1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you ever got ban in Google for displaying coop ads?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Mong, Aug 24, 2006.

1. MaxS

MaxS Peon

Best Answers:
    I had one site banned. I do take all of the blame, though. I pointed somewhere over 50k weight at it, in a week. It was more of an experiment.

MaxS, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  2. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    How long it took ?

Mong, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  3. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Around a month, no idea i will PM you the URL :)

amitpatel_3001, Aug 27, 2006 IP
  4. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're more brave than I. The faqs and threads I've read pretty much state that you should start small and work up. I believe it also depends upon the number of existing links you site already has.

If I ever find myself with alot of extra weight to throw around, I thought it would be interesting to try doing what you did using a brand-new affiliate page/site. I'm guessing that I would get nowhere in Google ... but I might be able to make some decent short-term cash on MSN or Yahoo. If it worked I would just create new sites as soon as the previous one finished its run.

I'd be extremely curious to hear if others are doing that successfully.

andheresjohnny, Aug 27, 2006 IP
  5. MaxS

MaxS Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, I wouldn't suggest doing what I did. As I said, it was more of an experiment. The weight worked like magic for 2 or so weeks and then I was banned. No worries though, I made a decent amount of money from it during those 2 weeks.

MaxS, Aug 27, 2006 IP
  6. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Trying to discover the threshold is indeed a daring experiment. Personally, I believe using the strategy of "what appears natural" is probably the best way to use COOP, provided you're not experimenting :).

50k in weight at once :eek:, yikes. Indeed that would be seen as a suspicious link burst if there's nothing else to support the reason behind a ton of links overnight.

Homer, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  7. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    I don't think higher weight can be reason of ban in google.

because Google clearly states that any external site can not be reason of your hurt in ranking (or ban).

Mong, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Google does look at the historical trends of every domain as well. Many people think that you can link burst your competition off out of SERPs and that may be true :confused:. But I don't think it's that simple...eg. 50,000 links in a short period of time=BANNED. There are other factors as well like history, buzzes, onpage-free give aways, etc. If Google checks all other factors built into the algo (possibly human checks as well) and there's no visible, justifyable reason why so many links (votes) suddenly appeared then you could be in trouble!

Google Patent Quote
    Source

H

Homer, Aug 28, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  9. cellularnews

cellularnews Peon

Best Answers:
    I can be sure as the only change made to the site was the addition of the coop - and once banned, the only change to get unbanned was the removal of the coop.

cellularnews, Aug 30, 2006 IP