1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Issue with ad-sense placement

Discussion in 'Google' started by internetsuser27, Jan 14, 2010.

Hello,

I run an outdoors video website and in the past I have placed a 468 x 60 adsense banner above the videos on the website. I recently decided to place another 468 x 60 banner below the videos on the site as well. IE: http://www.sportsmanstube.com/video/337/MOOSE-HUNTING-WITH-DOG

I also have a 180 x 150 on the right side of the page.

I have been tracking these separately for a few days now and each day, the three ads have separate impression numbers. Now, these ads are only on pages where they would have the same amount of views. Yet, they have different numbers. They fall within the three maximum number of adsense ads on the page, so that should not be an issue.

The only possible issue that I could possibly see is that Google sometimes shows their own ads in embeded youtube videos, but those are not my ads and I do not make anything off of them if someone clicks them. They are (I assume), money for the person who posted the youtube video.

Any idea as to why this is? Thanks!

internetsuser27, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  2. internetsuser27

internetsuser27 Peon

Best Answers:
    P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Maybe it would have better placed in the adsense forum. If a mod agrees, please move. Thanks!

3. ChrenGames

ChrenGames Peon

Best Answers:
    do you mean why you have different amounts of impressions for each ad unit? If that is the case, I have a similar situation where my ad impressions are different most of the time. I usuallly don't worry about it and have been told it is not big deal. Clicks will be tracked so thats all that matters. Hope this is what you were looking for

ChrenGames, Jan 14, 2010 IP
    internetsuser27 likes this.
  4. internetsuser27

internetsuser27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey ChrenGames,

That is exactly what I am talking about.

It is good to know it is something that I should not worry about.

Thanks!

5. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have also seen this in the past. I have unique channels on a given page and usually they are the same for impressions but sometimes I notice they are different. I've also noticed ads not loading before so mabye this could make up the difference in the numbers.

Lex350, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  6. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's true. I notice that in many websites as well.

scheng1, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  7. internetsuser27

internetsuser27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good call Lex. It is good that other people are experiencing this as well. I was getting a little worried.

Have a good one!

internetsuser27, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  8. nandanamnidheesh

nandanamnidheesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi internetsuser27,

showing different impression is not a big problem, i think itz cause partial loading or bounced traffic,

how ever i was searching for something i found in your website, is it ok to show Google adsense on youtube embedded pages ? have you confirmed with google ? i had asked same question in Google adsense forum and i dint get any reply from Google employees but one top contributor said that itz not allowed, cause content is not owned by site owner.. but i found lot of websites doing same thing .. main example is metacafe..

am really confused .. i had started a thread in DP but dint get any reply yet.. do you have any idea ?

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2128611 this is the links ..

nandanamnidheesh, Mar 24, 2011 IP