1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Australians Racist Towards Indian Students? Please Comment!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by technomassage, Jan 10, 2010.

There has been a lot of talk in the media worldwide regarding the recent murders and bashing of Indian students in Melbourne. As I am from Australia, I would love some International views.

I know there are lots of people from India on these Forums, so was hoping to get some feedback. Do you think Australia is a racist country?

You can join the Facebook discussion here

Thanks and please keep your comments nice.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
    technomassage, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Absolutely No! As in every country, there are scums who may be racist, I have no doubts that Australia does have some of these scums. But the vast majority of Aussies welcome India Students. What had happened are just a few isolated cases. I hope that those criminals are prosecuted to the full extend of the law.

wisdomtool, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  3. thompsonshere

thompsonshere Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I accept that too. Because of these racist, we were blaming the whole country. It's not too good. We can't blame a country or its whole people because of few scums. But Australia has to make some serious actions against these scums initially otherwise we have to blame the Australian government but not its people.

thompsonshere, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not at all. The Indians feel that everytime one of their own gets bashed it's racially motivated. They seem to forget how many Indians live in Australia.

dcristo, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  5. ravikumarpandian

ravikumarpandian Peon

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse racists are everywhere..But going to an extent of murder is not something you see very often.You cannot deny the fact most of the students are treated with second degree parallelism.I dont see any action taken upon the assaulters so far,atleast the media dint bring it here as of now.Do you think you will treat a foreigner without contempt,if he comes there to take up your job?

ravikumarpandian, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  6. clickexa

clickexa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Within a week 3 Indian students were killed in Australia, as I read the news so far. Killing innocent people is very inhuman act, I think such anti-social elements are there everywhere in the world.

clickexa, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  7. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    Believe me, it's not every Aussie. If someone do, they do for for many races.. not only Indian.

tonyinabox, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  8. fancymouj

fancymouj Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah We all indians know very well but the problem is that how long our people face such problem in Aus ?:rolleyes: because such problem still going on since long time so our question is so simple that what Aus govt doing for indians to overcome such problem?

Do you think that Aus govt can control over such problem as soon as possible ?:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2010
    fancymouj, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  9. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, ya there are some bad elements in countries which spoil the reputation of a particular country, :eek:

- Mr.President -

Digital_shubhi, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  10. suganindia

suganindia Peon

Best Answers:
    Reality is most of the people are not racist always but once is enough to hurt :)

suganindia, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  11. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    It's gonna be for long long long long time... 'till that time coming.

tonyinabox, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  12. Organs

Organs Peon

Best Answers:
    In almost every country, there are racists trying to judge and hurt others. What we can do is to respect other people, and ignore those racists.

Organs, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  13. writesalot

writesalot Peon

Best Answers:
    10 people get killed and maybe one is Indian (example) how does that make us racist. The thugs treat everyone the same. Just because a few people stir up the media, we are now labled racist. I would not like to go out in Melbourne alone no matter what race I was. There needs to be crack down on all thuggery.

writesalot, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  14. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not all for sure infact i am an indian and have quite a few aussie friends.. its same situation like muslims due to some people whole religion gets a wrong name same is happening in australia some freaks coz the whole countries bad name

Bohra, Jan 11, 2010 IP