1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do women have souls?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Genuine Marketer, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this was a study in the UK published in July 2008

A study on the attitudes of students has found that 28 per cent said killing could be justified if the religion was under attack and another four per cent supported killing in order to "promote and preserve" the religion.
    Over half, 53 per cent, said killing in the name of religion was never justifiable but among non-Muslim students that figure was 94 per cent.

Hard to believe that the UK was once part of Europe :D

Arnie, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  2. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    Muslims are a minority in Great Britain and they will always be.Us British will never accept "Islam" for many a good reason,one of the reasons would be the dubious and often suspect nature of "Muhammed".I believe in the lord,jesus and heaven but i am not pious and i would never kill myself in order to reach this afterlife where i get a countless amount of virgins.It just seems to me as a way of entrenching fear in to people,telling them if they do not accept islam they WILL go to hell or that leaving "Islam" means that they are fit to be killed.

Koran 70:15-16
    The fire of Hell will pluck out his being right to the skull..

Koran 5:10
    As for those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, they are the heirs of Hell.

It strikes fear in to the uneducated out of fear of the unknown,i have been scared of death before but not so much i became a jihadi islamic extremist.
    We should live our lives here before we get excited about the possibility of somewhere else.
    Just my 2-cents.

Grafstein, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You see, I told you you missed my point. Its OK. I've stated it twice, its starting to get redundant.

You cant possibly be posting this with a straight face. If you are, you are a complete imbecile. Let me throw you a clue to grab if you like. When I took your pious post which accused, rightfully in my opinion, Genuine Marketer of inciting anti-Muslim sentiment by starting such a thread and reversed it to make it a complaint about those who start such threads about Israel, it was to point out your hypocrisy. Nothing more. You could give a flying fart whether New starts another 500 threads on this forum blaming Israel for something stupid. As indicated when you used the phrase "illegal state of Israel", hatred perpetuated against Israel does not count in your book.

If you want to know why I post in opposition to 99% of almost everything you put to print, let me assure you it is about a whole lot more than the plight of the Palestinians or Israel. Even Osama Bin Laden didn't give a rats ass about Palestine when he started his Jihad against the west. It was about Saudi Arabia. Oh sure, Al Queda refers to the Palestinian situation more now than ever, but that is a matter of political expedience.

The real war going on is a battle between education and ignorance. It is a battle between capitalism and religious totalitarianism. The more educated any of these heavily Muslim cultures become, the less power the religious leaders will hold over the people. The more addicted to western products (produced in China;)) these people become, the less choice the leaders of these nations will have to keep their people in the dark ages(controlled). On our side, we have the all powerful companies that produce these products that need and want new consumers and markets.

Hey I get it man. If I were the Taliban, and my women were wearing berkas, who would want to ruin a good thing. Come piss in my pond with your western ideas of social mobility, liberation(on almost every front), and consumerism(self imposed slavery), and I'll come piss in your pond with a weaponized commercial jet liner flown into your trade center. One obviously has to pick a side and to me, the choice is obvious. Capitalism has created more personal freedom on the planet than Communism ever could, even though Communism's stated goals are certainly more lofty. Nobody wants to rob Muslims of their religion, but I suspect most would like to see Sharia law, or rule by religion of any kind, go the way of the Do Do. Israel only appears on the issues list with Muslims because you guys constantly put it there.

Our rape statistics don't hold a candle to the crimes committed in most Muslim countries. The idea that the highly religious commit less crime because their Holy book says it is against the rules is idiotic. I hear you constantly make this argument as you quote from the Quran as Muslim after Muslim does things in direct contradiction to Islam, according to you. Funnier still, those committing these crimes are likely doing so BECAUSE of their faith.

The humor.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/coptic/petition.html
    http://www.speroforum.com/site/article.asp?id=17085
    http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L06376353.htm
    http://www.jihadwatch.org/2008/12/indonesia-muslims-burn-christian-church-riot.html
    http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/...ch-in-malaysia-do-not-use-the-word-allah.html

http://barnabasfund.org/US/News/Arc...istian-minority-in-the-Middle-East.html?p=all
    http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8340
    That was the short list. It goes on and on and on and on and on and on. Regular does not even begin to describe it.

