1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 5 reasons why Forums make money - Create your own forum!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Lalamaple, Jan 23, 2010.

Hey everyone, here are my own top 5 reasons why forums will always make money, and why you should make your own forum!

Reason # 1 - Forums are a great place for traffic, and automated traffic. Whenever your forum members create a thread, it takes that into account into SEO. The bigger your forum, the more traffic you will receive and the more exposure within the search engines you will get!

Reason # 2 - Forums bring alot of good quality content. Whether it's an internet marketing forum, or a weight loss forum, you will always find good content within these forums. It's to help bring out the general message and expound on it.

Reason # 3 - Forums can be either private, or public. The good thing about paid forums are that you can share information and it won't get too saturated. The bad thing about forums being public, is that no one really would know about what you have to share, but the ones who do will really benefit from it.

Reason # 4 - Your readers will know you well, and respect your forum and yourself. Being an administrator on a couple of forums, I know how your members will react when you speak about a certain subject.

Reason # 5 - Forums bring in alot of demand. There are alot of forums out there that don't have much content, but the ones that do will bring in alot of demand from your members.

The only downside with creating a forum, is the hard work and labor that you will need to put into creating a successful forum. You will need to work your butt off to really make your forum take off. It's all in the mindset of how you promote your forum that will make or break your success. I hope you digitalpoint members liked this post, and you will be seeing more in the near future ;)

::EDIT:: I actually wrote a blog post about forum marketing here : http://www.blackhatguide.net/internet-forum-marketing-riches-101 I forgot all about this ;)

Lalamaple, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  2. JMDomains

JMDomains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have recently started a forum, It has 6 members, 19 threads and 49 posts.

How can I better this? I have submitted it to 250+ search engines, 100+ free directories and I'm still receiving hardly any traffic.

If someone can mentor me, or give me a hand, please pm.

JMDomains, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  3. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    49 posts won't get you anywhere ... I would say you need at least 1-2k posts to start seeing some real results.

4. JMDomains

Best Answers:
    Im trying every avenue I can think of, but it just doesnt seem to giving me any results.

5. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    For this site here : http://www.theseriesboard.com/

I would add more posts, more categories, and an incentive for members to want to post something on there. Think outside the box =] See how other forums are prospering, and apply that within your own forum.

6. JMDomains

Best Answers:
    Whta could I use as an incentive?

7. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    For example, on SMF there's a plugin in which you can use to limit guest views. So if you have something on your forum that has good content, it will limit their views until they register. Check it out! I'm not sure if they have one for PHPbb

8. JMDomains

Best Answers:
    I have a SEO plugin installed on my forum, but it doesnt seem to be doing anything.

Does anyone own a successful forum, that could help me 1 to 1?

9. InvestInPixels

InvestInPixels Member

Best Answers:
    I own a forum too, we've got 20 members and 69 posts so it's slowly building up...very slowly! :(.

Oh well, thanks for the post and the incentive to do well!

InvestInPixels, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  10. freetradesmen

freetradesmen Peon

Best Answers:
    gonna be starting my forum soon thanks for this thread :)

freetradesmen, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  11. YugoSlavac

YugoSlavac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a couple of forums that I've had the opportunity of becoming an administrator for. It's not easy work considering the fact that there's a lot of posts, banning users, check IP's. It's definitely worth it if you're making BIG money.

YugoSlavac, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  12. emsplanet

emsplanet Peon

Best Answers:
    Nowadays there are also very hard to get users who really want to contribute of such forum

emsplanet, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  13. Black Fire

Black Fire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Black Fire, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    Lalamaple likes this.
  14. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, just think outside the box!!!! You see what I mean by creating this thread?

1) I gave you all quality content ... or at least something to look upon

2) I have gained some interest with you all

3) I have made you guys want to post on this thread

It's really simple! just give your forum members some quality content, and give them an incentive to be a part of your community! Make sure to check this out for more information : http://www.blackhatguide.net/internet-forum-marketing-riches-101

Also, if you think this is good! You guys would definitely love the kind of stuff we have on the BlackhatGuide membership forums in terms of proven money making methods. =]

15. phorum

phorum Peon

Best Answers:
    Your reasons hardly explain why a forum makes money.
    You're not going to get traffic just because a member creates a thread. Unless your forum is EXTREMELY HUGE, threads that are created will rank very low in search engines.

So how does this relate to making money? Forums with quality content won't earn you money. You have to drive traffic to it yourself. You'll then have to monetize that traffic your own personal way.

I can hardly see people paying to be on a forum unless it's a well-established forum with lots of positive reputation.
    So how do you make money from a forum from this?
    There are MANY forums out there that have LOADS of content. There's pretty much one big top dog for every niche already.

phorum, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  16. mrthe9th

mrthe9th Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seem good to start it, but it's work hard with my another blog :D

mrthe9th, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  17. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily, there are some niches out there that have micro forums and members who are willing to pay good money for the content within them.

Lalamaple, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  18. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums take a LONG time to build up. It's a snowball effect. The ball will start small and once it starts getting bigger it's only going to get bigger and bigger. The effect will generally work if you keep your forum up to date, change the theme every once in a while and have another income for it, such as a blog. That way, people can find out about the forum by reading your blog. They might say "Wow cool article. Oh look they have a forum. I think I will join!"

mezner, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  19. LetsMakeMoney55

LetsMakeMoney55 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think forums are only good once you've built up a "cult-like" following

LetsMakeMoney55, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  20. Cornholio

Cornholio Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. This post gave me some info about starting my own.

Cornholio, Jan 26, 2010 IP