1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to block Russian traffic?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Reviewz, Jan 11, 2010.

I am getting Russian traffic on many domains and many of them are coming from Yandex.

I believe most Russian traffic is just worthless or comprise people trying to copy my sites.

The sites are on topics that have nothing to do with Russians. They just appeared this past few months. I'm also getting Romanian traffic which I don't like much either. These guys are notorious spammers and hackers and copiers, unfortunately.

I am planning to block all this unwanted traffic from these regions in the htaccess.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reviewz, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  2. tures

tures Peon

Best Answers:
    tures, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  3. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well if u use .htaccess it could be a large db whic will cause issues if u want for a small price i can setup a geo targetting solution to stop useless country traffic

Bohra, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  4. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, but are there any good guides on how to block IP ranges - any easy way?

I wish I could embrace all this traffic, but this Russian traffic just appeared recently and I believe they are copying my sites and doing God knows what.

They view every single page even though the site has nothing to do with them...my guess is they are copying my sites off.

Reviewz, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  5. tures

tures Peon

Best Answers:
    As Bohra said, you can use a geo targetting script that grabs the location of the IP Address in question and denies connection. The list of IP ranges that I got is very long, so the geo targetting seems like the best solution. Do you need some help with it ? I could do it for a very small fee if you'd like. Please PM me if you need some help with it.

tures, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  6. isocial

isocial Guest

Best Answers:
    Using Google webmaster tools you can specify Geo targeting , Google will use your website in that area's result page to provide you traffic.

Use your control panel to block the ip range. simple and easy

isocial, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  7. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best option is using a geo targeting script. You can find the ip address data base for free online and ask in php board and you will get a simple script too.

bluearrow, Jan 14, 2010 IP