What a load of crap. Honor killings are prohibited too, but in most cases, they are ignored. Use the word prohibit all you want, Muslims are either Ignoring Mohammad's words or your words are lie that cover for an understanding that such actions are not really all that bad.

Obamanation, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  4. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I read that, the latest research results
    Britons are suspicious towards Muslims, study finds

More than half the population would be strongly opposed to a mosque being built in their neighbourhood, the study found.

A large proportion of the country believes that the multicultural experiment has failed, with 52 per cent considering that Britain is deeply divided along religious lines and 45 per cent saying that religious diversity has had a negative impact ...

Education solves only a small part of the problem. Remember most of the attackers had quite some good education starting with Bin Laden, the Islamic doctors' conspiracy(Glasgow), the latest attempt by the Nigerian, we could go on and on.

We'll have to tread it right from the roots, which are the unlawful texts in the Quran, which are imposed on us and we're exposed to it at this time. Better to make it a history book, lol.

I doubt by liberating Afghanistan, Iraq and a few others alone will solve the problems. We need to meet the threats from where they start from, the Quran, and not the people. Only those behind and those who seek to teach and justify this book by word and deeds should be prosecuted. It's almost too late to change the current now.
    --- But if we all can mutually agree that the color of DP-forums is green we may have a chance. --- :D:D

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
    Arnie, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  5. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Muslims make me sick to my stomach..

ncz_nate, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  6. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    @ adbox - Thanks for the nice words, but words will stay words if they left no effects on people's actions, I appreciate your kind feelings, I do know what you are trying to say, and I appreciate the kind and nice emotions, you are one of those Christians whom Allah spoke about in the holy Qur'an, the true God's word:

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" [Qur'an 5:82]

I think you need to check the sources of this negative image you have about the other, me, and my people, in this region in general, and do not take whatever is being told to you about us with blind trust, nor take whatever is told about us by us with a blind trust, but to check for yourself, read books, and ask experts, all the best.

@ Arnie

you are like obamantion now, trying to keep the argument in a narrow circle in which it is mostly about criticizing Islam, and Muslims, because some Muslims did something bad, as I mentioned earlier, Muslims are not perfect, nobody is, there is the good and the bad everywhere, but for sure, Islam is perfect :)

so if you want to criticize Islam, you need a very basic requirement, to know Islam...

you are like a one, who is asked to give his opinion about a movie which he have not seen by himself, but been told about it by his sexy neighbor whom he admires her so much, and would want to believe and follow her steps in everything, would you answer:

- it is a good movie? because your sexy neighbor said it is a good movie?
    - it is a bad movie
    - I do not know because I did not watch it, but my sexy neighbor said it is good, you can ask her for more.
    - I do not know, but if you can wait till later after I watch it, I will be able to tell you.

know what you are talking about before you talk about it, here is a start, for you and GM, in Mohammad's pbuh own words in his last speech before he dies, an important speech, where he was expecting already it will be the last, so he stressed the most important issues, and women rights, was one of them, good reading, and a good reminder for Muslims anywhere:

imad, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Imad

have you ever signed a petition against cruelty in your religion?

Arnie, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Imad, here is your big chance to prove you are not a bigot. Lets see you use the same phrase you would have us use in application to Islam, in application to the state of Israel. Until you can do that, you have no right to ask anyone to do anything that does not generalize Islam in the broadest of strokes.

Obamanation, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  9. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to be heard, try not to resort to tricks, because it is the weak person's way to get to his goal, but be direct, I m saying this because your question contains a trick,

if I said yes, it means my religion has cruelty, for which I signed a petition, so the petition is at the end against my religion.

if I said no, it also means my religion has cruelty, and I accepted it by not objecting it, or signing a petition against it.

in other words, if it was head, you win, if it was tail I lose.

lol

not a good way to build trust, but I know trust is not what you want, but here you are thinking about your own personal gain,

this question is same like the survey you mentioned earlier in this thread that took place in UK,

let me try to make things clear, by asking again, in more direct to the point questions:

Q: Is there cruelty in Islam?

