1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I won 750,000.00 GBP in Shell International Mobile Anniversary Awards,Really????

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by incrediblenitin786, Jan 20, 2010.

Hi friends days ago got a sms on my mobile that I have won 750,000.00 GBP in Shell International Mobile Anniversary Awards promotion,to claim reply to this mail...............

When I send them an email then they reply n said give your personal information to get your prize o.k. I did it then they reply with this mail:-

Dear Mr. Nitin ,

This is to acknowledge the receipt of the requested data and the confirmation of your reliability in the 142nd Shell International Mobile Anniversary Awards promotion. We are hereby to inform you that we have processed your payment and your winning prize of (£ 750,000.00) from Shell International Mobile Anniversary awards, a for-profit philanthropic wing of Shell International Mobile UK which was organized & drawn through a computer ballot system from a combination of different SMS directories around the globe is ready for disbursement.

In this regard you are to choose from the options below that best suite you on how you wish to receive your winning prize, your fund deposited here with us is not in a liquid form but in cheque form. This advice complies with the Anti-Fraud section 2, sub-section (IV) of the procedural manual of the funds disbursement agreement existing between courier companies and the British Government.

The options to receive your winning are:

(1). This is In consonance with our policy in this regard, be advised that if your option for your winning prize to be couriered, However, we exempts our self from all liability related to this service, you have to pay for the courier fee before delivery to you. And you will be required to present a valid International Passport or Driving License as proof of Identification among other document which will be required by the courier company, if you choose this option.

(2).If you decide to use online banking process, you have to pay for activation charges, which will cost you (600 pounds). I advice you to use the couriers option, that will be cheaper, always keep me informed on any development. that is to say if your option for courier service, you are to notify this office that we may forward your prize and your winning information per your request to courier to your location .Below are their contacts;

COURIERNETLITE LTD
    EMAIL ADDRESS:.........................
    TELEPHONE : ..........................
    FAX NUMBER:.....................

Note that your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the winning prize until it's been remitted to you. This means that the above charges can not be deducted from the prize and hence must be provided by the winner before your prize is delivered to you.

Can someone tell me it is a scam or true?:eek:

incrediblenitin786, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  2. hydseo

hydseo Peon

Best Answers:
    dude..
    i don't why people fall in this type of scams

it is type of scams are usually done by Nigerians .. please don't fall into that type scams,they will rip you off

Good luck :)

hydseo, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  3. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    scam +identity theft attempt, as a quick google search will show, but feel free to send them the £600 if you want.

vagrant, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  4. Safetyfirst

Safetyfirst Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol its a clear scam , how can you win such a big amount without doing anything , don't fall for such things.

Safetyfirst, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  5. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Its SCAM. Just stay out of it :rolleyes:

DON.

deluxdon, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  6. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any company offering to give you a large sum of money upon the reciept of payment for transfer is blatantly a scam. I mean who in the right mind is going to pay £600 for "bank charges" when the charges can quite obviously be taken out of the prize money.

Grit., Jan 20, 2010 IP
  7. Dhaval1983

Dhaval1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    100% scam. Do not trust such messages

Dhaval1983, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  8. Snake Blisken

Snake Blisken Peon

Best Answers:
    Why even post this, you knew it was a scam. DO you really think that if you won you would take the time to come here and tell us about it!!!!

Snake Blisken, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  9. boomer_mitra

boomer_mitra Active Member

Best Answers:
    I too got such mail. It is a scam

boomer_mitra, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  10. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    How could you possibly fall for this, it is your stereotypical email scam -the sort people joke about these days.

pr0xy122, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  11. incrediblenitin786

incrediblenitin786 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for such a wonderful advise, if I don't post this issue on DP then I'll definately send them my id proof and money. Thanks once again.

12. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    typical scam, once my uncle fell into this trap, he got a mail from Germany, don't remember the city name though, he got a mail, he was selected in some lucky draw he participated, actually he did take part in one their mentioned company deal a week ago, so he assumed the case to be true. I warned him repeatedly but he was in no mood to listen, he wrote them back mail, then he got a reply after few days to send the details via fax, he did that too, again after 2 days he was contacted both my mail and phone that, he had to deposit $150k in advance as a data proof - " wtf!!! What data proof and for that you need $150k :eek:" (my feelings at that moment)
    The sum which he was promised to gain was around $350k, so he was actually confused on how to proceed, so he turned up to me for my suggestion (first time since he got this mail, even after my earlier warnings he proceeded, now he wants a suggestion.. hmmmm.... ). I was glad at least he asked me before he had sent payment, I just told him - don't fall into ugly trap and don't expect either govt. to help you, if you are cheated.

He actually listened to me for the first time :eek: :D
    After a week with my contacts I had reached some of my friend's contacts in Germany, researched if there was any such branch and office at the address provided in the mail. The result was a perfect scam, it was an empty piece of land - with ground for sale board (provided address)
    This just confirmed in my thoughts, that these companies are nothing more than a bunch of scam'ers trying to earn easy bucks cheating people

so my final advice don't fall into scam and later look awkward crying out for help

masterrio, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  13. earnincome

earnincome Peon

Best Answers:
    It is scam. Because how can you think that you will get money for free without doing any work. Its the scammers trick to trap you. So Be Aware.

earnincome, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  14. mrockz619

mrockz619 Peon

Best Answers:
    ofcourse scam , u think some1 who is gving 750.000.00 GBP for free cant just pay ur courier fees??

never reply to these mail ever.

mrockz619, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  15. incrediblenitin786

incrediblenitin786 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys Now I have understand about the world of scams, if someone has similar experience
    Pls. Post here, I want to know more.

Hey guys now they send me winner certificate, what the f....

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  16. hydseo

hydseo Peon

Best Answers:
    i receive mail like this every day in my spam box more than 3 spam mail like this .. just ignore them

Good luck :)

hydseo, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  17. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Don isn't telling u the truth, he too won the same lottery. He doesn't wanna share the prize money.. :D:D

humm, Jan 20, 2010 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  18. orbofdarkness

orbofdarkness Peon

Best Answers:
    The Amount Says It All..Utterly...Butterly Scam....:p..TC..Peace Out.

Orb.

orbofdarkness, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  19. smithy2000

smithy2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not reply to any more emails from them and put their email address in the Spam folder, thats the right place for them.....Ignore them and do not waste your time, if it's too good to be true, it properly is..

smithy2000, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  20. Moses8595

Moses8595 Peon

Best Answers:
    No dount,is a scam..There ren't NO such thing as free lunch...

Moses8595, Jan 20, 2010 IP