1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Else Actually Prefer Vista over 7?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Ascendancy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Win 7 is way better than Vista and XP both. Vista if you use it for 1+ year will become so buggy even with SP2 and all patches and tools you can use to speed up so I was really happy when upgraded pretty smoothly to Win 7 few days ago.

Vista took way too much memory and disk space from me that I can't even say how much. It was slow with 4gb of ram and huge hdd. When I upgraded to win 7 and not touching anything in settings and so on, there were about 70gb free space after vista !!!! Can you realise that ? Vista = shitty system. You probably don't use it enough to realise it.

XP is not that bad at all. But it 8+ years old and will die completely in next 1-2 years.

DPParadise, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  2. downloadvyp

downloadvyp Peon

Best Answers:
    why would you like Vista more then 7? 7 is better,so there's no reason you would like Vista more.only perhaps if someone don't want to buy 7

downloadvyp, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  3. RTSngz

RTSngz Member

Best Answers:
    I'm certainly sure that Windows 7 is better than Vista because of some reasons such as speed, graphics etc. so it would be better to be a Windows 7 user. I just want to give an example to clarify my advice. My homemate was using Vista for 1.5 years and this OS affected his computer's performance very badly. Now he's using Win7 and he feels more confident because of being a Windows 7 user. It's faster than Vista and graphics are better...

RTSngz, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  4. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    By the way I need to add that lately on Vista I had a lot of crashes of file Explorer.exe

If you know what the file is this you will feel the irony:)

5. BlueIce08

BlueIce08 Member

Best Answers:
    Just upgraded to 7 last week, all operating systems have their problems, got XP running on a different computer and that seems just as buggy as the day I got that. For me 7 is a decent OS although personally apart from the bells and whistles they put on it I don't notice the difference to vista.

BlueIce08, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  6. Kunalbhatia

Kunalbhatia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ummm, its much more than an addition of bells and whistles. If you didn't notice the faster processing time, handling and the like you might as well be just using a windows 7 theme instead of the OS.

Kunalbhatia, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  7. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its all matter of preferences. although windows 7 is better as lots of user from vista said.

etc, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  8. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    Haha, well said.:D

Kunalbhatia likes this.
  9. sunshine84

sunshine84 Peon

Best Answers:
    For some reason Vista has always frustrated me. My daughter has Windows 7 on her computer and loves it. Me, I'm an XP fan for now, but may upgrade this year.

sunshine84, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  10. woody7906

woody7906 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7. I have programmed on all of them..there isn't much difference "under the hood" between Windows Vista SP2 and Windows 7

The Platform Update for Vista backports DirectX11 back to Vista...if 7 was that much different then Vista...this wouldn't be possible

7 is to vists what XP was to Windows 2000...a maintenance release...as Direct X 9 was backported to Windows 2000

by default, Windows vista is more secure than Windows 7 due to the User Account Control settings...Vista prompts for EVERYTHING that requires root privledges(Administrator, just like Linux and Sudo) windows 7 only prompts for certain things...easier to use? maybe...less secure? absolutely...easier to get infected with a Virus with 7 UAC default settings...you can change those settings, and I highly reccommed setting the UAC settings on Windows 7 to the highest setting(Vista mode) for increased security.

But there isn't much difference between Vista and 7 underneath...most of it is UI changes and tweaks..

Windows XP and Windows XPx64 edition IMO are still better operating systems then both.

however since I mostly use Linux and KDE(where Microsoft stole all their User Interface Ideas for Vista and 7 from KDE) I find KDE to be 10times the UI that Vista or 7 is...use KDE for a month and then go back to windows and you will be so aggraviated with Vista and 7 UI that you will long for KDE...

Everything that takes 4-5 clicks in the vista/7 UI takes 1-2 clicks in KDE....this ease of use and the vast config options make it superior

But Vista and 7 are about the same

sorry for the KDE/Linux rant...it was just on my mind ;)

woody7906, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  11. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    Dude you are so wrong that you can even imagine. Just notice how fast win7 handles typical user operations, like opening windows, browsing web, starting applications, copying files. And how DirectX starts from 10 officialy portable....lol ?:) Some packages maybe, which don't guarantee to work.

"The Platform Update for Vista backports DirectX11 back to Vista..." You smoked something today:)

UAC also asks for almost everything in win7, but works alooot faster. It simpled freezed my PC sometimes under vista.

