1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website disappear from Google Search

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by discuss4u, Jan 8, 2010.

I have a website website which was once doing quite good on Google.

When I check my site on google yesterday. I found that the site dropped from the 2nd page to nowhere for one of the main keywords. I have breifly check the stats and it seems that this only happened 2 to 3 days ago.

Yet it is still doing well for other secondary keywords. For some secondary keywords it is still on 1st page of Google. When using site:domain.com it is still there.

I am wondering if there is any update being processed. Do anyone experience similar thing recently?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    discuss4u, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  2. SuzStephens

SuzStephens Peon

Best Answers:
    There does appear to be an update underway, as I've seen PR changes on some of my sites. I wouldn't be surprised if your site reappeared in a few days. Wouldn't hurt to resubmit your site map.

SuzStephens, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  3. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well google these days is implementing thier new alorghitm that is the reason such issues are happening

Bohra, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  4. jvmarket

jvmarket Peon

Best Answers:
    Some call it the google dance but basically sites can move up and down quite a bit for (up to a few months) this is not unusual. Depending on how active (competitive) the niche you're in is it can always be volatile.

The best thing to do is to keep building quality backlinks to your site targeting your keywords.

j

jvmarket, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  5. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    caffeine is starting to spread to more data centres in the last couple of days as expected after the holidays, so it could be that. Some of my keywords have dropped like a stone, others have climbed.

vagrant, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  6. discuss4u

discuss4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the reply. Since this is a website for both online and offline business. So I am a bit worry about that. But I will keep an eye on that to see what happens. Thanks!!

discuss4u, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  7. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    if its the sites in your sig file .... make sure you don't link to any of those "get rich quick sites" that use google in the domain as a "work for google" thing with adsense, as they have targeted those sites of late and taking legal action against some of them. Linking to them would not be a good idea.

vagrant, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  8. diamondzul002

diamondzul002 Guest

Best Answers:
    last 1month google can start google caffeine so in each and every website have some small small problem faced all update is complete than u can get your result and popularity back so wait some time

diamondzul002, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  9. Jeehan

Jeehan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It happen to me too. 1st to 16th page!. Then after some time it got back. to be safe just dont do any black hat seo and don't get huge back links over night.

Jeehan, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  10. yanduan

yanduan Guest

Best Answers:
    Can anyone tell me how to try caffeine? I'm so curious

yanduan, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  11. Sukijus

Sukijus Peon

Best Answers:
    It's because of caffeine. It happened to a lot of people...

Sukijus, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  12. skoopo

skoopo Peon

Best Answers:
    May be your website back links provider deleted your link so Google update it self after visiting that provider page. Try to SEo such keyword with proper anchored text .

skoopo, Jan 9, 2010 IP