1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Start Own Hosting Company

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ChopSuey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll just buy me another 3 dedi's and two VPS' i'll be good. xD
    Hire staff next month.

ChopSuey, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why not start from 1 dedi box?
    Only buy more when your client grown.

mentos, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  3. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Competition is huge in this area. It is probably the only area beside adult where I wouldn't try to build online ideas. But anything is possible so I wish you good luck!

bluemouse2, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  4. adityastar

adityastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    u mentioned earlier u don't have money for WHMCS & here you are saying that you are going to buy 3 dedi & 2 vps next month. Honestly I don't get you.

adityastar, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  5. stop-ddos

stop-ddos Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are too much cheap web hosting offers. I think it will be pretty hard to attract customers for new hosting company.

stop-ddos, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  6. Onguardia.com

Onguardia.com Peon

Best Answers:
    OK many are saying hosting is a NO for making money. Lets' look at what is appealing about it. You are farther up the food chain. Everyone needs hosting. You are a behind the scenes guy.

You have an automated setup. You can buy or lease servers and put many, many clients on them. When clients grow their business they may use you to add on because you are their current hosting company.

You can run a huge operation with minimal people.

You can run it from anywhere. Your clients the webmasters are tinkering with their sites and you just host them.

So many players in the game now... looks like a good place to be.

Onguardia.com, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  7. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't expect to make much money from hosting companies anymore. Do this only if you have money to spare.

TheVccMatey, Jan 25, 2010 IP
    ChopSuey likes this.
  8. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'd better get cPanel/WHM from any of the company's resellers. However tit is not enough just to have a web hosting product and to start selling it. You need to position the new brand in a niche.

HostColor, Jan 26, 2010 IP
    ChopSuey likes this.
  9. Raisin

Raisin Active Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest mistake people make with hosting, is that they think all they need to do is set up their servers, build a website, post a few ads, then watch the money roll it. That's a mistake. Getting your hosting service set up is just the easy part. You're going to have to work hard for every single client you sign up. Hosting is a hard business to get into. I wouldn't say it's impossible like others have said here. You just have to remember that there's an huge amount of competition. Which just means that it's going to take a lot of work and some creative marketing if you hope to successfully compete in this field. It's not enough to simply offer your service.

Probably the easiest way to get into this business is to combine it with a web design service. It's usually not too difficult to sell a hosting account to your clients for their new website. The only downside to this is that the amount of volume you can expect from this is pretty low. Plus web design is another crowded business with its own set of challenges.

Raisin, Jan 26, 2010 IP
    ChopSuey likes this.
  10. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    VPS :)
    Thank you
    What are friends for ? LOL I have nice friends.
    I know, i know. I got the best place to start from. I know alot of people who want to start their own forum.
    Im no player, im a coach :)
    Yeah i already gotten that extra $5 a month
    Well, that mistake part is right i guess lol. HOpefully wouldnt happen to me :)

ChopSuey, Jan 30, 2010 IP