1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Exit Stats don't match AdSense stats?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by iknowalittlebit, Jan 8, 2010.

After checking the exit link activity on my site's stats, I noticed that the number of google adwords ads in those stats are much greater than the number of clickthroughs that AdSense is giving us credit for.

For example, our stats will show that 100 people left our site by way of a google ad, but AdSense stats show half that many actually clicked.

Any ideas?

iknowalittlebit, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  2. corb

corb Peon

Best Answers:
    I find this fluxuates all the time. There are several factors that might lead to this: a user going through your site a lot, duplicate visits, ads not loading because a user isn't staying on the same page very long...things of that nature

corb, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  3. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ive heard this before. There are other people on this forum that claim the same thing, search it. Fact is, if this is true, then what are you going to do about it? I don't think Google is going to change the way they opperate to fix this.

Lex350, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  4. newera

newera Peon

Best Answers:
    this happen with every one get adsense account as i think there is some rule for the hit to be count

newera, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  5. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Happens to me also - just on 1 site, I can see from Statcounter that they have left via an adsense ad, but I only get credited for somewhere in the region of 10% of the clicks. Not sure why, and it is frustrating but don't want to rock the applecart with Google so to speak.

adsenseplr, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  6. iknowalittlebit

iknowalittlebit Peon

Best Answers:
    I have now used Stat Counter and OpenX. Both show 80% more clicks than AdSense is giving me credit for. I posted the question on the Google AdSense help forum and a level 4 person (whatever that means) posted a reply stating that I should be grateful that Google allows me to show the ads in the first place.

iknowalittlebit, Jan 19, 2010 IP