1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips for a Skyrocketing CTR (Click Through Rate)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by wanksta22, Jan 22, 2010.

I've noticed that on this forum a lot of people wonder why they are getting XXXX amount of visitors and still making so little money.

Well the adsense formula is not just Traffic but CTR and CPC as Well.

Below I will outline how to increase your CTR to the 8-10% which is extremely good for adsense.

So you have to remember the key to a good CTR is to entice the USER to click the ad after they have gotten their "beak wet" a bit with the content. Now users tend not to click spammed up sites with ad blocks everywhere so.....

1. the first tip is to only have one block (I usually use the 336x280 ad) One ad is more than enough and will do you better than a spammed up site with many blocks.

2. Give the user good content but keep them wanting a bit more (if they want a bit more they are more than likely to click ur ads which are related)

3. Placement - The best place to put ur ad in all my testing is directly under your title after putting maybe 1-2 lines of content, but before the main paragraph of content. This is hands down the most effective area to place an ad.

So TITLE
    1-2 lines of content
    Ad BLOCK
    Rest of content

4. Make the background colour of your ad block the same as the page. This allows the ad to blend with the page.

5. Make the colour of the links, the same colour as the links on your page. Again this is so your ad blends into your page.

6. Use a very simple/clean theme. Fancy themes may look great but trust me they have shit CTR. The Cleaner and less cluttered your theme the better.

These tips will make your CTR explode and if you are targeting KW that pay well and can push traffic, this should help you reach all of your income goals.

Goodnight and Goodluck!

wanksta22, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  2. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This might vary. I've noticed the standard Adsense blue titles do very well.

Lex350, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  3. APD Shinjo

APD Shinjo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've always considered that, but I don't know. Seems like in the end it would be the same results. For example:

10 Click on a 1 Ad block site = $1 per click / 1k Impressions
    10 Clicks on 3 Ad block site = $0.33 per click / 1k impressions on each Ad

Then again, I could have my math completely wrong. If so, please correct me.

I think I confused myself. My point is, wouldn't the impressions of the other ads pretty much make up for the lower cost per click?

APD Shinjo, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  4. wanksta22

wanksta22 Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree thats why I make my links on the page the same colour.:)

@ADP SHINJO

I think you will actually see much fewer clicks in the 3 ad example. In your example you assume both will give you 10 clicks which is not the case.

wanksta22, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  5. APD Shinjo

APD Shinjo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ahh that's true. Didn't put that into my little calculations. Probably wouldn't be as many clicks with a site with ads all over the place

APD Shinjo, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  6. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Too much of blending can be problem. Clearly distinguish

TheVccMatey, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    christoph likes this.
  7. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    Standard adsense is the best and top earners according to internet marketers who runs thousands of niche micro sites...

Titing Kabayo, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  8. hawashp

hawashp Peon

Best Answers:
    I advise to ad unit 180 200 on top left with red test text for units white background
    which gives ad unit title similar to the theme of your page title
    I got high number of hits to this unit
    Put ads between content with red color for text

hawashp, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  9. wanksta22

wanksta22 Member

Best Answers:
    Well I run hundreds of micro niche sites and I can tell you it totally depends. But for the most part the more your ad blends into your site the better( as long as ur not breaking the TOS)

wanksta22, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  10. YugoSlavac

YugoSlavac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the colors are the same, that'll definitely make your CTR higher. You're going to have a better chance of getting clicks if they're the same colors. So, yes, rule 5 is a good one.

Thanks for the tips!

YugoSlavac, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  11. wanksta22

wanksta22 Member

Best Answers:
    NP Yugoslavic, and yes the reason it helps boost your CTR is that users "think" your ad is actually part of the site. This is still dancing within googles TOS though so dont worry.

wanksta22, Jan 23, 2010 IP