1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

too many 404 errors help me

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dheeraj4uuu, Jan 20, 2010.

Hello,

I have a vbulletin forum and i usually delete old posts. and this leads too many 404 notfound errors in my google webmasters and thus resulting lose in serp position. Although i use vbseo's redirect to homepage option it is not working for url's having thread id in it..is there anything that i can solve the problem.??

For deleted threads iam getting the following message
    No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Code (markup):
    instead of redirecting to homepage...

I have total 85110 not found urls present in my google's webmasters central is there anyway i can avoid that problem...I know i cant manually remove those many urls from index...

dheeraj4uuu, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah you can. IN Google Webmaster Tools go to: site confguration > Crawler Access > Remove URL

Big task to remove 85110 urls though.

Why are you deleting forum posts anyway?

cormac, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  3. testingwhiz

testingwhiz Peon

Best Answers:
    I know only one by one deleting through Google Webmaster Tools by Remove URL, if any body know how to delete bulk Remove URLs.

testingwhiz, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  4. Media Marketing

Media Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i agree with you

Media Marketing, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  5. dheeraj4uuu

dheeraj4uuu Member

Best Answers:
    too many old posts not useful so iam deleting them...but this causes me a 404 error for the deleted pages..is there anyway i can 301 redirect as it is effecting my serp's...please help me

dheeraj4uuu, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  6. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of removing them, why don't you redirect all visitors from those pages to the homepage of your forum?

Trapped, Jan 23, 2010 IP