1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$10 Press Releases

Discussion in 'Services' started by koolkid, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Bummer I missed out on the $10 >_<
    I need so much done these days but my budget has been zapped away by the evil hands of Google.

Design1, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lol Actually, those prices are pretty standard in the industry for PR professionals. If you're just a content writer with no training in media relations and how to put forth a solid angle and strong pitch, 500 words is probably just 500 words. Then again, I shouldn't complain. I probably get nearly as many clients who hire me to "fix" releases they thought they'd just buy cheap from copywriters, as I do new ones.

I've been running a ridiculously low special on DP over the summer (still more expensive than your rates - EDIT: your past ones at least... just saw that you upped them a bit), and honestly, as much as I love writing them, I'm glad the rates are going back up soon. The reason I did it was to use the releases not as a revenue stream, but as a marketing tactic to break into a new market, and it's done so very effectively. But every one I've written has actually cost me money, rather than made it, comparing the time put in w/ my general expenses (even though they're extremely low). So while I've had more clients, I've actually taken a hit. It makes me wonder how you could have been charging $10 previously, unless you're still a kid living at home with no training and no real expenses (I'm not trying to accuse you of anything... I've talked to you before, and you're nice and all... just making a generalized guess based on what I know it costs at bare minimum to run a business in the field, even from home or on a freelance level).

But my main point is that $500 isn't a Fortune 500 rate. $199-500 is pretty much industry standard to get a public relations professional (meaning someone trained to know how to appeal to various members of the media, and someone with extensive media connections and access to media contacts) to write a press release for you. There are plenty of people I've worked with just here on DP who go onto sites like PRweb and upgrade their press releases to hundreds of dollars for placement. Even they understand the value of a good press release... not just major corporations. Honestly, for as much as I've seen some people spend on just PRweb distribution, they would be better off putting a PR pro on retainer each month to deal with the writing and manual distribution for them (almost always better response rates with manual distribution). The key to getting people to pay close to those amounts is to actually have an education in the field, experience, and proven results on placements in major media. Work on that for now, and you'll be able to charge more in time. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  3. koolkid

koolkid Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My associates and I are involved in various web based investments and businesses and about 6-7 months ago, I had great success in writing/submitting press releases even with basic submission getting hundreds of backlinks, thousands of unique visitors so I decided to offer my services at other web sites before I found Digital Point.

I write them now at a fair affordable rate to help webmasters get links and unique visitors. I see so many people spending so much time submitting to directories, performing link trades, etc. in efforts just to get a few backlinks and a few dozen hits so I thought that I would offer this service where I had success.

I know people make $200-$500 and more per press release but charging that amount here would most likely get no clients. I know what big time clients pay, I have written for some large corporations (1200+ Employees who offer services to other large companies such as Yahoo!, TIVO, Major League Baseball, Ameriquest and are worth millions and millions of dollars) and have been paid accordingly in the standard rate because I flew out across the country to report and get quotes, etc. and if a client here had me fly across the country to report at their headquarters and get quotes, I would not be charging $10. :)

My rate of $10 is what I feel is a good rate for people here at DP to get what they are looking for at a fair price and for me to earn some extra money to help pay for the cost of my other investments.

It has worked out well so far, with both smaller and big clients, and a lot of my clients have been very pleased with their results, so if you need a pr, contact me. :)

Thanks

O YA - Rates are still $10 for the basic release
    I can't edit the older posts
    Thanks

koolkid, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's odd. I've never heard of a client flying a PR person out just for a press release quote and report... it's a simple task that's almost always done remotely if on a freelance basis. I'm not saying it's impossible... just curious what kind of client would do that, especially for someone w/o a degree or experience in the field. And don't take that the wrong way.... I only say that b/c you contacted me privately a few months ago saying you were a starting content writer and a kid still living at home, and asking for advice to earn more. It looks like you've been moving up relatively quickly compared to most content writers, and that's a good thing. :)

You're right though in that your rates aren't too far off compared to what a lot of webmasters here are looking for, in the sense that they're more concerned with backlinks than media relations. In that sense, it's probably pretty cost effective for them. As a matter of fact, since I see your posts around a lot, I tend to pass your name along when someone contacts me wanting a release for that purpose, especially if I'm backed up on something non-release-related. On that note, you should PM me some samples. I'll be taking on fewer and fewer releases this fall to focus on a few book and music publicity campaigns lined up, so I'll be looking for someone to either refer people to, or to subcontract releases out to for a little while (which would be subject to my editing if I go that route, to keep a full media relations focus). If you send samples and I like them, perhaps I'll send some referrals or subcontracted projects your way this Fall if you have time and if you're interested. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  5. koolkid

koolkid Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, I am relatively young compared to most people who are in their late thirties and forties, but am not 13 or 14. I am quite a bit older than that. About flying out, the press release was not all I did there, I worked on some other aspects of their business. I can give a URL via PM if anybody is interested. I could have done it from home I guess, but I wanted to go to California, it was a nice change with better weather. (This is not a DP Member’s business)

So far I have gone through this from the view point and objective of getting back links and traffic for my clients but will look into doing it for public relations. Yes, thank you for all of your help, you gave a lot of very useful information.

I will send some samples, I am very interested

Thanks for your time and all the information you gave me in those long replies filled with lots of useful information. At that point I new quite a bit about press releases, but there was a lot of great info that I now use when writing and looking for clients both inside and outside of DP.

koolkid, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  6. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    koolkid, hook me up with info via PM. Thanks!

GTech, Aug 20, 2006 IP
    bobby9101 likes this.
  7. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    is it still $10?
    im a happy previous client and looking for another press release
    Pm me

munt, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  8. koolkid

koolkid Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PM Sent to GTech and Munt
    Thanks

koolkid, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  9. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Koolkid is a kool kid. Got the press release as promised. Happy and will do business again.

guru-seo, Aug 23, 2006 IP
    koolkid and SubmitShop like this.
  10. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm thoroughly impressed with koolkid's press release. Very well written and he/she (sorry, don't know gender and it's not important) took the time to research my site and nailed some observations that would otherwise have been lost.

I've ordered submissions as well. As soon as those are completed, I'll repost with general observations about increased traffic, contact, etc.

GTech, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  11. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are these still available? What are you prices for submission too?

Anyone else have some rates like this and want to PM me?

fsmedia, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  12. kpr

kpr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Very interested in this please pm me.

Thanks
    Kev

kpr, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  13. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    I need few! PM me details please.

sipltech, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  14. bacardirum

bacardirum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please PM details, interested, provide a sample of you work aswell please.

bacardirum, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  15. kyoku2

kyoku2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yep me as well. I need to see some samples. I appreciate it.

(ps)Do you take payments via paypal?

kyoku2, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  16. xaxecom

xaxecom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I need few, PM the details, Thanks.

xaxecom, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  17. Infusionx

Infusionx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yep...please PM the cost of writing a PR complete with submission. This is urgent so please respnd ASAP. This is a health site

thnx

Infusionx, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  18. dkrapo

dkrapo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please PM details, interested, provide a sample of you work aswell please.

dkrapo, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  19. Infusionx

Infusionx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanx for the great work. Very reliable and top quality work. Will definately
    be doing more business here.

Infusionx, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  20. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    I appreciate the work. Its really nice. will definately go for more :)

sipltech, Aug 29, 2006 IP
    koolkid likes this.