1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats a "safe" CTR, and what are some other "baskets"???

Discussion in 'General Business' started by itsall3, Aug 29, 2006.

Alright guys,

Two questions really,

1. What is a safe click through rate before google gets suspicious and bans your account?

I've not done anything againest the rules, just moved some ads, and my CTR has gone from 1% to 5% -- same uniques, same everything, just dont want google to think i'm doing somthing wrong seen as you dont get to explain yourself. So what is safe? 5%? 10%? what???

Next Question...

2. I'm always seeing this: "dont keep all your eggs in one basket"

Trouble is, for me, all the other "baskets" i've tried are usless.

i changed from adsense to another PPC company, and i dropped loads, down from a few quid, to nothing.

Maybe the people who say this dont mean just other PPC ads, maybe they mean affiliates (which i havent tried), do any of these work out as profitable as adsense?

Thanks for any help guys.

Regards.

itsall3, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  2. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There really isn't anything defined as a safe or normal "CTR"... What you can and what everybody does is try to increase it ( legally, though):) A sudden spike ( a reasonably large one) can get G suspicious, but as long as you have evidence to back yourself and you aren't doing anythign wrong, you have nothing to be worried about... CTR also depends on the type of site ( niche, content..etc..etc)

As for affliates, some guys do make decent cash outta them...it basically depends on how well chaps like your site....Some of the PPC give really low rates per click in comparison to Yahoo and Adsense and once you start with the big two, and then migrate to the smaller ones ( although I see no reason to do that),it can get pretty depressing at times...

gr8liverpoolfan, Aug 29, 2006 IP
    itsall3 likes this.
  3. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers man,

I carnt wait for yahoo to start letting people in the uk try there service.

Thanks for your reply.

itsall3, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  4. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a) A well designed site could easily have 25-60% CTR
    b) this refers to search engines. If you are ranked well and your site disappears.. there goes your earnings down the drain. :mad: So develop many outlets. :)

James.

Solicitors Mortgages, Aug 30, 2006 IP