1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Squeeze page or sales page

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Augie5390, Jan 7, 2010.

Hi,

When using Adwords is it better to direct customers to your squeeze page which then sends them to the sales page or straight to the sales page. I am worried if I send them to the squeeze page they will get dissapointed and leave and I will waste the money for that click.

Thanks,

Augie Johnston

Augie5390, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My philosophy is if you have an ad that they clicked on, which means they like what I said and have an interest in my offer, bring them to a sales page. That's what they want and expect. If they don't want to sign up to your squeeze page, you've lost the potential sale. Even if 50% sign up, you've lost the other 50% and your costs double. Use the opportunity to sell to them. You've got them through the front door, keep them there, show them what you've got.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  3. Serge

Serge Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure they stay on your page no matter what. Give them what they want. You can always add an opt-in form for EXTRA stuff(info, products, etc )

Serge, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  4. bluezone101

bluezone101 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip

bluezone101, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  5. knownowppc

knownowppc Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually I have a sales page with optin. So folks who clicked on your ad are expecting a salespage and provide them all the info they need to make a informed decision, however your target should also be to monetize on your paid click. The best way to do this is to give them a reason to optin to your list.

knownowppc, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  6. Augie5390

Augie5390 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the input...I think I like no...LOVE the idea about the sales page with an optin on there. I think I am going to use a popup optin...

Thanks again

Augie Johnston

Augie5390, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  7. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    Don't use popups with Adwords. Your ad will be disapproved. Your optin must be part of your landing page and not a separate window.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  8. imranali

imranali Peon

Best Answers:
    i have read somewhere that its a good idea to have landing page as a informative site, then a very nice "click to go to next page" in order to increase the cick thru rate on PPC campaigns, rather than have them click on back button immediately, causing bounce rates to spike.

Lower bounce rates entail having a cheaper cost per click, as one of the variables in quality score.

imranali, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  9. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    Reading this, I think you mean a "click for next page" on your landing page. If so, how would having that on your page increase your click rate? You either misunderstood or someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

If you meant however having that phrase in your ad, unless the rule has changed, you are not allowed to use the word "click", at least not in Adwords. I suppose it could work, and it might, but I think you are wasting valuable ad space with something that offers no value.

I've heard, and it makes sense, to have shorter pages and a "click for next page" to get them to read your full sales message to the end, the last of which of course would be your offer.

As far as I know, Google cannot know your bounce rate (unless you use Analytics) and is not a QS factor. It would be very unreliable if they did.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  10. samspam

samspam Peon

Best Answers:
    That question is so broad that a book could be written for an answer. It totally depends on what you are promoting, what keywords you are using, what "mode" the clicker is in when he/she searches your keywords etc.

I suggest you read up on some sales psychology. I mean, f.ex. if someone is searching for "buy product x now", well, send them to the sales page, they are ready to buy. If they're searching for broader keywords, make a squeeze page, catch their emails, and sell them several things in the same vertical or a related vertical in the future.

samspam, Jan 10, 2010 IP