1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recently Lost My Cat, Vet Story!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xtek, Jan 16, 2010.

I recently posted a craigslist ad, informing users in the community that my cat went missing. Approx 5-days later I get a call from a lady on craigslist that she has spotted my cat on petfinder.com and that someone has picked her up and took her to the vet.

My cat was hit by a car, and slowly limped more than likely to a citgo gas station and hid under a car shivering. I spoke with a person who works at the vet, I'm going to cut it short. I basically told her I am glad she is alive she replied "*chuckle* barely" Who honestly would chuckle and say barely? I told her that wasn't funny and I would be there at 9am tomorrow. She also said there were costs involved.

So DP what would you do? How would you feel, knowing this cat sparks up your childs life when she see's it, one cat that follows you and wants to jump on your lap to work with you online :) ? Shes my partner in crime online.

xtek, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  2. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As a kittyluver, I can advice that go and get that kitty at any cost because it is your online partner.

kittyluver, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  3. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pay the damn cost. It's unacceptable to abandon it and if I were in charge it would be a highly punished crime.

As for the vet maybe they laughed because of something else, hopefully it recovers. Really sad story but hopefully it has a good ending. Now go pick up your cat!

Slincon, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  4. Graham Scarisbrick

Graham Scarisbrick Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go and pay the costs and ask to speak to the vet and ask them to explain why they had chuckled.

Good luck and let us all know how you got on.

Graham.

Graham Scarisbrick, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  5. XTR3M3 XPL01T3R

XTR3M3 XPL01T3R Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed with above guys. Go there and pay the costs

XTR3M3 XPL01T3R, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  6. Tj John

Tj John Peon

Best Answers:
    IF I'm your position.. I would just payed them... since they desire it....

Tj John, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  7. xtek

xtek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the responses, you guys must be koo-koo if you think I wouldn't pick up my OWN cat!

If you guys are interested in learning more about my cat, my fiancee posted a link to the story on her blog. Beware there are pictures of my partner and some maybe gruesome.

I'm going in today actually for another visit and to talk about payment and consideration. More information will be released later, just need to wait for now. Click here for a video and website

xtek, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  8. xtek

xtek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry for a double post, I am going to be fundraising and I am going to need some advice. I want to take this as far as I can to receive as much help as possible. Money can be tight at times, so I know many people can't donate. I have been researching and thinking of everything possible, so a second way to help would be to do surveys. The problem is im not sure for many companies can anyone recommend some? I read about CPAlead but anyone have any input on them?

xtek, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  9. JMel

JMel Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^^ This, except not at "any" cost. If they try to charge you something astronomical, try to talk them down, otherwise if I were in that position I would refuse. I wouldn't go broke for a pet and make family suffer.

JMel, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  10. xtek

xtek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice guys, I am going to keep everyone posted. Don't want to throw DP into thinking I want donations. But if your interested in viewing the status of my cat you can view her blog here

xtek, Jan 18, 2010 IP