1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Businesses and Strategies are ONLY available to US residents?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ninehigh, Jan 5, 2010.

I have noticed that there are tons of questions from people asking if a business or strategy is able to be ran from a country other and the US. Most of the times it is or there are some small work-arounds.

What I would like to know is:

"What businesses or strategies are ONLY available to people living in the United States?"

I figure that if my geographic location or citizenship is a competitive advantage, I would like to utilize it. It would go without saying that because these opportunities are limited to one country, the competition would be less.

Let me know what comes to mind for you.

ninehigh, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  2. 3dom

3dom Peon

Best Answers:
    Unlocking iPhones? People in other countries can purchase them unlocked in stores without any "adventures".

3dom, Jan 5, 2010 IP
    ninehigh likes this.
  3. ninehigh

ninehigh Active Member

Best Answers:
    3dom,
    Are you saying that it is easier/cheaper to purchase iphones in the US, unlock them, and sell them in other countries?

"People in other countries can purchase them unlocked in stores without any "adventures". -Does that mean that they are easier to purchase in countries other than the US?

ninehigh, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  4. Tj John

Tj John Peon

Best Answers:
    is a legal to do that...

Tj John, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  5. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, iPhones are cheaper in the US than anywhere else, often by a considerable margin.

In most other countries, people are accustomed to buying phones without carrier subsidies - while subsidy arrangements may exist, they are not as widespread as in the US, where most people would never even consider paying the actual retail price for a phone.

So these people in other countries are willing to actually pay, and the phone is cheaper in the US. This creates an opportunity to get those phones to them.

SmallPotatoes, Jan 6, 2010 IP