1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it all just junk?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Kalyse, Jan 8, 2010.

Hello.
    I just had a little look over at the products available on CB and after 10 minutes and about 20 or so products from lots of different niches I determined that ALL that is available on there is junk eBook sales.

Each website is one of those annoying 10k pixels in height website that sprawls off how GREAT this product is..
    BUT WAIT!!! Theres more!... and that there is a 100% refund guarentee.

Can someone explain, how do you actually find tangible products on there?

Kalyse, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  2. cyclo394

cyclo394 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all digital. There may be some sellers who just got approval to start shipping CDs now. There are the so-called "gems". These are usually products that have low gravities and that our outside of the energy, health, gaming mainstream. While it may seem like junk to a certain buyer, or seller, a lot of it sells very well.

cyclo394, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  3. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, thanks for the advice cyclo394.
    I see that my understanding that it was all junk, was just because I have no need for any of it. (Althouhg I do think its still junk ha).

Kalyse, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  4. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    And you determined all that without actually seeing any of the products? :eek:

People do that because everyone else does, and they copy it, assuming that it must work well. Some of them claim they've actually tested it and found that it works better than everything else. Go figure.

There's a lot of garbage on Clickbank, it's true. But there are tens of thousands of products, and actually some very good ones with very good sales pages, too (and they're not all "one long page", by the way: you've probably been looking only at the "high gravity, high popularity" products, or something?). It takes a lot of work to identify the good ones.

At the moment (though this might change this year), the only tangible products sold on Clickbank (of which there are many) are those sold in conjunction with a digital product download.

alexa_s, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  5. mtnmom5

mtnmom5 Peon

Best Answers:
    people do buy those products and I bought one that helped me to finally make some money with AM....so they are not ALL junk.:)

mtnmom5, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  6. Super_Vendor

Super_Vendor Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I launch my products, you will see that they are not junk. Affiliates will not be disappointed.

Super_Vendor, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  7. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As long as they sell, who really cares?

Your thing is to find a product that turns high conversions and has a low refund rate and stick to it.

Let's be honest, it's the dollars we're all here for in the first place. And uhm, everyone has a different viewing angle when it comes to certain products in clickbank.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  8. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    Are the sites that use Click Bank generally spam sites? That sprawl off automated content in the thousands?

I just can't see any application for genuine sites here. I'm probably biased though (along with other web masters -- may I add) in the nature that we hold a certain esoteric understanding that any purchase of an item on CB is mostly useless.

I could definately see legitamate application of CB if they allow publishers to use it on spam sites.

Kalyse, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  9. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You really don't have any idea as to what you are talking about do you?

terryd, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  10. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    I made this thread so obviously I don't know what I'm talking about. Your observation must have taken some real flexing of those 2 brain cells you have.

Its a bit of an idiotic thing to post to be be perfectly honest.
    If - I had not done my research; or not looked over click bank before making this post; or was just generally lazy and wanted you to sprawl off information; then I could have quite rightly anticipate someone being insulting towards me.

But in fact that I had looked over it, made some of my own determinations based on the fact that webmasters will generally always be biased in their opinion of the products to not ever "buy" any of the things on sale, and thus wrongly prejudiced my opinion of CB.

At what point do I have "no idea of what I am talking about"?

Kalyse, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  11. dherald

dherald Active Member

Best Answers:
    While I agree that most products on CB are junk that can be found on google for free, there are some really good ones too.

One category is software. Software sales through affiliate marketing is an incredibly powerful tool.

The second are quality e-books in niches where info isn't available for free.

For example, http://pokahface.com is something that isn't available anywhere for free, but it targets a very specific niche in the market.

dherald, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  12. tonysanders

tonysanders Member

Best Answers:
    a lot of stuff here could be junk or rehashed items of the original. but for most affiliates anyway, its all about the money.

tonysanders, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  13. tuffkid

tuffkid Peon

Best Answers:
    I will be testing how well software is sold on clickbank this month; and I do agree with you on most products being junk. A lot of them are just a compilation of free information that can be found over the internet.

tuffkid, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  14. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks @ the previous three posters.

I'm trying to find this information but I can't quite discover.
    Are products verified for quality or "accuracy as to what is claimed" by CB? I use the term quality in the very narrow sense, since I doubt CB would ever want to say "yes this product is good".

Kalyse, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  15. kargl01

kargl01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, CB has booted products before if the info is too terrible or otherwise objectionable, but I think it has to be pretty bad (as in, lots of complaints) before they do anything.

kargl01, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  16. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey dumbass.....those 2 brain cells still put me one ahead of you.....

Wow.....you spent a whole 10 minutes.....is that cause you read slow or something?

Despite the fact you think with your limited IQ that there are only junk products, funnily enough these "junk products" probably sell in excess of 6 figures a day......so one would have to conclude that they are really not all junk products but rather with your limited IQ you can't determine a good product from a "junk" one............:D :D

terryd, Jan 9, 2010 IP
    tibor28 likes this.
  17. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you even understand what esoteric means? My entire posts (after I received a useful response) has been to draw the conclusion that webmasters are in a better position to understand that the products are junk because of the privileged position that we are generally in. How many webmasters have bought one of the products advertised on CB?

I don't disagree that they are not high selling items. But the mere fact that we know about CB and the overall categories of products which are sold on there completely prejudice our opinion of them ( in respect of determining if we should purchase an item or not). Where as in contrast, someone who is not a web master does not hold this prejudice because they don't have this "privileged" information about what CB is and may think that the information provided is actually useful.

You think that I am arguing against you, but we both have the similar points and I agree with you. CB products aren't junk per se because they are selling. But this doesn't mean that unilaterally across the board, that what is contained in them is not "junk".
    I agreed with you in one of my initial post the fact that you have missed this and that you insist on attacking my intelligence and disrupting what has otherwise been a constructive and helpful thread is a little annoying, but nontheless, I forgive you.

Kalyse, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  18. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Summed up - yea, most of it is junk, that people need/want/desire/are inspired or influenced from.. . . And yes mate there is a method to the madness. Don't judge a book (cb) by it's covers, 90% of the slate is in fact junk but that 10% is gold, and can make you a boat load. Don't worry so much about finding the gems as much as what personally works for you. Same principles apply to selling CB items that apply to any other business model - flip offers, flip lists, flip media, flip time, all into money.

Look at my right sig link, once there, look at the right column as you scroll down, those are the top current converters (influenced or otherwise) at CB - pick a few and take a run with them - you just might be pleasantly surprised at how well some of these 'junky' types of sales approaches work.

NCMedia, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  19. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks NCMedia. That was actually a really helpful post. I am not actually looking to go with anything at this time. I am purely just doing this for research so I understand things better.
    Do you have an example where you use an affiliate link on one of your sites?

Kalyse, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  20. safaer

safaer Active Member

Best Answers:
    =)) why they are making money? who buy this junk things?

People how deosn't know how to find these junk things in internet...

safaer, Jan 10, 2010 IP