1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$40 Logo contest

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by o40oe, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Relwan

Relwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feedback please

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Relwan, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  2. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Everyone Read: Good day everyone! This contest has REALLY gotten good!!! I spoke with Ben this morning and he is very impressed with everyone. I will continue to post feedback as detailed as possible for each design but I still highly encourage you to read all the feedback and not just the fedback on your design.

First off I want to make a quick note on seperating colors in the text. You don't have to do it. We both agree that it looks good solid or two colors however if you do split it I think most are splitting it wrong right now. Please split it "Enviro" and "nomix". Does that make sense? So if you did blue and green it would be Enviro (blue), nomix (green). Please feel free to make it any combo of colors you think works but if you split it please do it that way.

Below is your feedback:

Leo Viscus: Ben really likes your design. We both really like your globe. There's just a few things that need to be changed. First off, as I mentioned above, it needs to be split as Enviro-nomix. My second concern is that the earth doesn't really look like it represents the letter "O". If I didn't know the name of the company I would probably think it was "Environ Mix". However, that being said I think if you shrunk it down or put an outline around it you might lose the cool look and feel of it. You'll have to play with it and see but if it were me I'd consider just putting the normal text "O" back in and then putting the earth in the background. Maybe have the earth right in the middle being held by two hands? And the brown roots at the bottom... He'd like those to look a bt more like vines. It can kinda look like mud right now. Unless you deside to try and replace that with hands.

Dakouten: Thanks for your submission. I like your text. I'd like the globe to look a bit more detailed like Leo's. We're not a big fan of the leaf on top of the globe.

Witty: I appreciate your effort on my feedback. We're still a little off. Please remember that I'm no designer and if what I'm asking for is rediculous then forgive me. I have no clue about what it takes to make these. All I know is usually when I can describe something good all you designers kick butt. I'm not a big fan of the leaf in the "X". I like the idea of it but not the way you have it there. Try and use the white leaf you have over the "I" instead. I think it would look okay if you sized it. And for the drop with the globe. I'm not sure what this would take but I'd like the drop to look as real as possible and then the earth to look like a reflection. Not just a picture. Does that make sense?

Dr. Designer: Ben liked the overall look. Not a fan of the graphics (aside from the text). Keep the text and ad some diff graphics. Could you put a puddle of water below the graphic with a rippled surface? And in the water you see the graphic reflection? Or if anyone else would try that I'd LOVE to see it.

Art Freak: You have the right idea with the glode but we're looking for just the United States to be highlighted and not the enitre North America. Also the globe looks blurry which is kinda odd looking. You also run into the problem of "is it an "O" or is it a globe deviding two words". I still prefer a lot of the other designes text graphics over your text. I'm not sure what the difference is?

Gipanuhotko: I like your text and you got the leaf/drop/globe idea right. There's a few suggestions I have. 1. We're kinda looking for the leaf/drop/gloabe to look as real as possible. And we want the globe to look like a reflection in water. 2. We want the design and text to sort of be one. You don't nessissarily need to use the graphic as a letter or anything but the way you have it it looks like the leaf is one design and the text is another.

Xdexter: Now that's what I'm talking about!! Much better! I have some more suggestions for you but right now you are one of the front runners. Love the text! I would like to see a different earth. I'm going to post a comment specifically about the earth after these feedback so be sure to read that okay. For your design I would lose the water drop. Just stick with the globe. I love the reflection of the text on the ground and this is exactly what I mentioned above about having a reflection of the graphic in some water. Is there a way to water underneath? I think this graphic would look really good with the text and then the globe slightly faded in the background behind "nomix".

Masjacky: Yes, I really like the version with the graphic use as a "V". Not as big on the "x". Can you do one without the water so I can see it that way too?

Relwan: Thanks for your entry but this is much too tropical for us.

o40oe, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  3. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is the type of graphic that would blow us away. I'm definitely not saying to copy this idea but the overall concept and creativity is outstanding!

[​IMG]

o40oe, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  4. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's some other basic ideas for globes. We'd really like the United States to be somehow highlighted or stand out if possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

o40oe, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  5. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And this is sort of the idea behind the reflection in water...

[​IMG]

o40oe, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  6. masjacky

masjacky Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    revised..

[​IMG]

masjacky, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  7. HerDish

HerDish Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wait for my entry please

HerDish, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  8. Xdexter

Xdexter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my revision..

