1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my site ?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ohannaweb, Jan 8, 2010.

Hi,

Please review my site and give me some Good or Bad Feed back about that.
    my site was registered in 17-Sep-02 and last update was 28-Mar-09.why my site not comes in ranking.

so please visit my site :-
    http://www.awayholidays.co.uk/

Thanks
    Ohannna

ohannaweb, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  2. draxc0la

draxc0la Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a good site, but it requires loading a long time

draxc0la, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  3. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean? Your site ranks #1 in Google.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...___US345&hs=Cmc&q=away+holidays&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Are you asking why you don't rank well for "cheap family holidays"? The answer there is becuase that is a VERY, VERY compeditive keyphrase, and you don't have even a small fraction of the number of quality backlinks you'll need to compete on that SERP.

99.9% of all sites that fail on the web do so becyuase of a poor selection of key phrases.

You've got to do a through key prhase analysis, carefully studing competition adn volume to come up with the right key prhases to optimize on in order to be successful. You can't just pick key phrases off the top of your head.

selectsplat, Jan 8, 2010 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  4. biglegg

biglegg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi I like your site,some good prices also, but it is very slow. People get fed up easily and move on. I suggest you try and rectify this.

biglegg, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  5. cristimarin

cristimarin Active Member

Best Answers:
    you have o great site.bv

cristimarin, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  6. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I too think the site looks good... Its definitely very hard to screw up the look of a site like that. They are just so many of them out there that you can follow to make it look good. With that being said, what are you really asking?

It is being ranked, just probably not for the keywords you want it ranked for. There is a lot of competition for the search term "cheap holidays." You will definitely need more backlinks for your siite if you want to get anywhere to the top of the SEs for the keywords you want.

GuruCreation, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  7. ohannaweb

ohannaweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi again,

Guys/Gals,

But my site not show in SERP So give me Good recommendation about this site, if you think any thing is effect my site so recommend me.

thanks for good feedback but i also need some error in my site because it effects my site SERP ranking.

so review again.

Thanks

8. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    You need to build more and more backlinks for your site in order to improve your SERP. But then again, that is only one way to help you in doing this. If you want to build more backlinks for your site by way of article marketing I can help.

"also I need some error in my site" <---- What does that mean? I don't see any errors.

9. ohannaweb

ohannaweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Like Iframe OR any type of error.

10. selectsplat

Best Answers:
  11. ohannaweb

ohannaweb Peon

Best Answers:
    You are just look a single keyword but i wanna rank in all keywords like:-

"holidays to dubai
    holidays to thailand
    holidays to bangkok
    holidays to singapore
    holidays to south africa
    hotels in dubai
    hotels in thailand
    hotels in bangkok
    "
    away holidays

i am expect Error because of not rank in Google in top 100 because as you say my site is good but it is not rank good it means it having some errors

Ok

12. selectsplat

Best Answers:
    No, it doesn't mean that you have errors. It means that you have not done on page or off page optimization optimization for these key phrases.

In order for you to rank well for these phrases, first you need to do you on page optimization.

1) key phrase in meta title of the page
    2.) key prhase in the url (if possible)
    3.) key prhase in h1 tag
    3.) key phrase in alt atribute of img tag
    5.) key prhase a couple of times in your text content
    6.) key phrase in the anchor text of links on your site pointing to the page you want to rank for the key phrase.

You have almost none of this.

After you've done all that, you need to build backlinks, with your key phrase in the anchor text of your backlinks. The backlinks you get need to be one way, do follow, on sites that are high qualitly, relevant, with strong PR and low outbound links.

13. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Those are very competitive keywords you are trying to target. You also don't have them in your keywords meta tag. I can help you rank higher, but it looks like you need to make some changes to the keywords you're trying to target.

The only iframe I see in your website is this: <iframe id="gToday:normal:agenda.js" style="Z-INDEX: 450; LEFT: -500px; VISIBILITY: visible; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -500px"
    onfocusout="chkdt();" name="gToday:normal:agenda.js" src="includes/ipopeng.htm" frameBorder="0"
    width="174" scrolling="no" height="189">
    </iframe>

14. selectsplat

Best Answers:
    also, a few of your selected key prhases will be next to impossible for you to rank anywhere near the first page for.

It is not realistic for you to think that you can rank on the first page for the following keyphrases...

holidays to dubai
    hotels in bangkok
    hotels in thailand
    hotels in dubai

The above phrases all have WAY too much competition. You'll need a ton of work and a large budget to even get close. I recommend finding alternative key prhases instead.

On the other hand, these key prhrases, you DO have a shot at getting on the first page of the SERP.
    holidays to bangkok
    holidays to singapore
    holidays to thailand
    holidays to south africa

They're still very competitive, but they are at least realistic. with some hard work and a small budget, you can achieve first page results for these phrases.

15. ohannaweb

ohannaweb Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys,

For your recommendation,

Thanks One again

16. Meglepett

Meglepett Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all the site look awesome.

I did find Webmaster Tool meta tag in the source code. Do you have the Google Webmaster Tool validated by file upload? If you do not, then the very first step is to get it done. Google Webmaster Tool is essential for all the websites as Google is willing to show more data to you, through this website then any other sources.

'Cheap Family Holiday' is would be a very good keywords as per Google Insight this keyword is mostly searched at the UK. But if you take a closer look, your real target is Scotland.

When I build a new site, I like to define my target visitors. This is what I do:

1. I search for the keyword and take a closer look at Google #1

2. Paste the site into www.quantcast.com

In this case for 'Cheap Family Holiday' I get www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk from Hungary (should be using a UK proxy for search, but it is not available for me this time)

Per Quantcast your target is:

- Male

- 50+ years old

- Have no kids (probably)

So instead of selling your service to everybody on earth, all information on your site has to be targeted to people above.

Your highest Pagerank is 1(most important page) at http://www.awayholidays.co.uk/south-africa/. The power comes from PR2 http://www.travelwalk.net/travel-advice-for-the-over-50s. Title:"Travel Advice For The Over 50s" (your target). See what I mean?

There is a not commonly used SEO technique called Aikido-Power based on keyword hits. I am working on a CMS using this method at the moment.

If you send me your registered search engine keyword hits in PM, I can help more.

Meglepett, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  17. andy_089

andy_089 Member

Best Answers:

I don't think that it's impossible to rank for these key phrases.
    I give you an example. I was investigating the key phrase:
    holidays to punta cana

No. 2 in Google for that key phrase is a recently done travel-guide website, that has been done very simple... almost no backlinks, but a lot of unique text information.

It really surprised me how such a site can rank so high for most key phrases related to holidays in Punta Cana in such a short time.

As I have a website related to Punta Cana I'm always investigating on these key phrases.

andy_089, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  18. jackdaniels187

jackdaniels187 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the site looks awesome. Great job!

jackdaniels187, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  19. ohannaweb

ohannaweb Peon

Best Answers:
    ohannaweb, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  20. Amrak

Amrak Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing is impossible if you have enough time or money to throw at it, so you can technically rank for anything if you really put forth the effort. I would do something about the loading time--it is taking to long.

The site looks pretty good--nice pictures. The sidebar is kind of generic--you could tweak that a bit & jazz it up.

I have to agree with some of the other reviewers though--focusing on everyone isn't the best idea--focusing on certain types of travel or travelers would be easier and probably more productive for you

Amrak, Jan 9, 2010 IP