1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any good tutorials: Multilevel flyout navigation w/ Pure CSS + browser compatible

Discussion in 'CSS' started by adsensenewb, Jan 16, 2010.

All of the comprehensive tutorials that I've managed to find on multilevel/flyout navigation revolve around the basic suckerfish model which uses the :hover, which is not supporter in IE6 and earlier. The tutorials that I've seen all talk about using Javascript to compensate for this.

While I'm not worried about designing... and certainly not compromising my design for the small percentage.... 20% of people still use IE6, and more people are disabling Javascript in their browser as they become more aware of the security benefits of doing so.

I've seen plenty of more modern articles written in 2008 & later that mention using pure CSS in a way that will be compatible with all of the common browsers, including IE6, but never found any good tutorials on this.

Can anyone provide any good links, or share the basic process of doing so?

Thanks in advance,

adsensenewb, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  2. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the lesser known, but really useful CSS commands is the text-transform command.

johagulo, Jan 16, 2010 IP
    adsensenewb likes this.
  3. adsensenewb

adsensenewb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Ill look into it

adsensenewb, Jan 16, 2010 IP