1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Wave - The Future?

Discussion in 'Google' started by MAD~DOG, Jan 9, 2010.

If any of you have seen Google Wave, it's pretty neat. I watched the looong video and it seems really cool. So, a question for you guys:

Is Google Wave something that will become Big and used everywhere?

MAD~DOG, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  2. excaflowne

excaflowne Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, if it's came from google, sure it has something in it..

but you need invitation to use google wave...:rolleyes:

excaflowne, Jan 9, 2010 IP
    MAD~DOG likes this.
  3. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well its not neccesary but yea looking at it looks like it has a good future but if google contantly launches some services all wont go a hit

Bohra, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  4. J32

J32 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use google wave about 2 months now. I think the main problem with wave is that people have to learn how it works. It is not very intuitive to use. If you don't have many people around you that use wave it will be pretty empty in your inbox.

The thing I really like about wave is that I can make a wave public and everone can see and write in this wave.

Wave is still new and a lot of things need to change. For example now everyone on a public wave can edit what I have written. They is no option too deny this. You can't delete yourself out of a wave you have followed. You can unfollow it though, but my name and wave address are still visible.

Wave is still the most interesting thing I have seen in a while. We will see what people will make off it.

J32, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  5. awundrin

awundrin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have WAVE too but found it very frustrating and nothing more than a glorified chat as not many of the features were activated. In my opinion Google jumped the gun on sending out the invites..should have had more stuff working in there...I think many people who have received the invites will be turned off to it.

awundrin, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  6. jasn009

jasn009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have google wave from last 1 month, and i used only once it, it really frustrates me, its boaring

jasn009, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  7. johnarcews

johnarcews Member

Best Answers:
    yah its so boring because i dont be the web environment its like windows application UI

johnarcews, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  8. ShadyStudent

ShadyStudent Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Wave isn't a new technology. It's just a fresh attempt to re-invent email like email was invented in the past, according to the Google wave team. It's not here to replace email it's just a collaboration tool. A few other companies have already being doing this, it just happens Google has joined and everyone has gone nuts! :)

Don't get me wrong its an awesome piece of kit and I use it.

ShadyStudent, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  9. YugoSlavac

YugoSlavac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's only going to be used for most business people. And, I doubt they're even going to use it a lot. It's much easier to use sites that millions are already using to communicate socially, like Facebook. That's why its not going to be too popular. It's sorta like Orkut. Google should stick to what they do best, focus on their search engine.

Yugo,

YugoSlavac, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  10. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have it - Have not bothered to use it and last time I checked had 4 invites I can't be bothered to use left and have not sent to anyone

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  11. ZXT

ZXT Peon

Best Answers:
    Free Google Wave Invites here

ZXT, Feb 7, 2010 IP
    MAD~DOG likes this.