1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is the best social network site?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by riya121, Jan 16, 2010.

1. webspider20

webspider20 Member

Best Answers:
    I recently added over 1000 new friends on my facebook account and then sent out a update on my site All-Most.com and I got loads of traffic for 2 days. and then it started to drop off again. Just thought I would share that for inspiration

webspider20, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  2. sahalsahal

sahalsahal Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter twtter :D:Dtwitter

sahalsahal, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  3. webreserch

webreserch Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Facebook and twiter best and high traffic site .

webreserch, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  4. Liszt

Liszt Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook and twitter.

Liszt, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  5. alainajoseph05

alainajoseph05 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Stumbleupon!!!!

alainajoseph05, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  6. svirk

svirk Banned

Best Answers:
    Twitter and Digg.
    Just best are these

svirk, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  7. biscayne

biscayne Peon

Best Answers:
    As my opinion.... Facebook and twitter is the best SN site....

biscayne, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  8. pgopalan

pgopalan Peon

Best Answers:
    As above, there really is no BEST social networking site. It all depends on your preferences and your interests. The best I can do is classify social networking platforms by function and then let you know which is the best in each one.

Social Networking - Facebook, LinkedIn

Facebook is the standard, if you want to make a presence in the social media sphere, you have to have one. It's the de facto standard, and it's useful for keeping up to date with the social lives of your friends as well as keeping tabs on social movements and news. It's also a great way to present a more laid-back, casual side of your personality, especially towards your business contacts and colleagues.

LinkedIn on the other hand is mainly for business professionals. It's usually treated as the touchstone of business professionalism, and if you have one, its great to showcase as a foil to your laid-back persona on Facebook.

Social Blogging - Twitter, Blogs (optional)

If you want to keep up to date with the latest news, gossip and social developments, you should create and maintain a Twitter profile. Twitter allows you to engage in "microblogging", short, brief posts of about 140 characters, so you really need to be concise. You can follow internet notables and it's really a great way to make your voice heard.

But if you're looking for something more meaty, choose blogs - but we warned! They are harder to maintain and are time-consuming, requiring a lot more effort in upkeep. Really only start a blog if you have an opinion you want to broadcast, or have interesting information to share. There are some good blogging platforms out there, such as Posterous, so it really can get interesting if you're up for it. Check out www.prashanthgopalan.posterous.com for example.

Social Bookmarking - Digg, Delicious, Reddit, StumbleUpon

I'm not too well-versed in these platforms simply because, yes I'll admit it, I don't have the patience to develop a persona here. It's also because your efforts aren't rewarded as proportionately as on other social media platforms.
    It sucks because there have been times when people spend months posting up interesting content, only to post one or two bad posts and watch their fan following dwindle away. It's a really harsh environment, so you need to watch the quality of what you post. It also doesn't hurt to have a large friend base on these platforms. They can help "Digg", "thumbs up" or "reddit" your content so that you quickly peak in ratings. If you can make it into the Pick of the Day, Week, Month or Year lists, then you're set. Try to get a lot of friends who know you outside of these platforms to join them, so that they'll root for you no matter what.

Personally, I like StumbleUpon for its fresh, clean, smooth look and feel. Its site architecture hints at professionalism tempered with elegance and a laid-back attitude. I'm looking forward to using it more often.

Location-based social networking - Gowalla, Foursquare

These represent the new frontier in social media platforms. I'm not very familiar with them, but it seems as though they're based on users periodically updating their statuses with locational information. The best thing is that these tools are being used to literally drive social movements to particular locations, essentially creating a pool of rapid-response volunteers who are pumped with bringing about social change.

Let me know if this was helpful. If you'd like more information, get in touch with at www.prashanthgopalan.posterous.com or follow me on Twitter @PrashGopalan.

Cheers.

PG:cool:

pgopalan, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  9. turkishpolitics.us

turkishpolitics.us Guest

Best Answers:
    in term of bringing traffic to my site i vote for facebook the more u have friends the better your traffic is

turkishpolitics.us, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  10. kokotajima

kokotajima Active Member

Best Answers:
    as for me Facebook and Twitter really help for marketing use...

kokotajima, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  11. coolstein

coolstein Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook ,twitter and flixya is the best

coolstein, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  12. murthyseo

murthyseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Linkedin, facebook and twitter.

murthyseo, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  13. CoreMedia

CoreMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    If you mean from a marketing point of view then Facebook, Myspace & Twitter for sure. Twitter is your main one I would personally recommend that one because you can gain access to a growing Twitter World regardless of whether they are following you or not! Facebook & Myspace are a little different in that the only people you can really target are your 'friends' as they are the only people who will see your ad! The exception to the rule is paid ads which both Facebook & Myspace run... accessible by all registered users on the site but whilst both sites have a vast audience it is unclear what kind of sites are best suited to this kind of advertising.

CoreMedia, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  14. aka_le_Mulder

aka_le_Mulder Member

Best Answers:
    I repeat - what are the basic rules for Facebook account? Just updating profile regularly? Or some other tips?

aka_le_Mulder, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  15. TimothyJohn

TimothyJohn Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is great. Haven't personally used facebook yet but may do soon :p Good luck :)

TimothyJohn, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  16. tr1n1ty

tr1n1ty Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook > Twitter > Myspace > Friendster.

FB wins

tr1n1ty, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  17. jerryjacson

jerryjacson Peon

Best Answers:
    facebook, twitter and digg give good traffic

jerryjacson, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  18. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook, twitter and orkut are the best.

checkblog, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  19. sheryna

sheryna Peon

Best Answers:
    I like twitter, but i think facebook is more powerful...

sheryna, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  20. romitun

romitun Peon

Best Answers:
    facebook is best for me.

romitun, Jan 29, 2010 IP