1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The return of the 'Dot com bubble'

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by vishalisgreat, Jan 25, 2010.

There were sights of a speculative bubble which was covering around 1998 – 2000. I was too young at that time but there were many people I know who were part of the tech and internet business at that time, including my mother. In the year 2000 the bubble had grown too big and it just had to burst, after that the next two years were only sights of layoffs, cutbacks, bankruptcies and a depleting economy, but unlike this time only tech and internet companies were hit back then.

Now how would you react if I tell you that this Dot com bubble is going to repeat itself,

Read more here http://dumblittleblogger.com/2009/12/the-return-of-the-dot-com-bubble/

vishalisgreat, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  2. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    The situation now is not even close to the late 90s mate. In the 90s putting up a website (such as a joomla site anyone can do now) and claiming you have some magic service would get you VC or Angel funding. Right now, putting up such a site will just get you a hosting bill and a few pennies from adsense. ;)

manofwar, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  3. music legend

music legend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i dont think it will ever be like it was 10 or so years ago. its just doin real good at the moment because everyone thinks they can make money

music legend, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Things will only get better - between social media marketing and localization. These two trends will only continue to open up more opportunities.

Also, big companies take forever to get through the red tape of making website updates, and small businesses will continue to beat them to the punchline.

The only area where everyone will continue to suffer in is SEO, especially since Google is crowding SERPs with so much crap, between the 7-pack, paid placement ads, Twitter results, etc. which push everything down pretty far. Also, everyone and their mother is into SEO these days.

Pixelrage, Jan 25, 2010 IP
    Toon-c likes this.
  5. Onguardia.com

Onguardia.com Peon

Best Answers:
    With the crowded SERP's a fair way to allow more sites to share top rankings would be to figure out the top 100 sites for a search keyword and rotate all those sites equally from position 1 all the way to 100. This way not just the top 10 sites get on the first page. The top 100 do and they take their turn.

Onguardia.com, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  6. skodicious

skodicious Guest

Best Answers:
    It won't burst, but, as always, dummies who think they can get rich quick online (with little to no effort) won't make money.

skodicious, Jan 25, 2010 IP