1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress, blogspot, and myspace

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Skid, Jan 7, 2010.

Is their away to set up an autoblog using wordpress or blogger, with content off of myspace?

Skid, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  2. Skid

Skid Peon

Best Answers:
    Is their anybody that would know if it is possible....

Skid, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  3. TmasterMind

TmasterMind Peon

Best Answers:
    I've learned from a tutorial that in order to activate autoblogging in Blogger, you'll have to use the RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds to populate content to a Google Blogger Blog. By doing this, you definitely have to log in to your Blogger account and make changes in the settings. So go to Settings - Email/Mobile then to Posting Options. You'll have to set your email up to have the contents populated so for the domain in it, say for example you'll name it Skid.<Secret word>.Blogspot.com. That Secret word can be anything you want, but it must be entered to make this work. Next thing is to ensure that the radio button underneath is ticked on "Publish immediately". Lastly, find some topics that you would like to show on your blog. The recommended free method to auto feed Blogger blogs is FeedMyInbox.com.

Additionally, although this appears to be just simple, remember that the URL field is not where you put you blogs address. Please find a website that has its RSS feed on the topic that would also go under your niche as well. Enter the website address and the software will find the feed for you, or you can enter the RSS feed. Once you've done that, go to your Blogger account again and view your blog. You'll have to confirm the feeds by clicking on the links on your blog and you're all set. It can be healthy though to have at most 20 posts a day in one Blogger account while exceeding to that limit can lead to spam. I hope that helps.

TmasterMind, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lot of people do it with wordpress. There are plugins available to post from rss.

webcosmo, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  5. DigitalChuck

DigitalChuck Peon

Best Answers:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the OP wants to "set up an autoblog using wordpress or blogger, with content off of myspace?"

Not trying to jack the thread - but this would be a great benefit to me as well as many others including the OP.

Is there a link you can provide or some reference to the plugins that will allow a user to scrape content from MySpace to a WordPress Blog?

Thanks

DigitalChuck, Jan 18, 2010 IP