1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pixel Size of Logo

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by wisdomtool, Jan 12, 2010.

I am looking at having my logo redesigned. But there are so many shapes. What are the common shapes I should be requesting for? For eg 125x125, 728x80 etc etc? Thanks in advance for your advice.

wisdomtool, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  2. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In all honesty there is no standard for size. It really depends on how you will be using it. For example on a website its usually better to have an icon with text next to it, giving you a rectangular shape, ex. 350px X 75px. This is ideal so that it will fit nicely in a header.

However if the logo is to be used on a shirt, or business card, album cover, or other material it can be in a more square shape.

Many people including myself opt to use both layouts. A square and a more rectangular shape. This way you have maximum usability of your logo.

Also make sure you either have a high resolution file of your logo, or make certain that you have a vector format.

simplyg123, Jan 12, 2010 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  3. zaddi

zaddi Guest

Best Answers:
    Agreed with you sir,
    Thanks !

zaddi, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  4. SuzStephens

SuzStephens Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of specifying a pixel size, have your logo created in Illustrator or Freehand and saved as an .eps or .ai file. That will result in a vector art file that can be resized up or down without loss of quality.

SuzStephens, Jan 16, 2010 IP
    simplyg123 likes this.
  5. RogerDale

RogerDale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I absolutely agree. I think that rectangular shape is not only useful but it's also very universal. In my opinion, a good and well-designed logo is a classic one. You don't want your logo to look ridiculous in several years. It becomes your business identity so its design should definitely stand the test of time.

RogerDale, May 5, 2015 IP