DPParadise, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  12. jacquem

jacquem Guest

Best Answers:
    I use XP and 7.

XP on my home machine and work PC and Vista on my MSI netbook.

I've tried Vista before on my Asus laptop and its slow.

Enough said.

jacquem, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  13. jskapur

jskapur Active Member

Best Answers:
    granted windows vista is good, but for old laptop's like mine it really didn't run smooth at all, the updates hardly helped, but ever since I started running windows 7 (from beta) it was much better.
    No more errors or random shutdown's of programmes. It was very smooth.
    I even think that Windows 7 is better than XP! ;)

jskapur, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  14. hem1234

hem1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to work in windows vista so I have not tried win 7.

hem1234, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  15. Webgold

Webgold Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have Vista working fine, what's the point upgrading?

You will gain hardly anything in my opinion, I'm not going to keep upgrading windows every time there is a new version just too make the richest man on earth even richer.

I will keep vista until at least the next version of windows, or maybe by then there will be something other operating system from a different company.

Webgold, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  16. esspro

esspro Peon

Best Answers:
    Yh i fink vista is more better..windows 7 is a sly copy of mac

esspro, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  17. woody7906

woody7906 Peon

Best Answers:
    Umm...yes DirectX11 was backported to Windows Vista as part of the Platform Update for Windows Vista that was released final...its on Windows Update for Vista users

for your reading pleasure:

http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/showpost.aspx?i=652

http://blogs.msdn.com/directx/archive/2009/09/10/windows-7-transition-pack-for-windows-vista.aspx

for those Vista users that haven't downloaded directX11 yet can do so here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=e1199d12-5b23-4769-b1e0-210ee147ce15

you still need a directX11 graphics card and such to take advantage under vista, however it has been backported...just like direct X9 was backported from XP to Windows 2000

i have done and do major programming on Windows pal...kernel level and driver level progrmaming...i know waht Im talking about

windows 7 has the new WDM 1.1....Vista only supports WDM v 1.0...however, the differences are subtle...

if you have Vista, and buy a direct X11 graphics card, and install that Vista update, Direct X 11 you will have on Vista without buying Windows 7....

Vista SP2 IS Windows 7....Windows 7 was primarily a User Interface Shift and Vista SP2 and a few small fixes that became availlable for Vista later rolled out into an OS

windows 7 is a fine operating system, My sister just got a comp with it on there and I have been testing it at work..its better then Vista original release...but Vista SP2 is a fine OS in its own right....Vista was hated because Apps were not compatible with its new model...Apps are compatibiel with windows 7 now because Vista paved the road for it...Vista SP2 is a fine OS....there is no reason to hate on it.

I think Vista and 7 are both good...those who had problems with vista didn't have the hardware to run it properly...

by the way, Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows 7 ALL share the same internal kernel build number and string...so they are not that much different

windows 7 tweaked a few services and the UI..that doesn't make it a whole new OS..Windows 2000 and windows XP had very little differences under the hood...but on the outside XP had the luna theme...both are good OS...I don't see the big deal

If you allready have and paid for Vista and have SP2 just install the platform update and stay pat

I will say Windows XP to 7 is an upgrade....even Windows XP to vista is an upgrade

i have 4 comps here

1 running XP pro
    1 running windows Vista SP2 x64
    1 Running Windows 7 Pro x64
    1 Running Ubuntu Karmic x64 edition

other then the UI, vista 64 and 7 64 both run smooth....don't buy into the hype with benchmarks, most of them are unscientific, use different hardware, and are closed testing methodologies that are not fair or accurate

besides you really want to get technical in terms of speed, Ubuntu Karmic x64 with ext4 beats the tar out of Windows 7 x64 in almost every test you could throw at it...that doesn't necessarily make Ubuntu better, nor would the average user ever even notice it at all...

woody7906, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  18. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Think you have it back words
    Vista < Windows 7 < XP

Everyones going to think windows 7 is great when Vista is such crap. Windows xp works just fine for me, no more money for Microsoft.

Lex350, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  19. jskapur

jskapur Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol, jokes

jskapur, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  20. wakeupseo

wakeupseo Member

Best Answers:
    I feel better for Vista.

Vista is more comfortable for comparing others windows.

wakeupseo, Jan 8, 2010 IP