1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what does 3 Month EPC (USD) mean in cj?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by etc, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    i'm trying to learn CJ yet i have no idea what going on there.
    i only use adsense and some ppc but hvent use cj, please tell me what this epc mean?

etc, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Click on HELP once logged into CJ in the upper right corner then type in any search you want to know.

That's how I got this in about 20 seconds:

View My 3-Month EPC

Your EPC (Average Earnings Per One Hundred Clicks) is a relative rating that illustrates the ability to convert clicks into commissions. 3-month EPC values are calculated and updated daily, using data beginning five months previous through three months previous. On the first of each month the five months previous through three months previous timeframe changes to accommodate the month change. For example, an EPC rating in June is calculated using data from January, February and March. It is necessary to use data beginning five months previous to give accurate EPC ratings that may include extended or reversed transactions.

Note: There must be at least 1000 clicks for the 3-month period to calculate your EPC. If less than 1000 clicks occurred, N/A will display for the EPC.

Note: Commission Junction filters out clicks generated by search bots and spiders, helping to improve the overall accuracy of EPC. Many sites, particularly search engines, use search bots to create a copy of all visited pages and then index the downloaded pages to provide faster searches. When search bots index publisher sites, they generate clicks in the Commission Junction system. Since these clicks are not associated with actual users, they do not result in any transactions. Commission Junction filters out these clicks because they can distort EPC and conversion metrics.

Your EPC is calculated in an apples to apples comparison with all publishers by taking each publisher's total commissions earned (regardless of currency) and then converting that total (if necessary) to US dollars. After each publisher's commission total amount has made this conversion to a common currency (USD), the amount is then divided by the total number of clicks times 100. At this point, your EPC is established. Your EPC is then converted back to your functional currency (provided it differs from USD) when you view it on the Home page of your CJ Account Manager.

You can see the progress of your 3-month EPC rating by clicking the View Trend link that displays a graph of your EPC progress for the specified time period. Advertisers use EPC as one way to decide which publishers to make offers to and approve.

internetmarketingiq, Jan 25, 2010 IP
    abhijitnumber1, medcarehealth and etc like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.