1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

building a website for people to make shops

Discussion in 'PHP' started by mezner, Jan 24, 2010.

I'm looking into building an online website where users can create accounts, then are able to set up their own "shops" to buy and sell their items. I was wondering, what is the best way to go about building something like this? Is there already scripts I could buy? Should I just add on to an already existing free e-commerse webstore (maybe even os commerce)? Or should I just build this baby from the ground up? I did some research and I found a similiar store set up is big cartel. http://bigcartel.com/

(I figured PHP would be the best language, but if you figure something else should be, feel free to post opinions. I'm all for them. I have a lot of time to build this, so time isn't an issue). Thanks.

mezner, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  2. SL500

SL500 Member

Best Answers:
    I use 68Classified.com, it is very easy to use, you can add pages, change all sorts of stuff on it. I have ZERO programming skills (what is whay I am here lol) and I found it easy to install on my host, and set up. You can check out my site too, I am still working on it. www.soldbyyou.com

SL500, Jan 25, 2010 IP