1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking Higher Then Competition

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by BlueEew, Jan 24, 2010.

If the leading website in my niche as for example 300,000 back links with the anchor text being the "websites name" rather then the "actual niche keyword":

Do I need to worry about them having like 300,000 back links?

See my main competition for a website I want to launch are using "domainname.xyz" as there keyword, however they have lots and lots of back links.

BlueEew, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  2. Link-Building-Champ

Link-Building-Champ Peon

Best Answers:
    to outrank them dear will be really close to impossible and that also for some time will be impossible.

Link-Building-Champ, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  3. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Number of links don't really matter.. Google doesn't rank for 'webmaster forum'. It has DP has 306,121 link, google has 260,110,624, but google doesn't have the keywords in title / anchor etc.

It's not such an easy call.

jitendraag, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  4. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's difficult to say not knowing the actual domain name. Is their homepage ranking for your target term or another page? Is it an authority site and does it have a high Pagerank?

simpseo, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  5. DalCun

DalCun Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets put it this way. If your site is around for the same amount of time or similar is on a good fast srever and has decent content then all you need is a few high PR inlinks and you can generally out rank competition in low and medium competition markets. The secret is not masses of crappy links but the few solid high PR links, the best way to get these links is by providing good content that people will want to link to.

DalCun, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  6. Jumpness

Jumpness Member

Best Answers:
    What do you consider a solid high PR DalCun?

Jumpness, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  7. Words For You

Words For You Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You havent pointed out some main clauses of their strategy. The situation is a little bit vague at the moment. Yeah okay so they are using their website name as KW and stuff. But theres a lot more to it than what meets the eye.

Words For You, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  8. Fuentesana

Fuentesana Peon

Best Answers:
    Qantity doesn't matter, it's qulialiy. Build backinks from higher pagerank than your competition and you'll rank better.

Fuentesana, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  9. Jumpness

Jumpness Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone keeps mentioning quality is better than quantity. I totally agree with that, but what does everyone consider a high PR or quality PR number?

10. Words For You

Best Answers:
    Okay Jumpness here are two important aspects of Quality and Quantity

Lets say, for instance your website has a very high (Page number) and it itself lacks in quality, so the things is that your overall output and reputation will start to redeem all by itself. Its just like having very good links towards a very poor
    1) Content
    2) Set of phrases.
    3) Website overall layout and design
    People will definitely visit your page in the initial few months but then the "Quantity" will start dropping. In the end the person or website gets back to square one. SEO is just like promoting the good side so that the customers or clients pick up the best out of the best from the market (Search Engine Results Of course)

11. Words For You

Best Answers:
    It also means that all in all, you have to have a well rounded website or page. With both good quality and good quantity as well. This goes all for the overall SEO campaigns worldwide.
    Let me know if you have more question(s)

12. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously the closer to ten the better. However, it really depends on the niche that you are in. For example, the site that I'm now working on the most is a chat site. It's pretty near impossible to find a chat related site with a PR higher than 5. So my goal would be to attain as many PR 4 and 5 links, and then work down the scale. Everything counts, but the closer to 10 (or in this case 5) the better.

jasonvan, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  13. Jumpness

Jumpness Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with all of those and that is what I try to put into my sites. I was talking more about what a high PR is for a backlink. What is the special number that makes it a high PR?

14. Jumpness

Jumpness Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely love to get 100 PR10 websites. Maybe when I make that one website that everyone wants to be a part of. Until that day I'll focus on what I can get. I do not see many sites in my industry with backlinks higher than PR4. So I guess a high PR in my industry would be a 5. I can do a little extra work and get a PR6, but I'm not sure if the work is worth the extra PR.

15. isolvum

isolvum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hire some one to do blog commenting all do follow to get better links with you key words and links. so that you get maximum result in both whys.

isolvum, Jan 26, 2010 IP