1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hmmm... my sales are down a lot this month

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by DamonJ, Jan 13, 2010.

Now that we are approaching mid month my tracking of my sales shows a decrease in sales of over 30%.

While it is expected that sales in January will be lower than average, this is more than double the % of decrease over last January.

Last year there was a dramatic hit after Christmas (2008) with a plateau for the first week and then sales began to slowly but steadily climb to their normal level.

This year, my sales took a dramatic hit after Christmas (as expected) but then have continued to slide ever so slowly.

I am not experiencing the gradual increase that I did last year.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It is troubling because it is a new trend for me and Obama said we were slowly recuperating :)

DamonJ, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  2. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Got 4 sales for around .5$...

WallaceYeung, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  3. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    My sales are down in the UK, but the only thing I can put it down to the worst cold weather and snow in the UK for 30 years.
    People are concerned about the extra heating costs and lack of wages as some can not get to work in the snow. The weather in parts of the UK has also meant that deliveries can not take place, so no point ordering.

Now the snow is starting to melt, the number of visitors/sales is starting to go back to normal again.

Most years amazon is not this slow, but most years the weather is not so bad either. Only thing i can think of.

vagrant, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  4. Parka

Parka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My US sales dropped a bit, but the website traffic maintained so I'm not really worried.

My non-US accounts are steady with no drops.

Parka, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  5. sagetips

sagetips Peon

Best Answers:
    My traffic is steady, even growing, but sales are definitely down. People are tapped out after Christmas and worried about the economy...me thinks!

sagetips, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  6. kashifmahmood

kashifmahmood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am also experiencing the same. Since I only started promoting Amazon from Feb 2009 so this is my first Jan as an Amazon Associate and my conversion rates will tell you the story :

Jun 1%
    Jul 2.3%
    Aug 1.85&
    Sep 4.69%
    Oct 6.21%
    Nov 2.84%
    Dec 4.56%

2010 So far

Jan <2%

kashifmahmood, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  7. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    January is not good for anyone I guess. Same for me.

bluearrow, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  8. csn123

csn123 Peon

Best Answers:
    My sales are down but I usually see that after Christmas. I put it down to the fact that people's credit card bills for December are landing this month so they are a bit more frugal than normal :)

csn123, Jan 29, 2010 IP