1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want To Block CPAlead? - Here is how!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by jimbo-53, Jan 24, 2010.

Ok like 95% of the world I hate cpalead, they spam you, they force you to do a survey or pay $1 - and scam you.

OK want to block it?
    well they stop you using adblock plus & no script :( what b*****ds

so to block it

go to
    C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\etc\

Then open the file "hosts" with notepad

add the 2 lines :
    127.0.0.1 www.cpalead.com
    127.0.0.1 cpalead.com

to the bottom and save the file

restart your browser.

done :D

Please note you will no longer be able to connect to the site at all so no visiting at all for you - im not bothered :D

Have fun

jimbo-53, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  2. Mike-XS

Mike-XS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been blocked from accessing many sites running cpa junk and been stuck on a "disable adblock" error page when I wasn't even using firefox or any adblocker.

So I went looking for a way to fight back and get access to the sites because I couldn't even fill out the survey or get access to the site. You just get stuck in limbo. Webmasters who use this junk on their sites are effectively putting up a barrier that stop many people from using their site entirely.

Now I prefer to use admuncher to rewrite the page and remove all CPA related garbage and still have access to the site.

Mike-XS, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  3. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's a reason why people use CPA gateways to block their content. It's because they WANT you to fill out a survey to gain access. That's how they earn some money. If you dont like it then simply leave.

By using a program to remove their ads you are effectively STEALING that website content that the owner wants you to pay for in some way. We all pay costs to run a site...domains, hosting, advertising, designers, coders...it gets expensive. Would you want someone stealing YOUR content that you spend money to provide??

And to the OP...why would someone go through all that effort to end up being blocked for the site entirely? You're not even bypassing the gateway to get to the content. You're just providing a really elaborate way to do what that little red X in the upper right corner does....just close and leave. ;)

asmodeus, Jan 24, 2010 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  4. Mike-XS

Mike-XS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    asmodeus I don't think you even read what I posted. Go back and take some extra time to process the words. They are written in plain english, but take your time if you need it.

Especially the part where I mentioned that I couldn't fill out any surveys because I always got stuck on a stupid disable ad block page when I didn't even use firefox or adblocking software.

I was forced to go looking for a solution and Admuncher works great.

Using the Hosts file block removes the need to press any little red x's from annoying CPA sites.

I'd say any site running that cpa garbage deserves to be blocked. Ocassionally there are exceptions. Most of the people using CPA gateways on their sites are probably driving off a huge percentage of their visitors anyway, not a good way to build goodwill with potential visitors or customers. I would never wreck my sites with that kind of garbage.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    Mike-XS, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  5. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I understood what you said perfectly. All systems have flaws and this is no exception, but we all use different ways to pay the bills...ads, membership fees, or whatever.

Anyone who doesn't like it is free to leave my sites with CPA on them. It's only the ones who stay and join my community that I care about anyway. :)

asmodeus, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  6. thunderspot

thunderspot Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with asmodeus, I'm doing something like this and I love it coz I make money from this and the visitor on my website love the content that's why the're willing to fill the survey... :)

thunderspot, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  7. jasoneswan

jasoneswan Member

Best Answers:
    You know, you sure are saying "Ad muncher" alot, is that because you're from Australia that just happens to be the same country that Ad muncher is developed from, Hmmmmm, interesting, you aren't trying to get people to buy your product now are you? People would much rather do a simple survey than spend $19.99 on your program.

jasoneswan, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  8. Mike-XS

Mike-XS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lol, yeah I make Admuncher and now I have nothing better to do with my time but hang out here.

Are we going to accuse jimbo-53 of creating the Hosts file next ?

I doubt it. Perhaps you can turn that into a survey though.

Would you spend $20 on ad removal software so you don't have to fill in our annoying surveys anymore ?

Mike-XS, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  9. emigre

emigre Peon

Best Answers:
    To Mike-XS

Shameless self promotion. Why didn't you state upfront that you made the software instead of PRETENDING to be a user. LAME :rolleyes:

emigre, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  10. Mike-XS

Mike-XS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry please excuse my sarcasm.

I do not make Admuncher ok. I am just a simple harmless internet user who gets annoyed at things forced upon me. Thanks anyway.

Guys you are free to put whatever traffic destroying $$ making things you want on your sites, but don't expect everyone else to like it too. And yes I think most people do hit that little x button when confronted with forced ads and surveys. But that's just my opinion.

If having an opinion and sharing a comment or two on this topic thats piques my interest is against the rules on this forum then I will gladly go through and delete/edit all my posts and change them to officially announce CPA gateways are the greatest thing since the industrial revolution or video killed the radiostar, ok. :D Now get back to work guys.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    Mike-XS, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  11. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    some of the cpalead widgets only give out the masked link once a survey is completed do you think you have a way around this too?

CPALeadTroy, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  12. tlbuckingham

tlbuckingham Peon

Best Answers:
    They don't spam you and how do they force you to fill out a survey.

People truly amaze me. It's like saying car manufacturers force me to drive over the speed limit because the car can go 100mph.

Please get a grip.

tlbuckingham, Jan 24, 2010 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  13. Procode

Procode Peon

Best Answers:
    He probably joined CPALead, couldn't make any money, and now is mad about it :rolleyes:

Procode, Jan 24, 2010 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  14. ORZ

ORZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's awesome jimb-o, but really you should join some bux forum with more raging kiddies instead of dp ;)

ORZ, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  15. mysoogal

mysoogal Guest

Best Answers:
    block these type of parasites ideas ! money making worthless scums

visit this page and install the hostfile problem is fixed ! no money for these worthless scums

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

CPALEAD can go to hell , if you want people to pay for your content get a freaking membership system or else get the F** out of my internet

mysoogal, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  16. Chestler

Chestler Peon

Best Answers:
    Well whats wrong with cpalead gateways. Why cant people complete a simple survey for 10 mins to get valuable products or watch the favorite shows/films? And lurkers often try to bypass it to enjoy free things. its common. feeling pitty. :D

Chestler, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm sure the people paying for the survey to be completed would prefer it was done by someone with a bit more integrity than someone trying to get warez. They're probably delighted to not have their survey shown :)

sarahk, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  18. emigre

emigre Peon

Best Answers:

And you wanting to get content for free does not make you a parasite or worthless scum? Actually that would make you cheap as well.

A membership system can be difficult to set compared to the easy gateway system. Both achieve the same ends - make money - just the method is different, so why are you so mad at cpalead but perfectly fine with membership sites?

Don't like it, go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to fill surveys.

emigre, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  19. yoes_san

yoes_san Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd think filling out a survey to get a content is fair.

But I doubt the payer for the survey will happy with that?

yoes_san, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  20. Chestler

Chestler Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. incentivized offers are only promoted through em, i think :) well if itsnt then they wont be. ethics, lol

Chestler, Feb 2, 2010 IP