1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the benefits of Pages over Posts?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by CU_Designs, Jan 16, 2010.

I've noticed that some people online who use WP for their blogs are converting their posts into pages. Is there some sort of benefit to this? If so, what?

CU_Designs, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  2. ms.g

ms.g Peon

Best Answers:
    One reason I see is on the design part. There is less restriction with pages when it comes to design. If you set your single.php to have a certain design, all of your posts will have that single design. However, with pages, you can set different template design to each page you make. Say you have 100 pre-built page templates. Your 100 pages can have a custom design each.

ms.g, Jan 17, 2010 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  3. slackwarer

slackwarer Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with ms.g
    and if you have installed xml sitemap for google webmaster, there will be different result on generated sitemap between pages and post. see your sitemap for details.

slackwarer, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  4. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My apologies that I hadn't logged on for awhile. I have been busy with personal projects, work and life.

@ms.g: Well what you say does bring things into perspective. I thought maybe it had something to do with SEO. haha. I was actually playing around with the page template thing (after researching up on it) just yesterday for my personal blog and I see the benefits. It was complicated. So I just downloaded a free wordpress theme that had a page template design I liked and then copied and pasted the page into my theme and tweaked it from there. I am VERY pleased with the results. I think if I actually took the time to learn how to create my own templates from scratch that I'd be even more pleased. But I was in a rush and reading up on Wordpress.org about the coding and all is just too much for me. But anyway, thanks for your post.

@slackwarer: Is that a good thing to have different results in terms of a sitemap? Thanks for posting.

CU_Designs, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  5. jamshed_11946

jamshed_11946 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, you have to make page instead of post. e.g. you have to make a corner for contact then you can't make a post for this, you have to make a page and sometimes you are promoting your product then also you have to make a page.

jamshed_11946, Jan 26, 2010 IP