1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So Google Banned me from Searching Today...

Discussion in 'Google' started by Ascendancy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. sensex

sensex Peon

Best Answers:
    It maybe the google dance.... wait for a day and you site will be back.... I have faced the same problem...

sensex, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  2. MikeTheBuilder

MikeTheBuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    This has happened to me a couple of times, didn't know why the first time, until the second ban. I was doing a lot of searches with the SeoQuake add on from firefox. I turned it off reset my ip, never happened again.

MikeTheBuilder, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  3. ipkum

ipkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    try to change your IP address.maybe address last this Google gets back to.

ipkum, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  4. mafialink

mafialink Peon

Best Answers:
    you must think..

mafialink, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  5. tonsblogger

tonsblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's the proof that Google is watching us, and that's their craft what to know what people really likes, search, use and almost everything we search using their the mighty Google search box.

tonsblogger, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  6. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am really surprised that google does have the upper limit to the number of searches one can make in a given time and this incident shows that they surely have the safe guard in place... to prevent mass assault on its system!

I am sure after the cooling off restriction, OP would be able to carry out his search... as before. :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  7. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you even read what the issue was? He said that he wasn't able to do a search on Google, he never mentioned anything about his site not showing up.

Frost813, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  8. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is temporary and is present at least from 5 years, especially when you make automated queries (many) for certain keywords.
    For example I am using Greasemonkey add-on for FF which I've set to search my keywords within the first 300 results in google. After I run it few times, I get the same error for an hour or so.

As someone suggested above, changing your dynamic IP is likely to resolve that issue.

Cheers

abraxas, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  9. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    Some of the Firefox plug-ins (such as SearchStatus etc) often cause that if the plug-in is checking for the number of back links when searching or checking each search results PR etc. There have been many posts on this over the last 18 months or so and it usually turns out to be caused by a FF plug-in or some blackhat script the user is running that sends too many queries to google.

vagrant, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  10. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol new one on me never heard or seen this before lol, but makes sence that it can happen tho.

johneva, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  11. TheLasTSamuRai

TheLasTSamuRai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you even read the question :eek: he is not asking about his banned domain

TheLasTSamuRai, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  12. aukseo

aukseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to add the reason google does this is to get better results for the trends and insight tool.

If your run ing ranking software to check for 'car insurance' every 5 mins it's going to affect their data. If you need to search that often the multiple proxies is the best option!

aukseo, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  13. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    that is very weird. Never heard of this before. Could it be that someone has hacked your IP address and is using it for spamming purposes?

lightlysalted, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  14. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    May be some program (a adware/virus, may be) sent automated request to google.
    I have that once and when I run a full scan of my computer using KIS, it detected 2 malwares.

Abhik, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  15. downloadvyp

downloadvyp Peon

Best Answers:
    this happen only if your ip is on the 'blacklist'

downloadvyp, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  16. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    This happens if you use any type of automated search on Google. They don't like people using bots such as Keyword Rank Checkers. So, if you choose to use them, use them sparingly, and if you're not using them, something in the way you were searching triggered a red flag on your IP so you got blocked for a little while.

That's why it's best to use a public PC whenever possible, go to a library and do your research there, or use the dynamic IP, that may help. Don't use proxy servers though, that's another method that Google doesn't like. At least that's what I was told at the SMX East conference this past October.

Frost813, Jan 14, 2010 IP