1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do DP members really know how to build links?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by chowbow, Jan 23, 2010.

From what I've seen, my short answer is NO

After posting a message for webmaster in the services section to offer quality links, i receive over 100 messages offering links
    - to stupid little wordpress sites
    - with posts that have 3 - 4 links on all of them
    - have generic headers with a stupid weight loss apple or some generic people smiling
    - have domains that mean absolutely nothing eg egyptisafork.com and have content about something completely different.

Do these people who think they're offering "services" know anything about building quality sites? Know anything about SEO.

Anyone else frustrated by idiots offering $100 permanent links on free blogspot sites that were setup yesterday??
    :eek:

chowbow, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  2. chowbow

chowbow Peon

Best Answers:
    and how on earth do they even get "positive" itraders...

chowbow, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  3. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One would find all kinds of people... everywhere, but that does not mean genuine people who know their business well... do not exist!

Be patient and keep trying to locate the real ones and I am sure you would find lot many of them too! :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Just build the links yourself
    ps. bumping a thread 2 mins after your post will get you an infraction ;)

Brandon Sheley, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  5. techno primer

techno primer Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, most members are not as knowledgeable as you when it comes to SEO and link building. Try to be patient hence they are not an expert on this field as you are...

techno primer, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    akki313 likes this.
  6. mhuy2x

mhuy2x Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe there are a hundreds of DP members who actually know how to build links but there are thousands of DP members who thinks they know how to build links but the truth is they don't even know the concept link building.

mhuy2x, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  7. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nobody have to have a degree on these stuffs to claim as an expert.

i am sure there are some people quite good here.

webcosmo, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  8. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, they are not all idiots on here. You need to have some patience and do some research on anyone and everyone that offers any type of service to you. Or you can search the net and this particular forum, along with others, and figure out how to build backlinks yourself.

A lot of people here are just trying to make a quick dollar or $2 or $10 or $20, but others here, like myself, are trying to help people like you in their online ventures. Whether it be building backlinks, code, html, software, marketing and so-on.

Again, have some patience and ask around, you will find the right person/business here trying to "help" you rather than just trying to get you to give them money.

GuruCreation, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  9. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did i mention I can offer you a link on isjasdfoij398.info (a brand new, authority site) for only $199...currently PR0 but expected PR9 on next update... :D

[awaiting an infraction from mods for my lame attempt at a joke]

SEOguy101, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    jitendraag likes this.
  10. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I sincerely believe some old members around here are experts and they do have a broad knowledge on what they do, be it coding or marketing. I am not sure about newer members though but I'd hope some are good too...some are not so good and some are silly ;)

alistair80, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  11. chowbow

chowbow Peon

Best Answers:
    If you get penalized by DP admins, they have plenty more members to go through, cause thats not far off the silly pm's i get

chowbow, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  12. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No we don't. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE I GET YOUR IP ADDRESS AND SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR!

You dare to come to the most active webmaster forum in the world and insult us?

MarketExpert, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  13. sunilmamo

sunilmamo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're right, but you must be aware that when a big company or government issues tender for projects they receive lot of bids from various kind of business persons and government have to choose the best, not only by seeing low pricing but they also have to consider reputation.

so dealing at dp is very much same.

sunilmamo, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  14. badar1653

badar1653 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure there are far more experts than newbies here on dp. Many people have entered as newbie and became expert from this very platform. So, don't worry keep searching for good resource.

badar1653, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  15. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, you get what you pay for. So if you want a PR6 link for $100, it's going to be a drop-catch domain. Otherwise, you're looking to pay several times that amount for a genuine PR6 link.

These cheap links do have some value but a lot of these links end up being devalued by Google because they are easily identifiable as paid links (blogroll full of unrelated sites, every post looks like a paid post etc.)

simpseo, Jan 25, 2010 IP
    kojakfilth likes this.
  16. PromoTom

PromoTom Peon

Best Answers:
    imo
    find a way to do it yourself. document it very well, very clearly, step by step. screen shots images etc etc

then out source it.

and btw you can find pr6 back links that are auto approved if you spend some time looking around.

PromoTom, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  17. herwin

herwin Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there are a lot DP members who do know how to build links. You just didn't saw the right links! But you also can try to build the links yourself.

herwin, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  18. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I feel the same way about people with 10 posts selling their sigs...
    Buying sig links? Read this first!

And while the link above is for sig sales, it can easily be used to pick better blog links...

They get them from others trying to promote their link selling blogs and spammers trying to rank.

DP is NOT allone in it's crappy offers for link sales, and those that know what they are looking for have no real choice but to rummage through the chaff to get to the wheat.

I've tried pushing a site through fly-by-night blogs and didn't get nearly as far as a single well placed link on a higher quality site... so to answer the question do DP know how to build links?

Well, some of them certainly do ;) :D

Qryztufre, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  19. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of us on DP who do know how to build links. But we are busy improving our own websites and have no time to get involved in building links to other people's websites.

Jim4767, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  20. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of people on DP that know how to build links but they are not going to run around spamming threads or making ads for $5.

If people are good they are doing seo on their own sites and making $$$$ off of them or they are getting paid well and do not have to spam forums looking for $5 or $10.

Good links are hard to get and if many people find out about them they get spammed out and ruined. Like anything that is good it takes research and time to find or you can pay someone that has already done the research and time. People that have invested years of study are not going to sell their time for $5-$20. That will buy you some worthless directory links that fade away like paper garbage in the wind.

averyz, Jan 25, 2010 IP