1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review: DoLoop.com - Website Analyzer Tool

Discussion in 'Websites' started by metros, Jan 23, 2010.

Hi,

I've created a nice tool that should help us (The webmasters) a bit more.

Link: Do Loop

Do Loop - We are a web analyzer service that provide wide range of data information about any website for free. We provide website statistics in connection with core traffic, Social reach, Useful graphs, Handful resources & Worth estimations that can be convert into business model revenues. Right now we use about 18 open API sources to gather information, We store 168,102,794 records in our databases and growing. Our goal is to let Webmasters & Visitors parallelly to understand the web a bit better.

I'll be glad to get some feedback's :p

metros, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    Gnoc likes this.
  2. kaioken89

kaioken89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice, I really like this website. The information loads as you go, the only thing i would suggest now is a favicon.

kaioken89, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    metros likes this.
  3. Pros

Pros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would put a bit more into the header on the statistics page, such as links to other areas or even a "Check another {textarea here} {submitbutton here}. This will help balance out the plethora of adSense on there, which right now is making it look unnatural.

Although I like the optimism of your Site Value tool, I think it's a bit overdone. Have you heard of estibot.com? It also overvalues, but you may be able to learn from it.

I'd also suggest not parsing www. into the capitals, it currently displays Www.checkw.com, where the W is capital, but the actual site name is not. I would personally not include capitals at all.

In "Characters" I would change it to be instead of "X characters", "X Characters ([X-Yn] +Y)" where Y is the extension and Yn is the numerical value of its characters.

I agree with the favicon idea, but while you're there, I would change the site name to something more relevant and brandable/easy to remember. I know I will forget the name of your site in a week if I wanted to use it.

If a domain name has hyphens or numbers in it, the script will not search for it.

On the domain results page, I would change "Dashes/Numbers" to "Hyphens/Numbers" and (since i cannot search, I don't know how it currently displays) change its output instead of Y/N to Hyphens/Numbers/Both/No.

For your "Dictionary" feature, I would make it into a search within the domain name, where it searches HOW MANY dictionary words there are in the domain, after if the whole domain is a dictionary word. If it's entirely a dictionary word, it would just say Yes. If it's got part words in it (that check would be disabled if it qualified for being a dictionary word) it would have a number that is clickable to expand into a list of what they are.

I'd also make the loading icons a bit less intrusive (downplay how bold they are), as it doesn't fit in with your theme very well - that being said, they should stand out a bit, just not so much.

In general, good tool, very nice potential, keep ontop of improving, optimizing, and monetizing it!

Pros, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    metros likes this.
  4. sneijder10

sneijder10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Simple design and the information in the website are to the point. Success for you.

sneijder10, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    metros likes this.
  5. rdthewall

rdthewall Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice analysis tools you have used.I think that the layout is not very attractive and can be improved.

rdthewall, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  6. Gnoc

Gnoc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good site on a very interesting topic , Site is well designed and all the integrated tools are working fine , I have checked it for my site . This site will surely help webmasters a lot .

Thanks metros for providing us such a wonderful platform for analyzing website worth ! Just bookmarked , best of Luck !!

BR//Gnoc

Gnoc, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    metros likes this.
  7. Vagobunny

Vagobunny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seems fantastic. I think you could use a little more obvious entry to the tool though. An icon, some obvious text. Have the same issue as above with the Www parsing. Great tool. Thanks.

Vagobunny, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  8. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the review.

You mean favicon for the site it self or per domain? :p

metros, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  9. videomike

videomike Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Metros

I like the idea of your site.
    I tested it with my site and it says I am making money with adsense - that is right but actually my main earner is clickbank this has not been detected. Maybe because I use redirect to my affilate links. If you aim to detect clickbank links you should try to follow links on the page and look for 301 redirects...

Mike

videomike, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  10. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks smooth, very tidy, could do with a better logo and a bit more going on, looks very bland

Jasonb, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  11. Web Dev

Web Dev Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a nice tool.

I like the work you put into it, thanks for create it...

Web Dev, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  12. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a pro review!

I will take few of your points for sure, Thanks :)

metros, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  13. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's the idea, Simple and informative :)

metros, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  14. tommygunzz

tommygunzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Simple and informative.

I do agree with the fellow above though that the loading icons could be toned down just a bit. It is really IN YOUR FACE, you know.

Also, maybe add a little more from a navigation perspective.

Last but not least...how come my site is not listed geez!! :):) Just Kidding!

tommygunzz, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  15. calummacd

calummacd Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice site, simple and useful (all the best ones are, i.e. google). well done 10 / 10

calummacd, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  16. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The home page layout or all?

metros, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  17. thtarcman

thtarcman Peon

Best Answers:
    Great site! I love the graphs you have and the reviews system you've created. The technical information is an interesting section too.

thtarcman, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  18. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Gnoc, Cheers :)

metros, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  19. kasimi

kasimi Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tool For webmasters

kasimi, Feb 21, 2010 IP