A: No, there is not, but there is justice which can be seen as cruelty by some.

this link contains more info about this issue, and answers for common questions asked by non-Muslims about what they consider cruelty in Islam, will be good if you read it.

imad, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  10. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    Again obamanation, if you concentrate on what is being said here instead of concentrating on mongering hate, then you wouldn't have to ask for something like this, because I already expressed it before, here is an example:

for sure there is the good and the bad in the so-called Israel too, there are those who tried hard to break the siege that been put under Palestinian people, and send goods and cartoons of food and medicines, there are those brave soldiers too in IOF who broke the silence, I have mentioned them, in several occasions, but again, you need to open your eyes a little, instead of letting hate blinds you always.

imad, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    That is a start, though no where near the level of absolution you would have the world give Islam. Your statement of Israel begins with the words "so-called Israel", which in and of itself mongers hate. You then imply that there are a few good apples in Israel, whereas you would have us believe that Islam has only a few bad apples. Again, until you can apply your words equally, it will be hard to see you as anything other than a bigot.

12. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    Until you are able to distinguish between a religion, and a country (false country as the international law says not only me) it will be hard to see you as anything other than a bigot.

imad, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  13. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    The first question's a muslim should ask:
    Does "Allah" exist?
    Is there proof for the existence of "Allah" and/or the existence of an afterlife?
    Why do non-believers go to hell? and why is the description of "hell" strikingly similar to pre-islamic arabian torture?
    It seems to me that this is nothing but fables,i am not anti-islamic but i know when something makes sense and when something was made up but arab elders 1500 years ago to suppress their people and to curtail any kind of resentment that the peasents had for them.

Grafstein, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  14. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what's a trick in a simple question?

Do you consider cruelty as justice to please your supervisors for just some privileges and to protect them to continue in their medieval style of governance? It seems so.
    Why do you take it as personal win or lose issue when it is all about cruelty in Islam? How many times have you taken part in stoning or beheading someone?
    I'm asking, because you justify this as justice and maybe you needed a soother for yourself.

Your comment is insofar of interest, because it tells us that when Muslim terrorists kill innocent 'unbelievers' it is justice, but now when they go after your own people you regard help from the unbelievers for your own sake, now we understand why the half-hearted union against terrorism. Or could you consider the slaughters of your people by terror organizations not as cruel, because they're Muslims like you and aim for the same cause as you?

Conclusion: In the fight against terror there is no one to trust who is Muslim. Thanks for the revelation. Not new to me, but you just made it clear to others yourself.

I'm well aware that I don't gain anything personal in a political thread, it's a heart issue out of concern for others.

Arnie, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    The religion of Islam defines an ethnicity, a group of people, as does the State of Israel(7.5 million of them). Given that the 80 countries do not recognize Palestine as a legitimate sovereign state while only 20 do not recognize Israel, your statement about International law is obviously false. Certainly there are more people saying Palestine is a "false country" than those saying Israel is a "false country".

In summary, so long as you feel it is generalize Israel because you dislike the actions of some Jews, it seems perfectly reasonable to generalize Muslims as violent, backward, barbaric, uneducated, women abusing, psychotics because of the actions of more than a few of them world wide. Like I said, I can understand your grievances and desire to wipe them off the planet. Just please quit whining when practically the whole rest of the world treats your culture the way you desire to treat Israel. It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying.

16. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    The trick been explained already in my post, so please, and in order not to waste time, do not ask questions that you already know their answers,

your new question in this post can be asked in a different way, what cruelty? do you consider justice cruelty? do you consider putting a rapist in prison cutlery? do you consider taking back an item that been stolen and return it back to its owner, cruelty?

so here you need to be specific, and post what you feel is cruelty and then ask me what I think about it.

the conclusion you made, I do not see how it is related to the thread topic, or to the recent post here? you also need to be clear and specific,

if you consider the war against Afghanistan, and Iraq, a war on terror, then I will agree with you, don't expect Muslims to participate in such crimes, if you mean the war on Al-Qaeda, then I see there is no war on Al-Qaeda, but more using Al-Qaeda as an excuse to launch illegal wars against other countries, mostly under false reasons.

