1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jews and Christians Worship the Same God?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Vebtools, Jan 26, 2010.

I have confusion about it. can anybody tell me Jews and Christians Worship the Same God or two different GOD?

As wel as i know chiristan Worship Prophet Jesus who was the 2nd last Prophet. What about Jews? They also follow Jesus or they worship Prophet Musa?

Dont exlapin any thing i need a short ans

Vebtools, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The reason Jews are still Jews and not Christians is because they rejected Jesus as a fraud and are still waiting for Messiah which is mentioned in their religion.
    Christian God and Jews God and Muslim God supposedly is the same God only Christians got a little bit confused because of some language translation and started to believe God made Mary pregnant and Jesus is son of God and that is the reason behind the belief in some Christian sects about Jesus being God. :)

gworld, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    islam, judaism and christianity are all Abrahamic religions. They are all originated with Abraham..... The resulting different religions are because they couldn't agree on the details, like if jesus was god or not, if jesus is the messiah mentioned in the OT or if the big boss man really don't want you eating sausages.

So now we have the situation where they are fighting over who has the correct made up bollocks.

stOx, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  4. Dude111

Dude111 Guest

Best Answers:
    I believe there is ONE MAIN GOD so YES,we all worship the same being (Even though he is called something different)

Dude111, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    and has very different attributes.... and sometimes there is more than one.... apart from those minor differences, exactly the same.

stOx, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  6. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok i got it that Chiristan worship Jesus who was son of marry

what about jews?

7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    jews like who the christians think is his dad.

stOx, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  8. Vebtools

Best Answers:
    i am confused.. did you mean that chiristan belive that Jesus is dies where Jews belive He is not?

9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jews don't believe jesus is a prophet. The jewish god is the same character in the book as jesus' dad (not joseph, the other one)

stOx, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  10. Vebtools

Best Answers:
    Oh Ok, then who is the God of Jews? Jesus father? (but He has no father)

11. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they all worship God, with capital G which is also named Allah in Islam. so is the jews.

etc, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  12. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Their heavens have got different facilities , so most probably they have got different gods, you can differentiate religion by finding out what kind of free services are promised at heaven :D , I hope I removed your confusion.

it career, Jan 26, 2010 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.
  13. Vebtools

Best Answers:
    not yet.. :( i got it that Christan Worship Jesus
    dont know about Jews yet

14. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If any of you muslim can read, here is a good reading about the Abrahamic Religion.

It has been suggested that the phrase, "Abrahamic religion," may simply mean that all three religions come from one spiritual source. Christians refer to Abraham as a "father in faith."[Rom. 4]. There is an Islamic religious term, Millat Ibrahim ("Abrahamic circumcision), indicating that Islam sees itself as having practices tied to the traditions of Abraham.. In addition to Jewish direct birth descendancy from Abraham, adherents follow his practices and ideals as the first of the three "fathers," Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

All three major Abrahamic religions make some claim that their founders were direct descendants of Abraham.

* Abraham is recorded in the Torah as the ancestor of the Israelites through his son Isaac, born to Sarah through a promise made in Genesis.[Gen. 17:16]. All variants of Judaism through the early twentieth century (prophetic, rabbinic, reform, and conservative) were founded by Israelite descendants.
    * Christianity is sourced from Christ, known to be Jewish, and therefore making the same ancestry claim as above.
    * Muslims have a traditional that Muhammed, as a Mecca-region Arab, descends from Abraham's son Ishmael.

The term is, however, far from universal. It conveys an unspecified historical and theological commonality that is problematic on closer examination. There is commonality, but in large measure it is peripheral to their respective beliefs. For example, the core Christian beliefs of Incarnation, Trinity, and Jesus' Resurrection are categorically denied by Judaism and Islam (see for example Islamic view of Jesus' death.) There are key beliefs in both Islam and Judaism that are not shared by Christianity, and so on. Thus, commonality is present but it hides crucial differences. Hence, the term 'Abrahamic faiths' while helpful is also misleading.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
    wwws, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  15. Vebtools

Best Answers:
    Thanks WWWS for the link.

As i know Muslims Believe that Only Allah is their God and Chiristan Believe that Jesus and Allah are their God and about Jews I believe Allah and Mosa are their God

I just want to conform that is it that true? or there is some one who is God of Jews?

16. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A main difference is how they canalize their homoerotic needs. Jews (Muslims I don't know) play with their babies penises and cut their foreskin in an atavic ceremony, whereas Christians made up a grown up, fairskinned male figure (named Jesus) who loves them very much and they even reach ecstasy when they think a lot about him. Catholics even like to eat his flesh every sunday.

My pleasure to help. Any other questions keep posting.

cientificoloco, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  17. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm the true Jewish god and I will have you all muslim burn in hell!!! Ha ha ha!!!

...Seriously if you read the article, it says that it believes the same god as you do and that they refer to their god in many different names. See this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions#God_in_Judaism

So, basically it was the jew that came up with the idea of god that you now have to heal 5 times a day, so thank a jew for making your life a miserable one instead of hating them, or was it the reason? ...on a positive note, you could be worshipping a camel's dung if it weren't for them, right?

wwws, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  18. Vebtools

Best Answers:
    I got the better answer through my facebook friends

the jews follow the old testament, the christians the new testament... Whether they worship the same God i dont know. I think the people of the book agree there is one God though they may give different names to that God so u can argue they worship the same God.

Thanks for your help guys
    vebtools

19. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is really obvious God of the Jews is the God that Christians worship. What gets the islamic panties in a wad is that Christians believe God put himself in the form of man (Jesus) and DIED for our sins. Islam doesn't believe God is capable of doing anything He wants like being all man and all God. I believe in the God of Moses, Jacob, Adam, the one and only God. Who is the same Today, Yesterday and forever who never changes. This is how you can tell that God and the allah of islam are not the same.

debunked, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  20. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is very complicated. Christians and Jews worship the same God. The same exact Deity.

There is a little disagreement about what Christians believe when it comes to Jesus. Some Christians believe that Jesus is the literal son of God, a separate and distinct person. Others believe that God himself came to Earth and lived and died as a human male.

For someone who is just trying for a general understanding. When speaking of Christians and Jews, God is God. There is only one and it is the same one.

Most Christians also believe that Jesus is God.

I hope this helped.

Colbyt, Jan 26, 2010 IP