1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am being infracted for writing negative part of dmoz

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by gaven, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Well,
    i never put allegation,claim any thing,use bad words in my post.
    but i have been saying something about dmoz may not be right and i feel it is wrong(just personal thought...i never say other people you must believe it)

one bad part of dmoz in my experience was they use to delete every negative things,post from their forum(...these are not allegation but my experience...)
    so even here now they have started removing post which says anything against them or doesnt praise them.

My 2 post(not tropic) has been just deleted.

one post of 2
    so what is wrong with that.....neither i have said any badwords not i have alleged someone...
    just forwarded my experience.....

i don't want to fight or argue...but felt it was not 100% right to remove things which for not agreeing with them(you)

gaven, Jan 14, 2010 IP
    Ivan Bajlo likes this.
  2. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like a bunch of gibberish and I don't think they have an official public forum.

Caesar1, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is no DMOZ forum. There is a forum (RS) run privately by some DMOZ editors to answer questions.

If you post something that is against the guidelines of any forum, it will be deleted/closed/infracted/whatever .... why would you expect RS to be any different.

Agent000, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Point is ran by a DMOZ editor, so is just as "official" as Resource Zone... though I must admit the mods here are actually human...

It's a sorry state of affairs when complaints are replied to with infractions...which is something that is not generally seen on most forums, including Digital Point....but again, the mods here are human.

Qryztufre, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  5. gaven

gaven Peon

Best Answers:
    i am talking about this.
    http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/
    It may be run by editors but for normal person it looks as if it is an official forum.Then may be editors are taking wrong advantage of their post.(That is what i think,u may not agree with it...and i don't say you must)

and what is against the TOS,if we write ,we feel they are not being professional,may be they need to change something to make it better.IS THAT AGAINST THE TOS.I have heard even in extreme conservative nations,people is allowed to say that.

Rather than DP as a whole,there are some person who are doing this.

They will try to do everything to get post deleted which are against them.That is also what we think and have experienced.

gaven, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  6. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Its there forum; they can do what they like there!!

Agent000, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  7. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On the Guidelines Page they clearly state
    That should have been a GREAT inidcation that it is not an official forum. If you read the guidelines before posting, (which i am sure you did) , then you could not have missed this.

You did start off by reading the guidelines didnt you?

snooks, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  8. gaven

gaven Peon

Best Answers:
    by the way it is going off tropic...
    the question is not resource-zone is their official forum or not.
    Question is why are those post infracted and are being deleted....
    whats wrong in telling what we feel is not right......after all it is "forum" where there are positive as well as negative feedback,comments etc....
    i don't think it is a praise message section?

gaven, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  9. Agent000

Best Answers:
    because....

Agent000, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  10. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    That does not make it right ;)

In fact, like I pointed out, that is a HORRIBLE way to treat the general populous and end user of the directory. It's not a place to voice opinions, it's a place to get your jollies off in the adult section and for horn tooting between editors (and trust me I know, what goes on behind the scenes, there are threads in the editors forum mocking members like the OP here).

It is a forum, and the concept behind a forum is COMMUNICATION. Then I guess it makes sense that such a thing is beyond them... look what they have changed the concept of OPEN DIRECTORY into ;)

Qryztufre, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  11. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And what makes you think that you are special getting infractions? Clearly I am an ODP Editor and i assume that you can look into my profile in DP and see the infractions that i have recieved. I dont believe I was justified in getting them, but hey, their forum, their rules :)

Dont go thinking its because you are trying to be silenced, the fact is that the DP Mods in here do what they think is right and if they believe an infraction is justified, they issue one. That is their role! They generally dont get involved too much unless you are clearly being malicious or aggressive towards another poster.

Cop it on the chin......

snooks, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  12. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only yourself and mods can see infractions.

That's right, it never was set up to do that, it was set up to be informational and to receive information about the directory. There are plenty of places to voice opinions including here and when people can say that editors, must include us all, are corrupt and keep saying it I would believe that the scope id quite wide for that.

If you wat to voice opinions directl to AOL then you can do so on the AOL/DMOZ blog. Some good information on there and you should bookmark it, there is soon to be more information about 2009 statistics. http://blog.dmoz.org/2009/12/08/2009-year-in-review-editor-and-community-achievements/

Anonymously, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  13. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Its very strange that many comments for information on the blog are never put up, yet many of the "why isn't my site listed" comments are approved. The blog has lost it's flavor a long time ago for just that reason...as if you have noticed, someone used to post many of the new blog posts here on DP, now that rarely happens.

I used to follow along with the blog, but found that it's misinformation and strange habits of what they will and will not approve comment wise is strange at best, and certainly not related to COMMUNICATION at all....

Qryztufre, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  14. sharma

sharma Active Member

Best Answers:

That's what i call shooting in the foot and very childish. My cricket bat so i will bat first thing shouldn't be the mindset of adults. For people who live in democratic countries voicing compliants isn't knew and if editors can't take it on the chin than good luck to them

sharma, Jan 18, 2010 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Having read through this thread I'm totally confused.

gaven is your quarrel with digitalpoint for the posts that have been deleted here? or with resourcezone?

Let me assure you that it's not because you criticized dmoz - if it was there are some users here who would have permanent bans. It is more likely that your comments repeated what had already been said or hijacked the thread in a direction that the OP had not intended.

sarahk, Jan 18, 2010 IP
    robjones likes this.
  16. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    We do however ban duplicate accounts, so goodbye...

TikTok, Jan 18, 2010 IP
    robjones and sarahk like this.
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    y'kidding me!

sarahk, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  18. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Just for the record, it had absolutely nothing to do with negative experiences posted about dmoz. We really don't give a rat's ass if you love or hate it as long as you play by DP's rules when discussing it. The OP's own post tells you exactly why an infraction was issued:

Simply copying previous responses so you don't have to think for yourself when responding is (rather obviously) just a duplicate post.

jhmattern, Jan 19, 2010 IP
    robjones likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.