imad, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  17. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    I m not sure if this post is directed to me or in general, but I will be glad to reply it, thanking you for being distinguished than so many posters here, in getting right to the point, and speaking what you feel and not speaking to try to make others feel something,

allow me to correct you in regards to the first question that should be asked, not only by Muslims, but also by all who are interested in the issue of "existence of God"

the first question should be, "what is God?"

it would not make sense if I asked you, does brubblooblash exist?
    first thing you will ask is, what is brubblooblash?

then after we define God, it will be easier to answer the question of does God exist or not,

if the idea about God is a man sitting on a cloud, then nah, god does not exist, by this, I do not actually say, there is No God, but I say, there is no man sitting on the cloud, who is supposed to be the creator of universe and everything in it,

some confuse defining God with describing God, to describe God you need to tell how does he look like? where is he?

nobody can tell how does God look like because nobody has seen him, and nobody can tell where, so God can't be described,

people, I think you are one of them, find it so hard to believe in what they can't even describe, but that does not mean we can't define God, without even the need of a prophet, or a messenger,

God is the creator of the universe, does this make sense to you? or you find more sense in that the universe and its order, was found by coincidence? you need to be honest with yourself not me, and try to find the answer for this question, check this thread:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1342873

and other threads that already addressed this subject.

edit: missed that part about unbelievers

unbelievers according to which faith, religion, or belief? what may sound similar or the same in religions, is not necessarily the same in each of them,

the word religion itself, is not the same in Christianity, Judaism, or Islam, so is the word unbelievers, if you are familiar with the term unbelievers in Christianity, as those who did not accept Jesus pbuh as their savior or son of god, it does not mean that unbelievers in Islam are those who do not accept Mohammad pbuh,

with that said, yes, and according to Islam, it is true that unbelievers will go to hell, but why?
    how can Islam be so cruel some may ask, and send these people to hell? because they did not believe in something, or because that something did not make sense to them?

those who do not know, of course will not go to hell, but those who knew the truth, and deny it, are the ones who will go to hell,

so being unbeliever in the sense used in Christianity, does not mean you will go directly to hell.
    unbelievers usually is used to translate the word "Kafir" in Islam, the plural of it is "Kuffar" and it means exactly, those who knew, but hid, or denied, and not those who did not know, or were not convinced.

imad, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But isn't this idea the common description of God among Judaism, Christianity and Islam? Someone who created universe, humans and after the death will send them to haven or hell.

gworld, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  19. Genuine Marketer

Genuine Marketer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Again you are assuming the Quran is God's word. The Quran says one thing in one part of it and contradicts itself elsewhere... the same with the bible and the Torah. If you believe everything in the Quran did you know it could've been Satan that made Mohamed and according to scripture Satan has the power to do so. That's if you believe all the BS they have to say.

Genuine Marketer, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  20. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your question.

They share the definition of God is the creator, but they do not have a common description, while God has a son in Christianity, and is one in 3, and 3 in 1, God is one and only in Islam, and this is common between Islam and Judaism,

regarding description, in Judaism God's image is unknown, in Christianity there are different images, the father is an old man, the son is a man, some Churches in Europe has him as a white man, some other Churches in Africa has him as a black man, and Gabriel is a man with wings, they make the 3 in 1 and 1 in 3 I mentioned above, I do not know what image they have for this holy trinity, so I will leave this to Christians to answer, can you imagine the holy trinity in your mind? like you have an image of Jesus pbuh on walls in Churches?

in Islam God has no image, not a male, nor a female, or as it says in Qur'an:

these were about God's image in the three, there are other differences in regards of his place, in Islam, God is everywhere meaning his power can reach everywhere, not a physical existence since he existed before the "place" as we know it, which is one of his creatures, in Christianity God is in heaven, in Judaism God's place is unknown.

and other differences in regards of God's words, or the holy books that been sent by prophets/messengers,

the three of them share the same source, they all came from God, but not all of them stayed the same as when been revealed, bible is not the same since people added/changed/removed and some lost in translations from a language to another ..etc

there is more of course, I hope this will answer your question, but if you need details, you can find many sources online that talk about this subject, let me know if you need links.

imad, Jan 12, 2010 IP