[​IMG]

feed back appreciated :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
    Xdexter, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  9. Leo Viscus Astrum

Leo Viscus Astrum Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok,

I will tweak the logo now. ^_^

Leo Viscus Astrum, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  10. Leo Viscus Astrum

Leo Viscus Astrum Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Vine shot.

[​IMG]

11. DrDesigner

DrDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Revised:

[​IMG]

Feedback Appreciated.

DrD

DrDesigner, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  12. HerDish

HerDish Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my try

all in .ai

feedback very appreciated

thank you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HerDish, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  13. Xdexter

Xdexter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I added some effects :)

[​IMG]

Xdexter, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  14. Dakouten

Dakouten Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Dakouten, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  15. HerDish

HerDish Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my another idea

feedback appreciated

[​IMG]

HerDish, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  16. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Guys and Girls (maybe?) I'm really enjoying this contest! The work is outstanding and we have many unique designs to choose from. I want to say thank you again for your time! Also, I don't do what you do so I can always use feedback too if there's something I can do better. If there's anything else I can do as a CH please let me know...

Leo: Still good but just not there yet. Ben is on the road so he can't look right now. Maybe when he sees it he'll love it but for now I'm just trying to get as many ideas out there as possible so he has options to choose from. I know your original design was one of the ones he really liked. Don't forget to change the blue letters to "nomix" instead of just "mix". I'd like you to try 2 things for me if you would. 1. Look back at the apple in post #23 of this thread. You see the apple with the globe print on it? See if you can do a tree instead of an apple with your globe print where the leaves would be. Make the tree similar to this but use something of your own obviously. And then make the base of the tree brown and put it in the middle of the text behind the letters. 2. Try doing it kind of like your first try but put the globe as the first "O" and shrink it a little so it looks closer to the size of the other letters. Let's see how that looks...

[​IMG]

Masjacky: I like your design. I don't really know if I have anything else for you to change. I'll have to wait to speak with Ben. They only thing I can really say for now is that you can throw in a few different graphics in the background if you find anything "environment" related that you think would work with this logo? That would just give him more options to choose from. i wouldn't put a bunch of stuff at once but let's just say you found some mountains you thought would look good as a background. Might as well post it as an option. Just a thought. But feel free to leave it as is if you'd like.

DrDesigner: I like your two designs. I would just eliminate the tear drop around the globe. Lose the drop and then space around the globe like the space between the text. I think this one would look cool with the tree in the background also. Look at my feedback for Leo.

HerDish: Welcome to the contest. Your first design is so so. The second design is really elegant and professional looking! It's really weird because it looks so simple but yet for me it just pops. I'd like to see the globe in the first graphic made a little bigger and faded to about 50-75% transparency. Then put it behind the text in your second graphic. So the edge of the glob would go from about the 3rd letter (V) to the 3rd to last letter (M).

Xdexter: You've done everything I've asked and you've been great! I'm not sure that I dig the water but it has nothing to do with your design. I just think it looked better in my head than it translates to in a logo. Try ditching the water all together. Make the globe full again and leave it off to the right like it is but bring it down to center it vertically. And I'd like to see you bring the globe to about 60-75% transparency. You could also try the tree if you want to give it a whirl.

Dakouten: Give me a minute. I want to make an image to give you an idea of what I'd like to see. I'll post it in a few okay...

o40oe, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  17. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Dakouten: I've attached a REALLY bad version of what I was thinking after seeing your design. Forget your globe and leaf. I was looking at the shadow or reflection under the globe and it reminded me of a river. I really like the look. I was thinking you could make it into a river that runs down the middle. Keep it wavy on the edges like it is now but have the top start just a bit to the right and flow a bit to the left so the words and be offset like in my sample. However keep it at the angle like you have it where it's coming out at you and not straight down. Then on the horizon put a nice looking tree graphic.

Attached Files:

o40oe, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  18. Leo Viscus Astrum

Leo Viscus Astrum Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can't find a way to put a globe in a tree, the tree silhouette when applied by a gradient looks awful. >.<

Here is your 2nd option:
    Added some vines instead of straight lines.
    and shrinked a little.

[​IMG]

19. Dakouten

Dakouten Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for your detailed feedback. Will work on it after 4 hours. I have to get a sleep.

Dakouten, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  20. masjacky

masjacky Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    let's see if i put it here...

[​IMG]

masjacky, Jan 16, 2010 IP