1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just a little tip for anybody new

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by CLS1321, Jan 16, 2010.

I just felt like sharing this because while it is an obvious tip, it is also a tip I never really got when I started. If I had gotten it and listened to it I would be making a LOT of money right now.

When it comes to making websites and blogs, and making money with adsense, patience is key.

Don't make a website, spend 10 hours a day promoting it for 2 weeks, and than give up when it doesn't get on the first page of Google that you wanted it to be on, and when it isn't making you money.

When I first started I would stick to a project for a month, and get all angry when it wasn't going well. about a year later, I've realized how it's all about patience, and if I had done things right I'd be making a lot more money now than I currently am.

I write this because I used to get mad at Hubpages when I didn't get that many views after 2 months of writing quality content and doing keyword research. I logged on just now because I was trying to figure out where some of my adsense traffic was coming from, and was amazed at what I saw.

Quite a few of the hubs had a pr of 2-4 and were receiving 100+ views each per day.

Now if I hadn't given up hope, I could have written at least 200 decent Hubs, but instead I have 22. Which means basically I'm getting from 1,700 to 2,200 views for my hubs right now, when If I had stuck it out I could be getting 20,000 views for my hubs a day right now.

Also, if I hadn't given up on some of my micro niche websites I could probably have 50 + of those doing alright right now.

Basically, I earn decent right now ... but nothing too spectacular. I'm now constantly making more and more money, but I just realized tonight how if you can just get yourself to think long term, and play the waiting game, and If you can just constantly keep improving and working more and more on your content, you will do well.

Sorry for ranting, it's just something that I'm happy I finally realized and that I wanted to share.

CLS1321, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  2. anillll

anillll Peon

Best Answers:
    this is the absolute truth.....patience is the key. I too had gone through the same situation

anillll, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  3. Alexander Faust

Alexander Faust Peon

Best Answers:
    All newbies listen to this!!! Don't give up on a project too soon. It takes time for your site or hubpage to get rankings and traffic. Persistence and patience are what you need to practice ;) Keep building links, day after day and in few months results will show up.

Alexander Faust, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  4. Lukas Jackson

Lukas Jackson Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe with that. In some cases other buyer cant understand about what is the effect on making so much backlinks for your website each day.

Lukas Jackson, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  5. lxguy

lxguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You've said to the point.Patience matters in money earning.But patience isn't everything.Patience won't last long if no money.

lxguy, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  6. Alexander Faust

Alexander Faust Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do a research on a keyword and make sure all on page seo done right, you can get first clicks within 3-4 weeks which is enough to keep you motivated. Keep working on off page seo and after some time your income can increase dramatically.

Alexander Faust, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  7. hillord

hillord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the heads up. cheers for sharing this tip mate :)

hillord, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  8. shaliwahan.pati

shaliwahan.pati Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I am not a newbee. But I agree patients is the key. It took me 23 days for the first earning after adsense approval. (So the point is - be patient)
    :rolleyes:

shaliwahan.pati, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  9. craig105

craig105 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips patients is the answer adsense is not a get rich quick scheme and in most cases it will never get you rich.

craig105, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  10. CLS1321

CLS1321 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the comments. Looking back I don't see a SINGLE project I started that wouldn't be doing good now. I just see projects that I THOUGHT weren't working and gave up on.

On the web, things just take time to happen. I mean, you can't expect to take over the #1 spot for your keyword overnight.

I guess the only other tip that I would have that should be followed is when starting off on the internet DON'T HAVE THE MINDSET OF "GO BIG OR GO HOME". I think starting off, you have to start small and get better before you tackle the bigger projects and more competitive keywords.

CLS1321, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  11. badar1653

badar1653 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. And also if earning is low still something is better than nothing. So, keep trying!

badar1653, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  12. digital_joe

digital_joe Peon

Best Answers:
    Your statement is correct, but the way to make huge money via adsense is

Get one site earning $1 a day via adsense the multiply the sites x10- x100

you get 100 sites earning $1 will earn you $3,000k per month, and keep building up!

it's a long process but it works :)

digital_joe, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  13. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great advice, CLS1321. Now I guess you'll be up for many a late night getting those Hubpages together. :D

SearchBliss, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  14. CLS1321

CLS1321 Peon

Best Answers:
    haha so true.

CLS1321, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  15. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good point. It take months and month. I'm talking 3-6 months to start seeing good results unless you have money to invest in your promotion. Thanks for the info.

Lex350, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  16. Mariela

Mariela Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips! It's good to be reminded of patience as a virtue now and again! thanks :)

Mariela, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  17. BW1

BW1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many people to expect to earn straight away, get frustrated and give up. Think about it most of those sites on the first page of google are fighting to be there too! With patience and consistency you can take them off

BW1, Jan 18, 2010 IP