for you in the near future.

Micromag, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  6. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tiernan, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  7. Deathader

Deathader Peon

Best Answers:
    definatly, it is essiential

Deathader, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  8. Tiernan

Tiernan Active Member