1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I run a affiliate program to promote my service?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by thuankkk, Jan 15, 2010.

Hello all,

I'm running an online service, and it works well now.
    I think about running an affiliate program, but still don't know whether it's a good decision or not.
    (The aff is like CPA: credited only when referred users make payment.)

Have you ever been successful with your affiliate program?
    How much the commission should be?
    Should I payout using PayPal or reward aff with my own online service?

I'm afraid that aff makes my site looks spammy and scammy :(

Regards,
    Nguyen.

thuankkk, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  2. MoneyTopList.com

MoneyTopList.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Running your own affiliate program is great risk-free way how to promote your service. You set up the budget for the marketing, e. g. 25% of the sales amount. If you run e. g. PPC campaign, you cannot be sure that you earn back the advertising cost. With affiliate program you don't risk that.

The question about the commission rate cannot be generally answered. It depends on your niche. There are products where 1% commission is enough and products which will nobody promote unless you offer at least 50%. Keep in mind that you compete with other affiliate programs. So have a look at their commission rate and decide how much you will offer.

There is also one aspect you should think about -- the conversions. Keep in mind that affiliate program paying low commission which has high conversions is more profitable for the affiliates than program with high commission and low conversions. So you should test your website first and make sure that your conversion are good. You can easily find a lot of affiliates if you will offer high commission, but most of them will leave if your conversions will be bad.

You should offer as many payment option as possible. Paypal is not available in all countries so offer at least the paypal and cheque options. The more payment options means more potential affiliate.

MoneyTopList.com, Jan 15, 2010 IP
    thuankkk likes this.
  3. thuankkk

thuankkk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi MoneyTopList.com,

Thanks a lot for your post :)
    My conversion is good, I think :D

However, I must think carefully before set up it :)

Regards,
    Nguyen.

thuankkk, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  4. ovdemonz

ovdemonz Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to think, just start it. :)

ovdemonz, Jan 15, 2010 IP