1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$40 Logo contest

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by o40oe, Jan 14, 2010.

Hi everyone, I'm posting a contest for my friends company. This companies name is "Environomix". They deal in environmental safety and everything else environment.

I will describe the initial idea he had but please feel free to be bold and come up with any ideas of your own. We will work very hard to give you quick feedback and let you know what we like.

His initial idea was to have the name "Environomix" spelled out in a catchy but professional graphic and then one of the crossing portions of the "X" would be a really cool looking leaf with some water on it. There would be a drop of water dangling from the leaf and that drop of water would have a reflection of earth. And if it's possible we'd like to have America facing out toward the viewer and maybe raised or outlined so it stands out because it's a US company.

Now having said that please remember that's just one idea and we'd be very interested to see any other concepts. Feel free to use any other graphics you can think of that represent the environment (the color green, earth, plants, etc). We're looking for "state of the art", "classy", "clean", "modern".

This contest is only for designers who accept payment via Paypal. I will post this contest for 7 days (ends Jan 21st). We retain the right to end this contest at any time during those 7 days if we find a design we'd like to choose prior to the duration of the full 7 days. If you have any questions please ask via this thread or PM me.

I truly appreciate your time and admire your work. I hope this is a fun contest for you. Good luck to all. Feel free to check my feedback as a contest holder.

o40oe, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  2. biruhato

biruhato Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my entry ;

[​IMG]

biruhato, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  3. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my Entry:

[​IMG]

momi, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  4. WittyCyberDesigners

WittyCyberDesigners Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

WittyCyberDesigners, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  5. art_freak

art_freak Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feedback appreciated... :)

Attached Files:

art_freak, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  6. Xdexter

Xdexter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
    Xdexter, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  7. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, those are some great logos so far. Very quick response! The only problem with doing this for a friend is that it takes slightly longer to get the feedback. However I will talk with him and get some feedback up as soon as possible! Thanks so much! Great looking designs so far. Detailed feedback coming soon...

o40oe, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  8. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my entry
    was too plain

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
    Chewysmom, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  9. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay, I'm waiting to speak with Ben about his feedback. He's doing some meetings today. He wanted me to give you some feedback and some ideas of my own and then later I'll post his feedback. He really has an open mind about this so I can't give you one specific idea that will jump out for him. I'll give you some ideas of what I would like to see and if you'd like to give that a shot then please do. If you want to stick with your original then that's fine too.

I think everyone will help themselves out if they read all the feedback and not just the feedback to you. This will give you a good idea of what we like and maybe spark an idea.

biruhato: Normally I'm a big fan of more bubbly letters like if you scroll down to xdexter's post and click on his samples #2, I really like allot of those designs. Especially "your bin". However that being said there's something I really like about your design. It's simple, professional, and overall nice looking. However I still think it's missing something. I think he'll be fine with the simple overall text but I have a feeling he wants some graphics that are a little more detailed to make it stand out. As I talked about in the original post I mentioned the leaf with the drop of water with the reflection of the world in it. I'm not saying you have to do that specific design but I'm sure he'd like something like a really cool looking earth with some detail to make it pop. I hope that makes sense. You did give me an idea with that underlying shadow. I was thinking it could be cool to have the drop hitting into a water of some sort with a ripple effect. Maybe that water that's rippling could have a really cool reflection of some nature or earth? Food for thought.

Momi: I like your design but for me personally I think the others are more in the ballpark of what I'd look for. I'll have to wait for Ben to tell you for sure what he thinks. I like this style they use (is it called web 2.0??). I'm not really sure?

Witty: I like your design a lot. At first glance yours was my favorite. I really like your leaves. I think your design would be a perfect fit to try and do Ben's original idea. (Looking at your green design) If you took that white leaf and narrowed it out just a bit and made it the "\" of the "X" and then had a cool drop of water running off it with the earth reflection that could look really cool. What do you think? You may need to flip the leaf over?

Art Freak: Love your user name! I really like your overall concept. Love the earth but it it's possible to make North America face the front of the design and stand out in some way that would be preferred. But I don't know how hard that would be? I like the earth and the surrounding leaves but I'm not a huge fan of the actual text. Browse through all my comments and you'll get a better feel for what I like.

Xdexter: This is sort of surprising because I'm not a big fan of this design however I REALLY like a lot of your samples in your #2 section. Specifically "Your Biin". I think if you did a txt graphic like that with a big planet earth behind it like you have the "YB" sort of half transparent behind it; you might really be on to something. I really like the multi tone, sometimes glossy stuff. The more detail and eye catching ability the better. Obviously the challenge is to make it pop without making it overly busy. That clover looking deal on "Card Critic" is really cool!

Chewysmom: Sorry my friend but this is just sort of plain for my taste. I think if you look at my above feedback you'll get a better feel for what I like.

I know it's probably kind of weird getting feedback from two people. I assure you we're fairly like minded so I don't see his feedback being very different from mine. He gave me a pretty good idea of what he wants. I will post more after we talk. Thanks for your work!

o40oe, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  10. Leo Viscus Astrum

Leo Viscus Astrum Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll give this a shot.
    Wait for my post later.

Leo Viscus Astrum, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  11. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you Leo! There's plenty of time so take your time. We appreciate your participation! Looking forward to your design!!

o40oe, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  12. Leo Viscus Astrum

Leo Viscus Astrum Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is my entry.

I just made up a tag line, in case you want to put some.

[​IMG]

Leo Viscus Astrum, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  13. Dakouten

Dakouten Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My entry. Everything made from scratch.

[​IMG]

Dakouten, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  14. WittyCyberDesigners

WittyCyberDesigners Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is edited version on your feedback :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WittyCyberDesigners, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  15. DrDesigner

DrDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My Entry

[​IMG]